Main Menu

MLB 2015

Started by armando, Mar 27, 2015, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armando

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 29, 2015, 04:56 PM

I watched the first couple of innings of that game. Bizarre with no crowd.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jackets N Pones

Went to watch the first place Astros in action last night. Jose Altuve with the walk-off in the 10th! This dude is 5'-5" and UNSTOPPABLE!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: armando on Apr 30, 2015, 07:50 AM
Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 29, 2015, 04:56 PM

I watched the first couple of innings of that game. Bizarre with no crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72dxSi8yK54

commentator using "his master's voice"

MMJ forum PUN

BH

All is right in the baseball world. :thumbsup:

St. Louis Cardinals    18   6   .750         -   
Chicago Cubs           13   10   .565       4.5   
Cincinnati Reds        12   13   .480       6.5   
Pittsburgh Pirates    12   13   .480       6.5   
Milwaukee Brewers    7   18   .280      11.5
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

FiddleCastro

first-place Astros  :cool:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Jackets N Pones

armando

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jun 29, 2015, 04:11 PM
first-place Astros  :cool:

Sitting up there with the most wins in the AL right now, too. Enjoy.

Murph

Chris Sale's streak of 8 straight starts with 10+ K's is one of the more impressive feats I can remember...

armando

So yeah we're 35-50 and Stanton is out for a few more weeks, but 3 things:
1. Dee Gordon is an All Star (Stanton, too)
2. Stanton still leads in HRs even after being on the DL for the last 2 weeks
3. Jose Fernandez is back!

Jackets N Pones

parkervb

i've been following baseball for as long as I can remember and I have never seen a crazier scene than last night. So awesome. Also #teambatflip
Don't you ever turn it off

iLikeBeer

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 15, 2015, 03:22 PM
i've been following baseball for as long as I can remember and I have never seen a crazier scene than last night. So awesome. Also #teambatflip

That was one crazy inning indeed!  I get so sick of so called baseball purists that get their panties all in a wad when ever someone flips their bat as if they are showing up the opposing pitcher!  This is playoff baseball and emotions run high!  So what if Bautista maybe went a little overboard?!  His team had been on the brink of elimination for three straight games and he just crushed what ended up being a series clinching homerun after a very tense top half of an inning that saw his team fall behind on a questionable call.  What do you expect him to do?

In other news, my Cubbies are now playing with house money as far as I'm concerned.  After years of watching the Cards win and win some more and do so at the expense of the Cubs many times, what more could a Cubs fan ask than to knock them out of the post season after they came into the post season with the best record in all of baseball???  And to clinch the series for the first time ever at Wrigley?  Man did I wish I was there for that!  Now on to the Mets in what I think will be a very tough series.  The Mets have some serious arms on that staff but the Cubs are really swinging their bats well so this NLCS should be a doozy!  It sure would be a trip if the Cubbies could fulfill the Back To The Future II prophesy that the Cubs finally win a World Series in 2015 though!!!   :thumbsup:   :beer:

Jaimoe

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Oct 16, 2015, 04:51 PM

That was one crazy inning indeed!  I get so sick of so called baseball purists that get their panties all in a wad when ever someone flips their bat as if they are showing up the opposing pitcher!  This is playoff baseball and emotions run high!  So what if Bautista maybe went a little overboard?!  His team had been on the brink of elimination for three straight games and he just crushed what ended up being a series clinching homerun after a very tense top half of an inning that saw his team fall behind on a questionable call.  What do you expect him to do?

In other news, my Cubbies are now playing with house money as far as I'm concerned.  After years of watching the Cards win and win some more and do so at the expense of the Cubs many times, what more could a Cubs fan ask than to knock them out of the post season after they came into the post season with the best record in all of baseball???  And to clinch the series for the first time ever at Wrigley?  Man did I wish I was there for that!  Now on to the Mets in what I think will be a very tough series.  The Mets have some serious arms on that staff but the Cubs are really swinging their bats well so this NLCS should be a doozy!  It sure would be a trip if the Cubbies could fulfill the Back To The Future II prophesy that the Cubs finally win a World Series in 2015 though!!!   :thumbsup:   :beer:

Joey Bats's  bat-flip was nothing more than getting caught up in the heat of the crazy moment. My favourite sports team on the planet hasn't been to the playoffs in 22-years and my whole country has suffered with the Jays organization through this long drought. The Jays aren't just Toronto's team, they are Canada's team. No other pro team unites the country, even the Raptors. There are regional pockets of fans that support other teams (Southern Ontario has lots of Detroit Tigers supporters, the East Coast provinces have ties to the Yankees and Red Sox, etc.), but basically Canada is all Blue Jays; hockey teams don't have the cross-country support (the Leafs probably have the most fans across the country, but are also equally hated).

Go Cubs and Mets (I like them both)!

Murph

I can't wait to get this going tonight. I'm expecting a gem from Harvey.  Now if we can just get Wright and Duda out of their slumps, watch out!  God I love this team

headhunter

Quote from: Murph on Oct 17, 2015, 10:17 AM

I can't wait to get this going tonight. I'm expecting a gem from Harvey.  Now if we can just get Wright and Duda out of their slumps, watch out!  God I love this team

Agreed!   I'll be at Citifield tonight.  Let's Go Met's!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Murph

I still cant believe this... and how about, my boy, MURPH!!

headhunter

Quote from: Murph on Oct 22, 2015, 09:53 AM

:)   :)    :)      LGM!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Murph on Oct 22, 2015, 09:53 AM

Hats off to your boy Murph!  Dude is on a serious tear right now!  And the Mets starters were just flat out dominating.

I think the youth of the Cubs finally showed and the pressure caught up to them.  I have to say, overall I am very happy with where the Cubs ended up this season.  As I stated prior to the start of the NLCS, this was like they were playing with house money as far as I'm concerned because no one expected this team to go this far this soon!  The fact that all of these rookies can now take this valuable post season experience and learn from it and hopefully come back even better and ready to make a run for it all next season!

Jackets N Pones

This has been a fun Instagram follow this year. Not a Mets fan but I will be pulling for the Mets in the series just because of the Duda-man.

https://instagram.com/wefollowlucasduda/

Murph

I've been waiting 15 years for another chance to watch this game. KC definitely scares me much more than the Blue Jays would have, but fuck it... LGM!!