What's that sampler thingy around Jim necks during Victory Dance?

Started by danz, May 29, 2015, 01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danz

I'm sure this has been covered but bluesky and I couldn't remember when we saw the boys play a couple weeks ago: what's that sampler around Jim's neck during Victory Dance and what's it doing?

Crispy

I thought it was a giant calculator with which he could keep a running tally of the ratio of glowsticks that hit band members to the number of phones being held up to record shitty video.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

easy way

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Fully

I thought he used it to calculate which audience members on the rail he has finger banged.

danz

dude, that's a depressing thought  :embarrassed:

Quote from: Crispy on May 29, 2015, 03:54 PM
I thought it was a giant calculator with which he could keep a running tally of the ratio of glowsticks that hit band members to the number of phones being held up to record shitty video.

Crispy

Quote from: danz on May 29, 2015, 04:08 PM

Being on the rail is about the only way to keep from getting depressed about all of those fucking phones in the air at shows.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

danz

true...amongst many other benefits too...

Quote from: Crispy on May 29, 2015, 04:19 PM
Quote from: danz on May 29, 2015, 04:08 PM

Being on the rail is about the only way to keep from getting depressed about all of those fucking phones in the air at shows.

Fully

Little know fact: Jim is a spreadsheet freak which explains why Crispy and BH nerd out so much about spreadsheets.  They only took up their spreadsheet in hobby once they discovered Jim was into them. Jim uses that box for computations that go directly into a spreadsheet housed in the secret part of their website.

DONT TELL THE NOOBS HOW TO FIND THE SECRET PART OF THE BAND S WEBSITE.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Here's the thread that started the "what's that thing around his neck?" discussion. 

http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php/topic,14787.msg262126.html#msg262126

This thread is also a classic heated debate around setlist diversity, elitism, how the forum used to be, etc. starring Tracy, Sticky, ewind, and more. Go back a few pages for that trip down memory lane.

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 30, 2015, 11:21 AM
THAT'S A WARNING, FULLY!   :lipsrsealed:
Shut the fuck up,  Yac! I haven't seen my morning jacket play in two weeks!  Just shut the fuck up. You're such an elitist!  >:D

(read the link particularly around page 35 before you start yelling at me for being awful to Yac.)

johnnYYac

STRIKE TWO!

I remember how great the forum was, before Fully soiled it with her potty mouth. What do you expect from a 40-something high school teacher with three daughters?

Oh, and Sec Walkin is my jam.

Fully

By the way,  that argument between MJK,  ewind,  ericm and Tracy was hilarious to read.

Crispy

Quote from: Fully on May 30, 2015, 06:03 PM
By the way,  that argument between MJK,  ewind,  ericm and Tracy was hilarious to read.

I like that the only thing I got involved with in that thread was a sangria recipe.

ericm

Quote from: Crispy on May 30, 2015, 10:31 PM

I like that the only thing I got involved with in that thread was a sangria recipe.

Oh STFU the both of ya!!    :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on May 30, 2015, 11:06 PM
Quote from: Crispy on May 30, 2015, 10:31 PM

Oh STFU the both of ya!!    :wink:
You could just join Facebook with a fake name. We still miss you.