Drive By Truckers Mini OBH

Started by rincon2, Nov 24, 2014, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon2

DBT just did 3 marathon shows at the Fillmore in SF this past weekend. Not no repeat, but as close as could be considered reasonable. Like an idiot, I failed to commit and missed it. But one savvy poster hear made the trip, and his DBT board postings make me feel stupid for not committing. He is also going to OBH2, so what a few months for Headhunter! These are 6 concerts I will regret missing the rest of my life.  Look at this setlist from night 3. 31 songs, 3.5 hours. They only left the stage because there was a 2AM curfew.

Lookout Mountain
Gravity's Gone
The Southern Thing
72 (This Highway's Mean)
Pauline Hawkins
Women Without Whiskey
The Living Bubba
Made Up English Oceans
Daddy Needs a Drink
Uncle Frank
Puttin' People on the Moon
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Used to be a Cop
Shit Shots Count*
Everybody Needs Love*
Marry Me*
Mercy Buckets*
When the Pin Hits the Shell*
A World of Hurt*
First Air of Autumn
Tornadoes
A Ghost to Most
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Encore:
Birthday Boy
Girls Who Smoke
Zip City
Ronnie and Neil
Sounds Better in the Song
Box of Spiders
Get Downtown
Angels and Fuselage

*with Ralph Carney on saxophone, Darren Johnston on trumpet, and Allen Williams on trombone

Hard curfew of 2 am meant the band had to shorten the encore. I am not joking about that.
uncle rickey

headhunter

I flew out to San Fran and saw all 3 DBT shows at the Fillmore with Penny Lane last week.

The only other musical experience in my life that compared to this one was 5 Nights with MMJ at T5 a few years back.  Yes, DBT was that good.

And seeing a real rock show like DBT at The Fillmore was like seeing MMJ at Red Rocks.
Neither will ever be forgotten.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Cameron

they were filming the shows for a dvd at least.

headhunter

Quote from: Cameron on Nov 25, 2014, 11:57 AM
they were filming the shows for a dvd at least.

No, they were recording it for a 4 lp album that will come out next year.  It wasn't filmed and no DVD.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ffghtrs

I AM SO SAD I"M A BROKE JOKE!  i missed DBT at the Fillmore and AND AND AND I can't go to OBH2. Fuck.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?