Forecastle 2015

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

I think there's a 75% chance of MMJ

I also I have a strong feeling that Strand of Oaks and FJM will make the list.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

BigHerm

I think there is a 100% chance. I don't think "insider" on inforoo has ever been wrong in many years. If she says they aren't on the farm, I don't think they will be.

That said there is a first time for everything and I hope this is it because I would much rather see them at bonnaroo than forecastle.

It's one or the other, correct?

EverythingChanges

Quote from: BigHerm on Jan 12, 2015, 12:29 PM
I think there is a 100% chance. I don't think "insider" on inforoo has ever been wrong in many years. If she says they aren't on the farm, I don't think they will be.

That said there is a first time for everything and I hope this is it because I would much rather see them at bonnaroo than forecastle.

It's one or the other, correct?

Jack White was headlining both last year. I think both festivals are completely different, and MMJ should be at both. I personally don't want to be trapped at bonnaroo with no shower for three days. That's why I prefer Forecastle. The drive is shorter too.

Im hoping the Dead Weather headline some stuff this year.

Stevie

I dont think it depends on Bonnaroo at all.  At Bonnaroo MMJ wouldn't be one of the headliners, and at Forecastle they would easily be in the top 3.  That makes for two "different" kinds of festivals rather than two festivals headlined by the same act. 

timescaper

She didn't say they wouldn't be just not in the Top 4 billing

e_wind

I really hope they aren't at forecastle. they haven't played louisville since their last forecastle set. I'd much rather see a hometown show, which would last more than 2 hours
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 13, 2015, 08:27 PM
I really hope they aren't at forecastle. they haven't played louisville since their last forecastle set. I'd much rather see a hometown show, which would last more than 2 hours

You don't think they could do both? Start their tour with lousiville and then come back in mid July? Also if they're at forecastle, maybe they would have a headlining set and then a late night show at the palace or something akin to what string cheese did two years ago.

I'm pretty sure Forecastle will book them. All of their fans are pretty addiment on making it happen. Honestly, I haven't seen any other headliner save for MMJ that excites me this year. If MMJ isn't there, I hope Forecastle books something different and exciting.

e_wind

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 13, 2015, 08:54 PM

You don't think they could do both? Start their tour with lousiville and then come back in mid July? Also if they're at forecastle, maybe they would have a headlining set and then a late night show at the palace or something akin to what string cheese did two years ago.

I'm pretty sure Forecastle will book them. All of their fans are pretty addiment on making it happen. Honestly, I haven't seen any other headliner save for MMJ that excites me this year. If MMJ isn't there, I hope Forecastle books something different and exciting.

I won't claim to know anything, but history would suggest that won't happen. they've only played louisville 4 times over the last 7 years. it seems like they don't play here often, because when they do its a big deal. the whole 9 yards and what have you

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 13, 2015, 09:02 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 13, 2015, 08:54 PM

I won't claim to know anything, but history would suggest that won't happen. they've only played louisville 4 times over the last 7 years. it seems like they don't play here often, because when they do its a big deal. the whole 9 yards and what have you

All I know is that I will be in Louisville whenever they are.

I'm actually not overly excited about Bonnaroo's lineup. There's some great stuff on it, but I sort of like going back to my hotel or partying at a bar after each night. Showering is a great thing! That lineup is good, but I've seen a lot of those acts recently, and I hope Forecastle strays from the trend this year like they tend to do.

e_wind

Roo's line up has a ton of great shit on it. Exhibit A: SLAYER. That being said, I don't care to go to bonnaroo

timescaper

best option is a separately ticketed MMJ Late Night Forecastle show at Yum Center from 1am - 4am  - drinks are served in Louisville til 4 anyways!

Angelo

The only fest I care to go to is Solid Sound. Nothing else really interests me except for maybe Mountain Jam. Well that and Newport but damn is Newport expensive. Other than  that just give me some proper tour dates already!

werduga

There is a lot of people that think that MMJ will play Shaky Knees this year. Jim played solo in the rain the first year.  They announce at noon Tom. It's a great festival in Atlanta for those that have never been. I expect a pretty solid line up!

EverythingChanges

Some girl on forecastle's FB said Dave Mathews Band is rumored to be headlining.

I hope not. LOL.

Eric you usually have some inside dirt. Throw us a bone! Haha

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 14, 2015, 03:44 PM
Some girl on forecastle's FB said Dave Mathews Band is rumored to be headlining.

I hope not. LOL.

Eric you usually have some inside dirt. Throw us a bone! Haha

eek, I hope not. I sat out Forecastle 2 years ago bc of the headliners...that'd make me want to sit out again.

EverythingChanges

http://www.inforoo.com/thread/33869/forecastle-festival-2015-july-17?page=6

Go through that link. Everyone on there seems pretty sure that DMB and MMJ are headlining this year. If that's the case, I hope MMJ gets at least one long set and Dave plays on Sunday night so we can go home early.

I'm thinking MMJ DMB and a hip hop headliner followed by Ryan Adams, Decemberists, strand of oaks, father John misty, Sturgill Simpson, Portugal the Man (or Weezer), hopefully dr dog, jeff tweedy

EverythingChanges

Other than MMJ, I hope the headliners are different.

I think forecastle would be surprised at the back lash they would get if they booked Dave.

LBSUNFLWR

If Ryan Adams and MMJ play the same weekend here I will be thrilled beyond belief.
Throw in FJM or real estate or any number of smaller acts I have seen showing up on other festival lists and I will be super excited for Forecastle.

And you're right, no matter which night DMB plays they will be the closer that night, so I can leave early!!

truth is I wasn't into any of the headliners last year but still was happy with the overall line-up. DMB just seems like an odd fit for Forecastle to me...

rmpotsy

you werent happy with jack white, beck, and outkast?  wow, what would make you happy?  i thought last year was the best lineup theyve hever had top to bottom.  now having mmj and wilco as two of the three headliners was huge for me personally, all in all, last years lineup was bigger and better.

and a big HELL NO to dmb
out go the lights it begins

LBSUNFLWR

I'm not into Jack White. Watched the first few songs of his set but left early that night. Not really into Outkast but my bf is and I liked their set, ended up knowing more songs than I thought I would.

Beck was my favorite of those 3 Headliners and we did stay for his set. I was more excited last year about Ray LaMontagne, Jason Isbell, Band of Horses, Jenny Lewis etc.

also, the first year I lived in Louisville and went to Forecastle the headliners were MMJ and Wilco! Hard for anything to compete with that in my book!