Jim´s favorit Grateful Dead Song: Candyman

Started by jimsflyingv, May 28, 2015, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimsflyingv

dookie shoot bandit

New Bob Weir Documentary on NetFlix is a good watch as well

1eyed_jack

I might be missing the obvious, but where does that article mention anything about Jim James?

Colfax

Such an awesome song. This is one of the few Dead songs my wife and I disagree on. I can't wait to show her this. :)

MMJ_fanatic

Interesting that we would pick different songs from the same album (I mean c'mon is there any arguing that American Beauty is THE Dead album???).  For me its a close shave between Attics of My Life and Sugar Mag.  I think Attics edges across the wire truth be told...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MrB

Posted elsewhere how similar they are in timbre. I wish he'd break out a few dead tunes this summer.

Shug

This version is fucking great!  A youthful energetic Garcia, so good to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=picLNthAlRk
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Lonndown27

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Jul 02, 2015, 03:33 AM
Interesting that we would pick different songs from the same album (I mean c'mon is there any arguing that American Beauty is THE Dead album???).  For me its a close shave between Attics of My Life and Sugar Mag.  I think Attics edges across the wire truth be told...

i would have to say THE Dead album is Euro 72, its got everything that cemented this band as legends: He's Gone, versions of stuff from American Beauty and WOrkingman's Dead, Brown Eyed Women, Jack Straw!!!, China Cat > I Know You Rider, Tennessee Jed and Ramble On Rose. Either that one or Skulls & Roses.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

for me THE Dead album has to be at least somewhat live...that's where the magic was
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018