Have you received your pre-ordered copy of The Waterfall yet?

Started by Mr. White, Apr 30, 2015, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotchishm

Just got tracking information. Supposed to arrive next Tuesday, May 12.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Derek713

Quote from: Terp02 on May 06, 2015, 08:37 AM
Quote from: mmjweeks on May 05, 2015, 01:06 PM
Quote from: mmjweeks on May 05, 2015, 11:13 AM
Quote from: MMJHQ on May 04, 2015, 03:09 PM
@mmjweeks @wamsankas try your download codes again. They should be working now. 

-MMJHQ

Download code now works.  Thanks MMJHQ

WAIT! I take that back.  There were no Bonus tracks available for download.  Per the Vinyl Order.........

Download card also includes:

Hillside Song
Compound Fracture "Miami Jungle Alt Version"
I Can't Wait
Only Memories Remain (Jim Demo)

These additional tracks were not available.

I got my vinyl (non-deluxe) on Monday and had this same issue. Also only 8/10 tracks downloaded properly. Support on the website and Gnarlywood were not helpful. Told me there couldn't do anything and to contact the company that did the download codes. However, I have no idea who they are! Anyway, I was able to get my hands on the digital versions.

On a whole other topic, does anyone else find it strange they decided to make the vinyl two 45s instead of a single 33? Is there a reason behind this?

I just read Jim say in an article that somebody just posted ----

"We do try to make the vinyl a really great experience. The last couple of records have been so close to being able to fit on one 33 1/3, but when I compare the sound quality of putting it on two records at 45, that just sounds so much better. It's the closest that somebody can get to actually being there — you know, actually hearing the songs."

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/music/my-morning-jacket-jim-james-on-the-waterfall/#ixzz3ZMeHB1Wh

ellisintransit

The wait:  Day 3.  It's going to be fun seeing how long it takes us to get our records.  :smiley:

Jamfish

kotchishm

I received mine last night. Pressing seems great thus far. No warping and sounds great.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

walterfredo

I suggest you support your local record store next time! 

ellisintransit

Quote from: walterfredo on May 08, 2015, 10:23 AM
I suggest you support your local record store next time!
:rolleyes:
Great idea!  Why didn't you say so earlier?  Let me roll on over to Grimey's and pick up that Hillside Song 45.

walterfredo

I guess there's that. Regardless, I'd rather support my local shop, and have it the day it's released than to pay for it weeks ahead of time, pay ridiculous money for shipping, and then still not have it days after the release. 

Mr. White

No.

Nothing.

Just a "promise" to have it to me on Friday, May 15th (11 days late).

This is Bullshit!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

DownInAHole

Has anyone in Canada received a shipping notification/tracking number yet? I tried contacting customer service but have still not heard anything from them.

Concerns

gluvmiller

Finally got mine Saturday. Damn that was a slow process. Loving the new record label  :beer:

Jamfish

searchinbig

Finally got shipping info. Should arrive by May 11.

Fully erect, no script needed. I really can't wait to hear this on vinyl.

Hopefully I'll have it for a Saturday evening listening party.  :beer:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

MACKEL

Quote from: Mr. White on May 11, 2015, 12:44 PM
Quote from: Jamfish on May 11, 2015, 10:13 AM
5-11-15
still no vinyl pkg...   :undecided:

Same here...nothing...

Add me to the sad boat of waiting....

This whole process has been such bullshit! I bought the deluxe vinyl package through Roll Call to SUPPORT THE BAND! Yes, I could have gone to a local record store and paid $30 for the album on release day, but I wanted to more directly SUPPORT THE BAND, not my local record shop.

MMJHQ: I don't know what you should do to remedy the situation, but I just really hope that you guys/gals whoever you are understand the pain that your most loyal fans/customers are going through. ShopFireBrand SUCKS. Ground ctrl SUCKS. Wonderful Union, can you guess it? THEY SUCK. The most loyal flag-waving MMJ fans who paid top dollar for this highly anticipated new album and merch are getting fucked by this horrible process and the only thing we can do is wait for "Carly" from shopfirebrand to say that it should ship soon... not cool.

Say what you will about ordering from amazon or buying from local record stores, but how the hell could we have known that this process would be such a cluster fuck?
Been lookin back, down through the ages; First I was an ancient, then I was an infant, now I'm ALIVE

APR

If the company cared about the fans who didn't receive their goods on time, and if they have hopes of successful sales in the future, they should provide a free poster or shirt from the upcoming tour merch and refund a percentage of the purchase price as a good faith gesture and apology.  That could smooth things over a little.   

GO4IT

I received my plain vinyl pre-order on Thurs evening but was on my way out for a long weekend and didn't get to listen until tonight.  The vinyl pressing is excellent, heavyweight and at 45rpm sounds pretty sweet.

littleacorn

Nada here pretty bummed. I had a great experience with the Circuital deluxe set this go around not so much...
mmj blew my brain to bits on 6-17-11,8-22-12, 6-11-15, 5-28-16, 5-29-16

MACKEL

I finally got shipment notification last night... get this: it was shipped UPS ground and won't be here until Friday! I swear that I paid for 2 day shipping. Can anyone else confirm how much they paid for 2-day? I paid $23.30 for shipping alone... what a ripoff.

First world problem: even if the vinyl arrives on Friday, I'll be in Athens all day waiting for the show so I won't get to listen to it!
Been lookin back, down through the ages; First I was an ancient, then I was an infant, now I'm ALIVE