Main Menu

MLB 2015

Started by armando, Mar 27, 2015, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come Closer

The O's are toast me thinks. They don't have the pitching and hitting is all or nothing. Too many teams to leapfrog.

Crispy

Quote from: Osistheones on Aug 22, 2017, 03:17 PM
The O's are toast me thinks. They don't have the pitching and hitting is all or nothing. Too many teams to leapfrog.

For sure, the O's are not the ones that are real.  :grin:  They're amongst the five worst pitching staffs in baseball, and that won't get them far even if they do get the wildcard by some miracle..
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

ms. yvon

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 22, 2017, 03:31 PM
the O's are not the ones that are real.  :grin: 

BAM!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

also, this Stanton run is happening.  number 51 tonight!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Crispy

Quote from: ms. yvon on Aug 30, 2017, 12:31 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Aug 22, 2017, 03:31 PM
the O's are not the ones that are real.  :grin: 

BAM!

This can't be the first time that joke has been made here, is it?

:drum:

Also, Stanton -- very time I see that name, I think of this:

ericm

Baby Bombers having a helluva fun post season run!

Gotta love Jersey Boy Todd Frazier being right in the middle of it all too.   :cool:   Crazy to think I saw that kid play in Little League, and watched him carry his team to a LL World Series title. Now here he is with the same little kid enthusiasm but on the biggest level, coming through in the clutch just like he did at 12 years old.     :thumbsup:

"Where's Jim going?"

parkervb

i hate that this Yankees team is so likeable. I adopted the Stros for my post season since they have a pair of former Braves catching and an Old Dominion guy (Verlander).

Don't you ever turn it off

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 18, 2017, 01:45 PM
i hate that this Yankees team is so likeable.

I've heard that from a lot of my friends who are Yankee haters.  :grin:

I'm a Yankee fan through and through but I adopted the Stros about 15 years ago as a team I root for. One of my clients played for them for years and was recently inducted into the HOF. A really great guy and wonderful family who treated me fantastic. I've been rooting for them ever since and  he's still involved in the organization, so if my Yanks aren't in it, I'm pulling for them. (Obviously not this series though  :wink:)

"Where's Jim going?"

parkervb

it's just crazy that the post-Jeter/ARod "rebuild" was like a season and half. The core is crazy young and the players they got in deals last year haven't even made it up. Gleyber Torres was top prospect in baseball until he had to get Tommy John or he would have been on the 40 man roster for sure. Great crowds for these games has made it fun to watch.

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 19, 2017, 09:08 AM
it's just crazy that the post-Jeter/ARod "rebuild" was like a season and half. The core is crazy young and the players they got in deals last year haven't even made it up. Gleyber Torres was top prospect in baseball until he had to get Tommy John or he would have been on the 40 man roster for sure. Great crowds for these games has made it fun to watch.

Those prime seats behind the catcher tend to be pretty empty at Yankee Stadium.  I'm not surprised Marlin Man has been in Chicago instead of NY.

parkervb

Quote from: APR on Oct 19, 2017, 11:55 AM

Those prime seats behind the catcher tend to be pretty empty at Yankee Stadium.  I'm not surprised Marlin Man has been in Chicago instead of NY.

there's a few empty seats but overall the crowd has been up and loud at the right times whereas the fans in Houston remain seated when there's 2 out and 2 strikes w/ their pitcher on the mound. And it just seems louder than any other crowd this postseason.

Crispy

Quote from: ericm on Oct 18, 2017, 05:20 PM

The struggle is real.  :tongue:

ericm

Quote from: APR on Oct 19, 2017, 11:55 AM

They're sold, but the thing with those seats is they come with club entry. Pretty much everything you could ever want to eat or drink is included in the cost of the seat. There's a bunch of big TV's in the club under the stands there so a lot of the people paying big bucks for those seats are getting their fill of prime rib,sushi, lobster, king crab legs, and Grey Goose!

