Christmas Beer Review!

Started by thebugman, Dec 24, 2014, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebugman

Merry Christmas, bushwackers! The Bushman & Black Rain are here to spread the merriness and celebrate the holidays the only way they know how - with beer! In the spirit of the Griswolds, our intrepid gang decided to venture far out into the wilderness to find the perfect tree. And find it they did. And decorate it they did, with the world's longest extension cord and endless cheer. Celebration Ales fast in hand they decided what the hell, let's film a beer review while we're at it because why the hell not. So they did. And now you're reading about it for some reason.

http://youtu.be/Y3hq4UuwiVo
four on the floor and four in the air....

pattilovesmmj

Three Floyds brew Zombie Dust Please!
I've got connections in the beer industry and they can't even get this stuff!!!!

walterfredo

Quote from: pattilovesmmj on Dec 31, 2014, 11:27 AM
I've got connections in the beer industry and they can't even get this stuff!!!!

you pretty much need to live in IN or Chicago and be on it when zombie dust is released.  It's a great beer for sure.

pattilovesmmj

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 31, 2014, 01:00 PM

you pretty much need to live in IN or Chicago and be on it when zombie dust is released.  It's a great beer for sure.
My son heard about it in college (MIZZOU) and our good friend at Binny's says it's out the door even before it's officially there and I guess they only brew a small amount per year. 

walterfredo

They actually brew a fairly significant amount, but it's wildly popular and goes fast.  If you can head to the brewery when it's released I think you can fairly easily buy a case of it.  But I don't follow the brewery too closely because it's a long drive from CA.

iLikeBeer

I've never had the real thing, but I have a homebrew recipe that I brew and it's arguably one of the best beers I brew!   :beer:

Btw, bugman, I too am a fan of Celebration!   :beer:

pattilovesmmj

Anyone know if Henry Weinhard's beer is still being brewed? 

Rogue yellow snow IPA has been reccommended

iLikeBeer

Quote from: pattilovesmmj on Jan 02, 2015, 11:40 AM

Rogue yellow snow IPA has been reccommended

I'll 2nd that recommendation...  :beer:   :thumbsup:

thebugman

well thanks guys! we have not been able to get our hands on any zombie dust but we did try some pliny the elder a few weeks ago and it was fantastic.

if any of you guys wanna procure some zombie dust or headytopper or anything bad ass like that....even more pliny or just anything you think we would like....I have paypal so ship it...lol...gotta try right?

rogue yellow snow is a good ipa...no doubt...most rogue beers are solid and we can actually get that in MS....

anyone out there ever try anything brewed in MS like southern prohibition? they make excellent beers and they come in cans! love canned beer....

thanks for the feedback and recommendations!
four on the floor and four in the air....