• Welcome to My Morning Jacket Forum. Please login or sign up.
May 12, 2021, 04:51 PM

New Madrid

Started by johnnYYac, Apr 05, 2015, 01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osistheones

Was fortunate enough to hear the new LP early and it delivers. I'm in the camp that loved Yardboat, but wasn't huge on Sunswimmer. A return to form for me.

werduga

Quote from: Osistheones on Mar 07, 2016, 08:13 PM
Was fortunate enough to hear the new LP early and it delivers. I'm in the camp that loved Yardboat, but wasn't huge on Sunswimmer. A return to form for me.

Want to share where others could listen? They are one of my favorite bands and I definitely agree Yardboat in the jam! The live album, Dawnteeth, is also worth some spins.

wheelhousetunes

I was told they were planning on re-pressing the Yardboat cd. Anyone know anything further about that?

I'm in the camp where I really like to have a physical copy of the tunes, so this would be cool. Extra cool if they included the Ghosts & Fire EP as bonus tracks!!  :thumbsup:

werduga

Hopefully they press some Vinyl of Yardboat!

johnnYYac

Close enough!

johnnYYac

New Madrid 2016 Tour Dates:
04/22 – Albany, NY @ MOVE Music Fest
04/23 – Kingston, NY @ BSP Kingston
04/27 – Asheville, NC @ Isis Restaurant & Music Hall
04/28 – Nashville, TN @ The Basement East
05/02 – Athens, GA @ Caledonia Lounge
05/11 – Washington, DC @ Songbyrd Music House
05/12 – Baltimore, MD @ Metro Gallery
05/13 – New York, NY @ The Studio at Webster Hall –
05/15 – Allston, MA @ Great Scott
05/19 – Philadelphia, PA @ Ortlieb's
05/21 – Rehoboth Beach, DE @ Dogfish Head Brewpub
Close enough!

werduga

Their new album is out on Friday! Go pick it up as I think it will be better received than Sunswimmer in my opinion and you get a free "Live in London" download card as long as you buy at your independent record store.

wheelhousetunes

Quote from: werduga on Apr 27, 2016, 10:48 PM
Their new album is out on Friday! Go pick it up as I think it will be better received than Sunswimmer in my opinion and you get a free "Live in London" download card as long as you buy at your independent record store.

I went to two different indie stores in Seattle and neither had the download card. Anyone have any better luck?

johnnYYac

I got my vinyl copy today via Amazon, with download card inside, but stuck within the lyric sheet. 
Close enough!

Osistheones

^ yup mine showed up today as well.

Jackets N Pones

Yardboat is tight
There's still time

davymac

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Sep 06, 2020, 04:23 PMYardboat is tight

It is a solid album!  Wonder what these guys are up to (outside of Covid life).  Anyone heard if they're working on a new album? Been quiet for a few years now...

Osistheones

Quote from: davymac on Sep 08, 2020, 06:54 AM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Sep 06, 2020, 04:23 PMYardboat is tight

It is a solid album!  Wonder what these guys are up to (outside of Covid life).  Anyone heard if they're working on a new album? Been quiet for a few years now...
They've had a new LP in the bag for a while now. Apparently they shopped it around, but got no takers. So we'll see I guess.