Roll Call Boston - 11/20 & 11/21 Orpheum Theater

Started by CountSA, Jul 13, 2015, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbpats

Quote from: schwagger14 on Jul 14, 2015, 10:36 AM
I can't get any groups of 2 for either Boston show?  This seems like a total bust, or is it always like this?  Pretty bummed.

Seems like the digital membership is a donation

CTdeadhead

I thought I got up close, but ended up with orchestra row B, not BB..damn it. 

pjfan04101

I just got a single in orch ff, seat 113 for night 2. Is that 3rd row?

I couldn't get 2 tix together at all, so I just shot for one. 

Using a digital membership.

wolof7

Welp no luc k with the presale.  that was just as much of a bust as any other time I tried this.  agreed that Digital onlyis probably just a donation
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

schwagger14

Quote from: Jbpats on Jul 14, 2015, 10:40 AM
Quote from: schwagger14 on Jul 14, 2015, 10:36 AM
I can't get any groups of 2 for either Boston show?  This seems like a total bust, or is it always like this?  Pretty bummed.

Seems like the digital membership is a donation

Yeah, oh well, I've spent worse money than supporting the band.  It still is pretty damn messed up that the major perk of joining is a total bust - fairly frustrated but I'll try my hand Friday.

beardedwonder

What time Friday do "peasant" tix go on sale???
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

cigarzin

Surprised so many of you are just like "oh well, I'll try Friday". I clicked submit for 2 tickets at 4 seconds past 10:30 and said no tickets available and I only tried for 2. I tried for 1 immediately after and none available. What a joke and I'm not really wanting to give the band any more money for last row balcony seats. This happened to me before and the admins told me they were working to fix it. This is the final straw, I like their music, I'll listen, but they take their fans money and do nothing to help them. I'm done.

Katkasper

Could someone explain how it is that the Digital Roll Call membership allows pre-sale at 10:30 but when you actually hit that "Ticket" at 10:30 precisely the wheel just turns and nothing. I do not understand what I am paying for if all of the tickets are sold out and being sold on the ticket sites before 10:30 even hits. I am felling like this "membership" is a scam.

beardedwonder

I tried for 20 minutes straight varying my requests. I would get something. Should've splurged for the other package with the XS t shirt offer :grin:

Paying the extra $ I did "expect" to score tix. BUT with the venue being so small I won't hold the band hostage for my $15.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

wellfleet

Refreshed the link at 10a on the nose and two-day passes were already sold out. I find this difficult to fathom. I was able to purchase 11/21 tickets (my birthday!) but nothing for 11/20 no matter how many times I refreshed. It would be great to know how many of these tickets were released to begin with, since the venue is so small. I'd hate to call shenanigans but this is disappointing.
everything sucks. really.

dexter

if anyone has 2 for n2 beacon to trade i have pairs 8th row both nights boston, id trade either night for a good pair in the beacon on the 25th.. thanks

Jbpats

Quote from: beardedwonder on Jul 14, 2015, 11:07 AM
I tried for 20 minutes straight varying my requests. Really thought I would get something. Should've splurged for the other package with the XS t shirt offer :grin:

Paying the extra $ I did "expect" to score tix. BUT with the venue being so small I won't hold the band hostage for my $15.

I was considering buying the xs deluxe package also yesterday but couldn't justify it. I wish i did now. Digital got me nothing.
The thing that is upsetting me now is how the deluxe roll call is again available in all sizes. Yesterday oy s/xs were available and this morning it said completely sold out.

CTdeadhead

Well I guess I should consider myself lucky, I logged right on at 10 and only purchased a pair for the Sat night show as Friday is impossible for me.  I got a pair in row B, looks like first row of the second section back.  Should still be a stellar view, I hope. 

beardedwonder

Quote from: Jbpats on Jul 14, 2015, 11:10 AM

I was considering buying the xs deluxe package also yesterday but couldn't justify it. I wish i did now. Digital got me nothing.
The thing that is upsetting me now is how the deluxe roll call is again available in all sizes. Yesterday oy s/xs were available and this morning it said completely sold out.

ya thats LAME!!!

mrz200

Quote from: CTdeadhead on Jul 14, 2015, 11:13 AM
Well I guess I should consider myself lucky, I logged right on at 10 and only purchased a pair for the Sat night show as Friday is impossible for me.  I got a pair in row B, looks like first row of the second section back.  Should still be a stellar view, I hope. 

really good seat

Overhang starts around K or so, but everything in front of that is outstanding.
it's not a particularly wide theater either - the beacon in NYC & Riverside in MKE both seem larger to me (never pulled a tape on them though!) so even if you think you are to one side, you're gonna be fine.

IMO, the only "bad" seats in the Orpheum are the last 5-10 rows of the orchestra, as they are visually & sonically negatively affected by the overhang.  I'd rather sit in the last row of the balc vs the last row of the orch all day long.  that said...I had the 3rd to last row of the orch for the allman brothers in 2011 and didn't think the sound got muddled one bit.  have seen other bands there (phil lesh, widespread panic) where the sound under the overhang is a mess.

I've never sat in the "private" boxes that are on the sides, but have heard they aren't great.

Jbpats

Quote from: beardedwonder on Jul 14, 2015, 11:26 AM
Quote from: Jbpats on Jul 14, 2015, 11:10 AM

ya thats LAME!!!

I actually just wrote the fan club an email about it, not that I'm looking for a refund but to tell them its wrong.
I even asked them yesterday if I could order the deluxe package and just receive the shirt once its back in my size. I was told the shirts were back ordered and it couldn't be done.. Give me a break, back ordered for 10 hours?

Jbpats

Quote from: mrz200 on Jul 14, 2015, 11:30 AM
Quote from: CTdeadhead on Jul 14, 2015, 11:13 AM

really good seat

Overhang starts around K or so, but everything in front of that is outstanding.
it's not a particularly wide theater either - the beacon in NYC & Riverside in MKE both seem larger to me (never pulled a tape on them though!) so even if you think you are to one side, you're gonna be fine.

IMO, the only "bad" seats in the Orpheum are the last 5-10 rows of the orchestra, as they are visually & sonically negatively affected by the overhang.  I'd rather sit in the last row of the balc vs the last row of the orch all day long.  that said...I had the 3rd to last row of the orch for the allman brothers in 2011 and didn't think the sound got muddled one bit.  have seen other bands there (phil lesh, widespread panic) where the sound under the overhang is a mess.

I've never sat in the "private" boxes that are on the sides, but have heard they aren't great.

Anything to the far left or right is completely obstructed at the orpheum. In fact if you have tix in the left or right orch (not left center/right center) you will unable to see a good portion of the stage

pdoody

Hey! I haven't posted a lot here, but they have been putting tickets up intermittently, even after they said they were sold out. I just pulled a 2 day pass for

Section Orchestra, Row H, Seat 203

around 10 minutes ago. Keep trying! Excited to see my first MMJ shows in a small venue!!!

GO4IT

Another Horrible Union bust for me trying to pick up good seats for Boston.
I was right on it at 10 with 2 computers and could get nothing for 4 seats together except half way back in orchestra; you know there are tons of unsold tickets further forward that were not available to us.  I see that some scored decent seats but it looks like they only release a dozen or so really good seats or they wouldn't sell out instantly and we would be hearing about many more good scores on this forum.  These presales are a sad joke and they do nothing to make them better. :angry: