XPN Fest Philly/Camden NJ

Started by subinai, Mar 16, 2015, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

http://mymorningjacket.com/events/324393

St Vincent opening.

sooo chance they are playing either Friday or Sunday at NFF?

63schoefflin

ericm

Quote from: subinai on Mar 16, 2015, 12:20 PM

St Vincent opening.

Sunday is MPP.
"Where's Jim going?"

subinai

Quote from: ericm on Mar 16, 2015, 12:34 PM
Quote from: subinai on Mar 16, 2015, 12:20 PM

St Vincent opening.

Sunday is MPP.

oh woops. thank you!

Mahgeetah34

This show is a winner! St. Vincent is easily the best opener of the entire tour  :smiley:

ericm

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Mar 16, 2015, 12:40 PM
This show is a winner! St. Vincent is easily the best opener of the entire tour  :smiley:

Jason Isbell the next night is right up there,IMO. These two openers back to back will be a real treat.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

subinai

Quote from: ericm on Mar 16, 2015, 12:45 PM
Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Mar 16, 2015, 12:40 PM

Jason Isbell the next night is right up there,IMO. These two openers back to back will be a real treat.  :thumbsup:

seriously. that is a great 1,2.

can't wait for a proper NYC show to be announced

JerseyDan

I think we should all take into account that this is a festival that MMJ is headlining, its a full day of music with 10+ other bands on 2 other stages and I don't believe they'll play more than 90 minutes (of course hoping for more).

ericm

Quote from: JerseyDan on Mar 16, 2015, 12:49 PM
I think we should all take into account that this is a festival that MMJ is headlining, its a full day of music with 10+ other bands on 2 other stages and I don't believe they'll play more than 90 minutes (of course hoping for more).

Is that right? It's listed on the LN site as just an MMJ show w St. Vincent opening. Is it possible it's sponsored by XPN and the rest of the fest is across the street similar to last year with the Ameicanarama show?
"Where's Jim going?"

JerseyDan

Its exactly like AmericanaramA. You can buy a ticket for just the fest, just the MMJ/St Vincent part, or a combo that gets you the fest & a lawn for 2 headliners.

that said, last year both Ryan Adams and Beck played shorter than headline sets. both very nice length but when Ryan came back a few months later he played significantly longer. MMJ could do the full shibang, but I just want to give people a heads-up!

joey_rogo

I'm tempted but would really like to know if it is a full set or not. Saw Iron Maiden here and was freaking out because I almost missed the last ferry back to Philly.

ericm

Quote from: JerseyDan on Mar 16, 2015, 12:58 PM
Its exactly like AmericanaramA. You can buy a ticket for just the fest, just the MMJ/St Vincent part, or a combo that gets you the fest & a lawn for 2 headliners.

that said, last year both Ryan Adams and Beck played shorter than headline sets. both very nice length but when Ryan came back a few months later he played significantly longer. MMJ could do the full shibang, but I just want to give people a heads-up!

So the bulk of the fest is across the street, with only  Stl Vincent,and MMJ at the Amp? That's  the way I'm thinking, and based on the LN page it seems this is a headlining gig, but I could be wrong.
"Where's Jim going?"

Vitz

I agree that it will probably be a festival length headlining set, not a full show. 

Vitz

There's usually a  third band on a side stage inside the amphitheater during the stage turnover.  The festival is broadcast live on the radio all weekend, and its staggered so that there's always one act playing live at any given time.

JerseyDan

let me ask my reliable local sources on the inside for info and i'll follow up with everyone

JerseyDan

ok kids, here is the scoop from a very reliable source:

MMJ is playing a FULL HEADLINING SET!
St. Vincent is playing a "longer than opening act" SET!

WE HAVE HIT THE JACKPOT PHILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cheesy:

joey_rogo

Well. I might have to do this.

Stevie

Quote from: JerseyDan on Mar 16, 2015, 12:58 PM

LOL.. that's not at all how Americanarama was set up.  You bought one ticket to get in and they had 1. Revolving Opener 2. MMJ 3. Wilco 4. Dylan in succession on the same stage. 

JerseyDan

STEVIE >>>>>>>>>>>>
the ticketing is the same as the AmericanaramA show was the feature in the Susquehanna Bank Center. it was part of the XPoNential Fest just like this is. You could (and can) buy a combo ticket for the bigger fest & Susquehanna Bank Cnter , just Susquehanna Bank Center portion or just the Wiggins Park portion.

******Difference is MMJ is full headliner, St. Vincent playing a long set too**********

Here are the details from the source:

http://www.xpn.org/xponential-music-festival

the FAQ says it all:

What is the XPoNential Music Festival and what is the connection with the shows at Susquehanna Bank Center on July 25 and July 26?

The XPoNential Music Festival presented by Subaru now in its 11th year at Wiggins Park on the Camden Waterfront, regularly features an eclectic lineup of established stars and emerging artists on two stages over three days. As we've done for the last three years, we're excited to expand our festival grounds into the Susquehanna Bank Center as part of the festival. Every XPoNential Music Festival 3-Day Go Everywhere Pass-holder will have access to the LAWN AREA for the My Morning Jacket/St. Vincent show on Saturday, July 25 and show on July 26 (artists TBA).

APR

Quote from: JerseyDan on Mar 16, 2015, 01:57 PM
ok kids, here is the scoop from a very reliable source:

MMJ is playing a FULL HEADLINING SET!
St. Vincent is playing a "longer than opening act" SET!

WE HAVE HIT THE JACKPOT PHILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cheesy:

Thanks for the details.  Very tempting.