Roll Call for Athens, GA - The Georgia Theater

Started by Fully, Mar 03, 2015, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Quote from: NSLrecordings on May 17, 2015, 11:43 AM
Quote from: ericm on May 16, 2015, 07:41 PM
Who has a pic of the poster from last night?

I still haven't seen one either.

And wow!  My recording nearly hit 1,000 downloads in a day.  Never had one get that many in a day before!  Glad it turned out good!

It turned out ways better than good.  Thank you!!

Fully

Actually the Tshirts were an improvement. I've christened that poster as The Fortress of Solitude for obvious reasons. I had hoped for a more badass poster for the first show,  but what are you going to do about it ::)

werduga

I had a GREAT time at the show last Friday ( I was hoping for 3 or so more songs, but I'm greedy!) We got great rail spots behind VIP where it turns out that Patterson Hood of DBT would stand right in front us. His hat is just about every pic I took.  I thought the new songs sounded great and I was eager to hear them play them live, moreso then when EU and Circuital came out.   The poster was the most disappointing aspect of the evening, although I did buy one and would buy whatever they printed. I'm just a big fan of the art that Justin from Status Serigraph produces (the Knoxville poster is dope!!) and I thought the shirts looked good.  The waterfall/mountain/mushroom? is a pretty sweet shirt in my opinion.  Jim did look a little more subdued than normal, but both he and the band sounded right on point. Imagine how good the new album will sound by the time they play the Fox in August.  The encore of Tropics>Spring>PWW>OBH was by far the high point for me. Tropics was on another level and I can't wait to hear it again. Hearing OBH start is so bittersweet knowing its all about to be over, so  it's good to see they aren't going to  close with it every single show this tour.  The Ga Theatre and the city of Athens never disappoints! I hope it's not 8 years until they play there again...

NSLrecordings

Pretty sure the entire Drive By Truckers band was in the VIP booth.  Spoke briefly with the bassist before the show and they mentioned flying out to Hangout fest after the show was over. 
[url="//www.facebook.com/nslmedia"]www.facebook.com/nslmedia[/url] / [url="//www.nslmedia.net"]www.nslmedia.net[/url]

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"