The Waterfall (Deluxe) by My Morning Jacket
https://itun.es/us/wQiP5

LB

no you never gotta fight with me

highwaytothedangerzone

Over 7 minute "Only Memories Remain"  :cheesy:....HECK YEAAAAA
What's in Here won't disappear

CHIMMJFAN

I might be delirious with all the new MMJ music coming out but I really think "Only Memories Remain" might be the best song they have released in a long time. Plus we get Jim's demo on the album too!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Brother Beck

When you look at the pre-orders on their official webstore, on the deluxe CD version there is an 11th track called "Silence"...  Does anyone know if this is an actual song, or something more like "Good Intentions" on Evil Urges? 

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: Brother Beck on Mar 03, 2015, 01:29 AM
When you look at the pre-orders on their official webstore, on the deluxe CD version there is an 11th track called "Silence"...  Does anyone know if this is an actual song, or something more like "Good Intentions" on Evil Urges?

I was just about to post about that too, not sure if that is a track only available if purchased off of MMJ website under the deluxe cd, either way I'm curious why that wouldn't be included on iTunes deluxe cd also?

CHIMMJFAN

buymycar

That die-cut box cover looks awesome. And a puzzle, too!  :cheesy:

dmooney99

I'm guessing the 4 tracks at the bottom are bonus tracks?

Weird when i went to wikipedia's webpage and clicked on the Waterfall page it took me to a Turkish film from 2001 of the same name  :grin:

parkervb

the tracklisting seems to indicate a theme or dare I say, concept. 
Don't you ever turn it off

ditty

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 03, 2015, 09:33 AM

http://pitchfork.com/news/58618-my-morning-jacket-announce-new-album-the-waterfall-share-big-decisions/

The Waterfall was recorded with Tucker Martine (who also worked on Circuital). In a press release, frontman Jim James talked about the album's themes:

"What fused this record is, I feel like it's a weird turning point for the universe. I feel like so many people I know are getting divorced or having kids. There's so much change going on and I feel like, for me, that one chapter has ended. And if you're looking at a book, there's a hand flipping the page up and it's in between the chapter you just finished and the one that's getting ready to start. That's kind of the sound of this record, and my life, the sound of the page turning and not being sure what's coming next."
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

parkervb

Quote from: ditty on Mar 03, 2015, 09:36 AM

http://pitchfork.com/news/58618-my-morning-jacket-announce-new-album-the-waterfall-share-big-decisions/

The Waterfall was recorded with Tucker Martine (who also worked on Circuital). In a press release, frontman Jim James talked about the album's themes:

"What fused this record is, I feel like it's a weird turning point for the universe. I feel like so many people I know are getting divorced or having kids. There's so much change going on and I feel like, for me, that one chapter has ended. And if you're looking at a book, there's a hand flipping the page up and it's in between the chapter you just finished and the one that's getting ready to start. That's kind of the sound of this record, and my life, the sound of the page turning and not being sure what's coming next."

thanks ditty.  This record comes about a week before my son will be born so I expect this album will be very special for me. 

searchinbig

Okay so I opted for the Limited Deluxe and the Deluxe cd. I don't need another t shirt and the wall hanging looks real cool but I figured I would get the cd instead for around the same money as the Deluxe Bundle, hopefully for that bonus track!  :cheesy:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 03, 2015, 09:39 AM

thanks ditty.  This record comes about a week before my son will be born so I expect this album will be very special for me.

Wow congrats parkervb! Perfect timing.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

BigHerm

Haven't seen this here but apparently I Can't Wait is a song they were playing around 2004? I've never heard it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parkervb

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Mar 03, 2015, 11:26 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Mar 03, 2015, 09:39 AM

Wow congrats parkervb! Perfect timing.

thanks! it's crazy exciting.

Stevie

Not only is Only Memories over 7 min, but we have a 6 min song and 4 other songs that are either at, over, or within a few seconds of being 5 minutes long.

Good stuff.

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: Stevie on Mar 03, 2015, 01:34 PM
Not only is Only Memories over 7 min, but we have a 6 min song and 4 other songs that are either at, over, or within a few seconds of being 5 minutes long.

Good stuff.

Yeah I'm really excited about the length of some of the songs! I just need to find out what this "Silence" song is or isn't? lol

CHIMMJFAN

justbcuzido

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Mar 03, 2015, 01:50 PM

Good stuff.

Yeah I'm really excited about the length of some of the songs! I just need to find out what this "Silence" song is or isn't? lol

CHIMMJFAN

As someone posted elsewhere, I imagine "silence" is literally just silence. It's purpose is to separate the true album tracks from the deluxe bonus songs.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Taterbug

The " Silence" track is the audio from the NFF staring contest  :cheesy:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: justbcuzido on Mar 03, 2015, 02:58 PM
Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Mar 03, 2015, 01:50 PM

Good stuff.

CHIMMJFAN

As someone posted elsewhere, I imagine "silence" is literally just silence. It's purpose is to separate the true album tracks from the deluxe bonus songs.

Ahh how did I miss that? Makes sense! Thank you!

CHIMMJFN