Main Menu

OBH 2 GEAR!

Started by jacketfan127, Feb 01, 2015, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacketfan127

For those of you at OBH (jealous), could you please list any gear that Jim and Carl are using...definitely Carl. I know Jim uses the 3 Monkeys am and Carl is usually using a Carr amp. I'm interested in the pedals that they are using for this tour.

tippitoes22

All I know for sure is they keep bringing old Gibson guitars up to Carl like he went to some magical sale. He's usually on that green Les Paul the majority of the time. Seen him play at least 5 different Gibsons, from a sunburst to an old lookin hollow body. Great sound coming outta those old guit-fiddles...!

Just one guys opinion :thumbsup:

Go team Carl !!!
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

jacketfan127

Really? That's awesome. Last time I saw them Carl played two Les Pauls and a Duesenberg. I think that great sound has something to do with his magic fingers as well :thumbsup:.

tippitoes22

YES!!!!
Carl rules. Jim's the meat and potatoes & Carls the GRAVY. Otherwise it'd just be meat an potatoes. WHICH I LOVE. But Carl's that magical sound holding everything together. Rock-n-roll glue. Soo much color and texture. Wouldn't be the same w/out him  :thumbsup:

Just one guys opinion :thumbsup:

Go team Carl!!!

PS Even Jim can't hit that "Setting Sun" high note during Victory Dance.That's some Ella Fitzgerald shattering a glass shit :)
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

millerjustin

I'm loving Jim's new big rig (as I call it)  looks like he played it a lot last year and it serves as the tone for basement tapes and the new album (he played it on all 3 new songs at OBH, most hauntingly on Only Memories).

Adam of WOD plays a similar guitar, but thinner - any info on this guitar would be greatly enjoyed.....
What's in here won't disappear

Crispy

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 17, 2015, 10:31 AM
I'm loving Jim's new big rig (as I call it)  looks like he played it a lot last year and it serves as the tone for basement tapes and the new album (he played it on all 3 new songs at OBH, most hauntingly on Only Memories).

Adam of WOD plays a similar guitar, but thinner - any info on this guitar would be greatly enjoyed.....

Are you talking about this beautiful thing? That's a Gibson Barney Kessel,  I don't know what year and I'm guessing it's a Custom, but they were made between 1961 and 1974, I think.

More info: http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/gibson-and-barney-kessel-1

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

millerjustin

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 18, 2015, 04:38 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 17, 2015, 10:31 AM

Are you talking about this beautiful thing? That's a Gibson Barney Kessel,  I don't know what year and I'm guessing it's a Custom, but they were made between 1961 and 1974, I think.

More info: http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/gibson-and-barney-kessel-1

Thanks Crispy!!!  exactly what the Dr. ordered - love that guitar!!
What's in here won't disappear