Loaded Questions in an Automatic World: A Chat with Carl Broemel

Started by CC, May 22, 2015, 06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

By Phillip Dodge

"I recently had the opportunity to chat with Carl Broemel, My Morning Jacket's guitarist, pedal steel player and saxophonist. Carl joined the band in 2004 and has played on every album since 2005's Z. I asked Carl about recording the new album, songwriting and arranging, and of course, guitars, amps, and pedals."

http://tonereport.com/blogs/interviews/loaded-questions-in-an-automatic-world-a-chat-with-carl-broemel-of-my-morni

Fully

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

PittsburghGuy

Quote from: CC Baxter on May 22, 2015, 06:48 AM
By Phillip Dodge

"I recently had the opportunity to chat with Carl Broemel, My Morning Jacket's guitarist, pedal steel player and saxophonist. Carl joined the band in 2004 and has played on every album since 2005's Z. I asked Carl about recording the new album, songwriting and arranging, and of course, guitars, amps, and pedals."

http://tonereport.com/blogs/interviews/loaded-questions-in-an-automatic-world-a-chat-with-carl-broemel-of-my-morni

Thanks for the link. 

The opening paragraph of that article is going to be my new go-to when trying to introduce people to MMJ, concisely. 

"If you are unfamiliar with My Morning Jacket, a single song or even a single album can't serve as your introduction. At the heart of it, My Morning Jacket is a rock and roll band—ringing guitars, huge drums, and vocals that can run from Neil Young to Roger Daltrey to Prince and beyond. They have quiet and contemplative "folk" songs such as "Wonderful" from 2011's Circuital and "Golden" from 2003's It Still Moves. They have epic guitar jams like "Mahgeeta," also from It Still Moves and they have songs like "Holdin On To Black Metal" from Circuital—songs that can't be classified by genre but can be classified as awesome, complete with killer fuzzed out guitar parts. "