Can we get a (legit) NYC Date?

Started by itrainmonkeys, May 07, 2015, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itrainmonkeys

I'm sure one is coming at some point but that's all I'm looking forward to.

I can't make it to the Friday of Governor's Ball and even if I did that, it wouldn't satisfy my urge to see a full Jacket set.

As of now the only time I'm planning to see them is at Bonnaroo. Hoping that changes some point soon.

Murph

I'm right there with you man.  I can't make any of the shows that would be feasible distance wise (Govs Ball, Boston Calling, Merriweather) except for mayyyybe Camden, but that's still a big if right now also.  I'm really holding out hope for another 3 night run at the Cap in the fall/winter, which I think is very likely, but we shall see. 

Jenfarr

Seriously!

Thank God I made plans for Boston Calling and Camden/MPP, because after the West Coast announcement, it probably means we won't get any NY shows until December at the earliest!  Bah!   :cry:

ericm

Quote from: Jenfarr on May 07, 2015, 03:23 PM
Seriously!

Thank God I made plans for Boston Calling and Camden/MPP, because after the West Coast announcement, it probably means we won't get any NY shows until December at the earliest!  Bah!   :cry:

I don't know about NYC but I heard several rumors of shows in Philly mid November. If that plays out, I'd imagine NYC has got to be in the mix around then too for at least 1 show.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

oistheone

Don't shoot the (possibly very ill-informed) messenger, but there are rumblings of a New Year's run at the Beacon. I know I've got my hotel booked.

Murph

Quote from: oistheone on May 07, 2015, 03:50 PM
Don't shoot the (possibly very ill-informed) messenger, but there are rumblings of a New Year's run at the Beacon. I know I've got my hotel booked.

God damn!!  That would be amazing...

SPRINGS

I'm calling Capitol Theater run over New Year's Eve. Id easily take that over beacon run.

ericm

Quote from: oistheone on May 07, 2015, 03:50 PM

Isn't that a Gov't Mule annual event there, or have they passed on this year? I haven't heard Mule has bailed on their Beacon shows this year, but that's not to say they haven't.

Definitely something I'm going to look into.

I'd love for this to be true, but at this point I'm skeptical, based on Mule's history with the Beacon.
"Where's Jim going?"

Woody

I was thinking another MSG NYE show may be a possibility. We know they tried to play there in 2012 for NYE but Phish had it locked up. Love the Beacon but seems too small to me for a NYE show. Beacon or Cap>MSG perhaps?

oistheone

I'd take a New Year's run just about anywhere on the east coast, so I'm really hoping something pans out!

I imagine we'll hear something by the end of June either way. By then OBH3 should be announced and their NYC and other north-east dates will have passed.

MMPJ6306

MSG is apparently free this NYE. The smaller the venue the better I'd say...
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

RastaRunner5

MSG '08 was announced in June of that year if memory serves.

brn2plybal

Dec 27 - Dec 29 @ Beacon Theatre
Dec 31 at MSG.

Mule still plays beacon 30/31 as usual.

millerjustin

Quote from: brn2plybal on May 10, 2015, 11:17 PM
Dec 31 at MSG.

I'm hearing similar rumblings, except 5 nights at beacon
What's in here won't disappear

itrainmonkeys

Dec 31 at MSG.

This would make me a happy boy.

SPRINGS

I live 3 subway stops from beacon but would rather commute an hour and have a capitol theater run with New Years at the cap.

ericm

Quote from: millerjustin on May 11, 2015, 09:19 AM
Dec 31 at MSG.

I hope you're right, and would love that but I'm curious to know when those 5 nights would be?  I could see November or even sometime early to mid December but not so much around Chrismas/NYE.

I talked to some friends of mine the other day who are BIG Mule fans. They said they've heard nothing to make them think Mule won't be at The Beacon for their Dec. 30/31 shows again. In fact they told me the only year they remember Mule not playing there at least in recent memory was the year The Beacon was being renovated. (2008?)

These guys go every year, and have done the Philly Tower shows Mule does after the Beacon every year recently as well. That's not to say things couldn't change but it doesn't seem likely to me right now.
"Where's Jim going?"

millerjustin

Quote from: ericm on May 11, 2015, 12:52 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on May 11, 2015, 09:19 AM
Dec 31 at MSG.

update/clarification:  I heard 5 nights at the Beacon closer to Thanksgiving than the holidays.  This leads me to guess MSG for NYE.  I am a HUGE fan of the Cap as well, but our guys may have outgrown an 1,800 seater.... :(

I hope you're right, and would love that but I'm curious to know when those 5 nights would be?  I could see November or even sometime early to mid December but not so much around Chrismas/NYE.

I talked to some friends of mine the other day who are BIG Mule fans. They said they've heard nothing to make them think Mule won't be at The Beacon for their Dec. 30/31 shows again. In fact they told me the only year they remember Mule not playing there at least in recent memory was the year The Beacon was being renovated. (2008?)

These guys go every year, and have done the Philly Tower shows Mule does after the Beacon every year recently as well. That's not to say things couldn't change but it doesn't seem likely to me right now.
What's in here won't disappear

subinai

OK now that Gov Ball is done, hope we get an announcement soon!

dexter

Therers  no way they can do multiple msg nights right?  Will be undersold?
But 3 nights either beacon cap or similar is probably in play right?

Would be great if true..  Gov ball was fun but a bit of a tease and despite people saying Camden is a full set, I'm still a little nervous it's gonna fall between festy and regular..