You'll see those seats almost always empty in the heat of the summer as they'd rather sit in the cool AC, stuff their bellies, and drink away than sit out in the heat. There's also waiter/waitress service to those seats.

I guess if I was paying a grand + per ticket I'd be sure and eat like a king as well but I'd sure as shit do it early and be out in my seat for a playoff game!  :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 19, 2017, 05:18 PM

Yeah, sorry man but I do not feel your pain or sympathize with ya.  :evil:  Just cave in already and join the fun. Plenty of room on the Baby Bomber Bandwagon but get on board soon as it's filling up.    :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

Crispy

Quote from: ericm on Oct 19, 2017, 06:17 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Oct 19, 2017, 05:18 PM

Yeah, sorry man but I do not feel your pain or sympathize with ya.  :evil:  Just cave in already and join the fun. Plenty of room on the Baby Bomber Bandwagon but get on board soon as it's filling up.    :wink:

HA! Though it would be pretty cool to see a Yankees/Dodgers series again.  :bath:

iLikeBeer

Sorry, but 27 WS Titles makes it easy for me to continue hating the Yankees no matter who is on their roster.  Oh and the fact that they most likely will be outbidding everyone for the services of Bryce Harper next season will make the rest of you fooled into thinking they are likeable to remember why we all hate the Yankees...   :tongue:   Sorry Eric!   :beer:

Btw, fun fact regarding the Yankees and their payroll.  Had they made it to the WS this year, it would have been the first time the Yankees made the WS as the lower payroll since 1976.  :shocked:  With the spending the Yankees are likely to do in the offseason, that stat looks to remain intact if they do indeed make it back to the WS next year. 

PS, why did they part ways with Girardi?  Who are they going to replace him with?  ARod???   :grin:

ericm

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Oct 27, 2017, 05:07 PM

Sorry, but 27 WS Titles makes it easy for me to continue hating the Yankees no matter who is on their roster.  Oh and the fact that they most likely will be outbidding everyone for the services of Bryce Harper next season will make the rest of you fooled into thinking they are likeable to remember why we all hate the Yankees...   :tongue:   Sorry Eric!   :beer:

Btw, fun fact regarding the Yankees and their payroll.  Had they made it to the WS this year, it would have been the first time the Yankees made the WS as the lower payroll since 1976.  :shocked:  With the spending the Yankees are likely to do in the offseason, that stat looks to remain intact if they do indeed make it back to the WS next year. 

PS, why did they part ways with Girardi?  Who are they going to replace him with?  ARod???   :grin:

It's all good man, I get it.

I will say though this looks and sounds like the new Yankees. Word is they're gonna keep their spending down, at least next year in hopes of getting under the payroll tax threshold. Seems as though  there's a lot of benefits/flexibility that comes with that in addition to the obvious cash savings.

They'll be able to go hard after whoever they need/want in 18 if they do get that flexibility but I don't think Harper is in their sights. The young guys they have now have put fannies in the seats so I don't think they'll need Harper for that like they did with ARod.

As far a Girardi goes, I wish they would've kept him. Seems as though they want a different voice after ten years, but I think they want more of a "yes" man. Someone they can dictate to. I don't know who they'll end up with but no way in hell they want anything to do with ARod in the manager's chair.  :grin:

"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

What a game 5. That was an emotional rollercoaster  :cheesy: :cheesy: :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on Oct 30, 2017, 01:50 AM
What a game 5. That was an emotional rollercoaster  :cheesy: :cheesy: :beer:

An instant classic.  The type of game you might expect when both teams are pitching their number four or five starters but certainly not when their aces, and two of the best in the game are on the hill.  :shocked:

"Where's Jim going?"

iLikeBeer

This WS has been unbelievable!  I thought Game 2 was crazy and then they go and have an even wilder Game 5???   :cheesy:

Altuve is one of the best hitters I have seen IMHO.  How do you pitch to that guy??? 

Can't wait to see what Game 6 has in store for us!!!