Forecastle 2015

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmpotsy

im a big rock n roll head, that being said, jack white was one of the best shows ive ever seen.  thought outkast was a great set as well and beck, well thats been a life long quest to see him and he did not disappoint one bit. 
out go the lights it begins

LBSUNFLWR

I hear ya, just that Jack White doesn't do it for me. I did like the 2 Raconteurs albums though.

rmpotsy

i also could not get over just how much fun beck was.  not necessarily an attribute i am usually looking for at a show, but damn was he a ball to see live.

LBSUNFLWR

He really was. Wasn't sure what to expect and he was better than I would have thought too! The only Beck album I ever really listened to was Sea Change.

e_wind

I agree with Ryan, last years line up was the best they've ever had. Also, MMJ and Wilco are my two favorite acts by miles, and I still liked last year better than 2012.

As far as this year, I havent heard DMB, but I have repeatedly heard MMJ. I never really trust anyone in Louisville about Forecastle though. Its usually just hot air coming out of peoples face holes.

If DMB plays I really hope he closes it out, because I'm usually dead tired by the end of Sunday anyway. (though Beck rejuvenated me last year)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Forecastle linked an article to their FB that says to expect a lineup drop by the end of January.  It usually takes them until the beginning of March to drop the lineup.  What do you all think?  I'm guessing there is some merit to that claim because Forecastle posted it to their FB.   Even though the article is 3rd party.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2015/01/16/the-ew-guide-to-music-festival-season-2015/
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

oistheone

Nice find! That would be CRAZY if they dropped their lineup then, pretty much six weeks ahead of schedule. Then again, Bonnaroo announced its lineup over a month earlier than usual, so maybe AC Entertainment is just dropping their lineups as quickly as possible this year. AC still has three other fests to announce (two in unknown locations, one in Toronto) so maybe they want to put their established brands out there first and then announce the new ones when they'd normally be announcing Bonnaroo, Forecastle etc.

Verrrrrry interesting either way. Man, I love festival lineup drop season.

EverythingChanges

Forecastle liked the fan's question on FB now in regards to dropping the lineup at the end of January. That usually means it's confirmed! Damn that's early this year! Hell ya! Just please keep Dave off of the lineup.

e_wind

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 17, 2015, 06:25 AM
Forecastle liked the fan's question on FB now in regards to dropping the lineup at the end of January. That usually means it's confirmed! Damn that's early this year! Hell ya! Just please keep Dave off of the lineup.

dace mathews and dave ghrol

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 17, 2015, 03:07 PM

Foo's won't happen anyway. I'm pretty sure their tour schedule doesn't line up.

e_wind

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 17, 2015, 04:51 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Jan 17, 2015, 03:07 PM

Foo's won't happen anyway. I'm pretty sure their tour schedule doesn't line up.

thank god. Id rather watch dads dance around to DMB than to see a repeat of what I saw when Foos played Hangout. The worst kind of crowd

EverythingChanges

Pretty sure the first clue is Portugal. The Man!

Man of many men = Portugal. The MAN consists of many men in the band.
Hail from the land of red and green = Portugal's flag colors
Painted rivers = lyrics from an older one of their songs I believe.

I know this theory has been thrown around already, but before I heard each part broken down like this, I thought it was going to be Weezer. I'd much prefer Portugal!

Gaslight Anthem seems to be the second clue. I checked them out on Spotify and didn't really care for what I heard. That's okay though, a festival needs some duds because I can't see every act!

e_wind

Gaslight Anthem is good if you're into the style of music they are. I love PtM so I hope thats true.

timescaper

dmb isn't all bad -- the vibe mid 90's was very similar to a jacket show at least near the stage there's always going to be jokers in the lawn who came just to party at any show.

And MMJ is on both Dave's record label and now signed to the artist management group formed by his management team so there's that.

I was lucky to be in dmb's fanclub when MMJ opened for them and as a result my first jacket show was in a reserved seat front row on the rail right in front of Carl I had their albums but hadn't seen them live and that was a very special experience for me so I thank Dave for that!

EverythingChanges

I'd be totally on board if Forecastle booked Young or Springsteen to headline.  That would be insane.

EverythingChanges

Sorry guys and gals...Looks like Dave is coming. Unless that's your thing.

Sucks that he will take up a headlining spot, but I didn't like Outkast last year, and I still had a great time.  I think Jacket is another headliner.  The question is whether the third one will be great or not. 

rmpotsy

i know less than nothing about dmb, so can you explain to me how this is a guarantee theyre headlining?

EverythingChanges

Quote from: rmpotsy on Jan 19, 2015, 12:47 PM
i know less than nothing about dmb, so can you explain to me how this is a guarantee theyre headlining?

Forecastle is a smaller festival when compared to Bonnaroo or something of that caliber.  DMB has a bigger following than MMJ (who I think would headline Forecastle).  Over 3.2 million people like Dave on FB.  His music isn't horrid, but it is really dull.  And for some reason, a bunch of people seem to love him.  He just fits that Sunday headliner spot for Forecastle. 

LBSUNFLWR

so I get the ants reference...do they have a song with the word chateau too?

EverythingChanges

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 19, 2015, 01:29 PM
so I get the ants reference...do they have a song with the word chateau too?

Not that I am aware of, maybe everyone on FB (including myself) are jumping to conclusions?