Forecastle 2015

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Quote from: BigHerm on Jul 20, 2015, 10:10 AM
Wish I would have seen you mr white. I was on the rail Jim side. Great show and glad to be able to get back on the forum. [emoji106]

I saw you BigHerm! You were way down on Jim's end leaning over the rail a lot. I kept looking that way at all the fans I've recently met at shows this summer and/or on the Interweb, but didn't want to scream past all the people in between that I didn't know. I was able to get AlwxanderD10's attention right before MMJ took the stage. I took several photos of the crowd behind me and of those of you down that side of the rail (I was almost directly in front of Carl's mic, maybe slightly more to the center). I'll post some fan photos from the rail in a while (I've got to get back on Photobucket and upload them first).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

One last MMJ video from Forecastle 2015 - Saying goodbye and giving hugs

DayDrinkin

I hope someone had a fresh shirt for Pat. My man put in major work Saturday night.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Jul 19, 2015, 01:55 PM

Quote from: Woldie on Jul 19, 2015, 10:43 AM
Did anyone else get a copy of the MMJ cult pamphlet as they exited last night?!? MMJ references throughout!

No, but that sounds interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was handed one of these on the way out last night. need to look through it still but saw Victory Dance in there.

LBSUNFLWR

On a side note, it seems Sunday was the most crowded day of the 3 and it seemed to me, bc I was in the way back behind the walkway and the vendors, that Modest Mouse got the biggest crowd of any show I saw all weekend. I was on the far right side for MMJ and so I really didn't see how far back the crowd went, but seems like Forecastle could have made Modest Mouse the 3rd headliner and left the debacle of Sam Smith out completely. Though looking back it was for the best considering Sam Smith only got to play 4 songs.

I also know Widespread Panic has a huge following so between them and Modest Mouse I guess that's why Sunday seemed more crowded than the other 2 days.

Once again I thought the festival was very well done. They didn't seem to run out of water or anything and even the bathrooms seemed to be well maintained. Highlights of my weekend were MMJ, tweedy and Widespread Panic. I thought tweedy sounded great and was thrilled they closed their set with California Stars! Worst part of the weekend, and obviously out of anyone's control, was the unbelievable heat and humidity!!

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jul 20, 2015, 01:21 PM
Quote from: DayDrinkin on Jul 19, 2015, 01:55 PM

Quote from: Woldie on Jul 19, 2015, 10:43 AM
Did anyone else get a copy of the MMJ cult pamphlet as they exited last night?!? MMJ references throughout!

No, but that sounds interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was handed one of these on the way out last night. need to look through it still but saw Victory Dance in there.

p.s. this is some sort of religious pamphlet and really not my thing. I have seen as much as I wanted to see of it. If anyone seriously wants to have it send me a PM with your address and I will put it in the mail.

johnnYYac

Mr. White and BigHerm, glad to hear you got some prime "rail estate."   :drum:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jamfish

Quote from: slappymoe on Jul 19, 2015, 10:30 AM
i'm gonna assume (well, hope and pray) they decided to save any rarities and new covers for new year's eve at the yum!

YES PLEASE!

MACKEL

Quote from: Jamfish on Jul 21, 2015, 03:14 PM
i'm gonna assume (well, hope and pray) they decided to save any rarities and new covers for new year's eve at the yum!

YES PLEASE!

Has a New Year's YUM show been announced or confirmed?
Been lookin back, down through the ages; First I was an ancient, then I was an infant, now I'm ALIVE

tippitoes22

Quote from: michaelsatterfield on Jul 21, 2015, 03:28 PM
Quote from: Jamfish on Jul 21, 2015, 03:14 PM

YES PLEASE!

Has a New Year's YUM show been announced or confirmed?

That's what I wanted to ask...?
I think this is wishful thinking?
But, curious if someone with even a semi legit source has heard this rumor?

Please & Thank You
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

slappymoe

nothing but wishful thinking on my part. and the possibility only crossed my mind after i read this:

http://mymorningjacket.net/index.php/topic,19444.0.html

Mr. White

Forecastle 2015 posted this 3 min. highlight video.

LBSUNFLWR

Mr. White

These glow-stick people are weirded-out! It's worth the "trip" watching this though.

MACKEL

:cheesy: Where will you be when the acid kicks in?  :cheesy:

Been lookin back, down through the ages; First I was an ancient, then I was an infant, now I'm ALIVE

Lonndown27

Quote from: michaelsatterfield on Jul 26, 2015, 01:29 PM
:cheesy: Where will you be when the acid kicks in?  :cheesy:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup: :cool: :drum: :bath: :beer:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018