XPN Fest Philly/Camden NJ

Started by subinai, Mar 16, 2015, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitz

"Full headlining set" still sounds like it could be a festival headlining set, as opposed to a stand alone MMJ show.  "headlining" is a festival term after all, they are headlining a festival.  I don't know, its just semantics, hope you are right and we get a full show. 

Angelo

I saw Wilco headline this 3 years ago and we got a 90 minute set. Ghosts saw RA last year and he too got a 90 minute set. What makes this year's event so special? How do we know XPN doesn't consider 90 minutes to be a full headlining set?

Vitz

And "St. Vincent is playing a "longer than opening act" SET" lends even more credence to the fact that we will be getting a festival length set.  If she's playing longer than a usual opening act, who's time do you think that eats into?  And like I said previous, based on past years, there will be a small act between St. Vincent and MMJ on a side stage.  There's only so much time.

Vitz

Quote from: Angelo on Mar 16, 2015, 03:27 PM
I saw Wilco headline this 3 years ago and we got a 90 minute set. Ghosts saw RA last year and he too got a 90 minute set. What makes this year's event so special? How do we know XPN doesn't consider 90 minutes to be a full headlining set?

this, exactly

justbcuzido

Quote from: Vitz on Mar 16, 2015, 03:28 PM

this, exactly

What makes it so special is that it's My Morning Jacket.. Obviously... I agree it will probably wind up being 90 minutes. I think we are all just super excited.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

JerseyDan

I have it confirmed from a strong authority from the inside that this is a full HEADLINING set. The real fucking deal.  MMJ new once again giving us the maximum fun possible  :cheesy:

Sassbox

Quote from: Stevie on Mar 16, 2015, 02:20 PM
Quote from: JerseyDan on Mar 16, 2015, 12:58 PM
Its exactly like AmericanaramA. You can buy a ticket for just the fest, just the MMJ/St Vincent part, or a combo that gets you the fest & a lawn for 2 headliners.

LOL.. that's not at all how Americanarama was set up.  You bought one ticket to get in and they had 1. Revolving Opener 2. MMJ 3. Wilco 4. Dylan in succession on the same stage.
Wasn't the Camden Americanarama set part of XPN? I think that's what JerseyDan meant.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

ericm

Well I'm leaning towards a full set because of how it's listed on the LN page I saw. No mention of the fest, just MMJ with St.Vincent supporting. It looks just like any other headline show that LN/TM lists.

That might not mean anything at all but it sure looks to me like a MMJ standard show listing, and leads me to think it'll be a normal full show
"Where's Jim going?"

Angelo

Tickets are $81 after fees. Ouch. Sorry if I've become the party pooper of the thread. I don't mean to be.

ericm

Quote from: Angelo on Mar 16, 2015, 05:25 PM
Tickets are $81 after fees. Ouch. Sorry if I've become the party pooper of the thread. I don't mean to be.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. 1st a ball buster then a party pooper! What's next? Setlist spoiler?  :wink:

You know I'm just bustin balls,   :grin: and hope to see you guys in Camden. A nice twofer with MPP the next day.

"Where's Jim going?"

dmooney99

I hate Camden  :angry: I'll wait til they play in philly.  Two other reasons i'll be skipping this show, one yeah tix are pretty expensive and the other is i'm seeing Interpol that night.  Sorry.

Vitz

What is a "full set" or "full headlining set"?  Headlining is a festival term.  Those of us who have been to this festival previously know that the headliner hasn't gotten a time slot commensurate with a 2 and a half hour stand-alone MMJ show.  And that livenation/TM sells tickets separately per usual, while a festival ticket comes with a lawn seat for the evening show.  I hope you guys are right, but a "full headlining set" doesn't necessarily mean to me what it means to some of you.

ericm

No mention here of this show being part of the XPN Fest. While tix might very well be available to fest goers, I would think if they were headlining the fest it would be listed as so. This looks to me like any other stand alone concert listing.

Was the AmericanaramA stop there part of the fest or just a stand alone show? MMJ,and Wilco had the same set that night time wise as other AmericanaramA shows, as did Dylan who headlined the show.

http://www.livenation.com/events/450013-jul-25-2015-my-morning-jacket
"Where's Jim going?"

Angelo

Quote from: ericm on Mar 16, 2015, 05:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on Mar 16, 2015, 05:25 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah. 1st a ball buster then a party pooper! What's next? Setlist spoiler?  :wink:

You know I'm just bustin balls,   :grin: and hope to see you guys in Camden. A nice twofer with MPP the next day.
I most definitely am the first one, sometimes the second, but NEVER the third! No spoilers for me, thank you.  :smiley:

JerseyDan

CAN WE ALL JUST TAKE A SECOND AND CHILL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

MMJ is playing their FULL SHOW, which will be the same performance length as any other date on their calendar...same length as Merriweather, Red Rocks, etc.

No short cuts, no speculation, no "it reads like this" or "it reads like that", this is the REAL FUCKING DEAL. This is confirmed with good authority. I've been in this business for 16 years and this is my livelihood, I would not post here with speculation, only FACTS.

Jimsfurryboots

I'll also be doing the full MMJ weekend in Camden/MPP! I was hoping for a legit NYC/Philly show, and I bought governor's ball tickets for Friday mainly for MMJ and St Vincent, but now I get double of both!

ericm

Quote from: JerseyDan on Mar 16, 2015, 09:34 PM
CAN WE ALL JUST TAKE A SECOND AND CHILL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

MMJ is playing their FULL SHOW, which will be the same performance length as any other date on their calendar...same length as Merriweather, Red Rocks, etc.

No short cuts, no speculation, no "it reads like this" or "it reads like that", this is the REAL FUCKING DEAL. This is confirmed with good authority. I've been in this business for 16 years and this is my livelihood, I would not post here with speculation, only FACTS.

Deep breaths man, deep breaths.   You seem to be the only one here yelling, and might be in need of following your own advice.  :wink:

For the record I was agreeing with you on it being the same MMJ full  length show as MPP and others, and  only posted the LN link, and how it read to me as confirmation that it looked like it was being billed as a normal MMJ show.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

Sassbox

Quote from: ericm on Mar 16, 2015, 07:54 PM
No mention here of this show being part of the XPN Fest. While tix might very well be available to fest goers, I would think if they were headlining the fest it would be listed as so. This looks to me like any other stand alone concert listing.

Was the AmericanaramA stop there part of the fest or just a stand alone show? MMJ,and Wilco had the same set that night time wise as other AmericanaramA shows, as did Dylan who headlined the show.

The FB announcement and promo material have it billed as Ryan Adams was billed last year, fwiw.

I'm not going to come up for this, so I'll see some of y'all at MPP!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Vitz

Quote from: ericm on Mar 16, 2015, 07:54 PM

They are listed as the headlining act of the Xponential festival on this here website, the same website as this very forum that you posted this comment on.

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/events