Roll Call NYC 11/24-11/25 Beacon Theatre

Started by ericm, Jul 15, 2015, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GO4IT

Quote from: oistheone on Jul 17, 2015, 12:09 PM
Sometimes TM releases seats as far as half-an-hour into the sale. Might be carts timing out -- or more likely -- because they've already sold the desperate saps on shittier seats and now they can start releasing the better ones.

Exactly.
Ticketbastards!

I got completely shut out even though I was right on it at noon.  I saw a few lousy singles but this is a joke.  There's no way this is sold out and there are plenty of seats left that they are holding back.  It would be nice to know when they will be released.  If they are testing the waters for adding a Fri and Sat show, it might be sooner than usual.

SVRDhand13

10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3

itrainmonkeys

I think I got through with Row U - obstructed view orchestra.

How bad is the obstructed view? anyone with experience?

ashk1

I'm holding out in hopes of the Fri/Sat show. I tried for tickets today just to see what was available and I was shut out of both days. They are definitely holding tickets, there is no way it sold out this fast.
look at you starchild, you're all grown up!

SVRDhand13

Probably but Beacon does only hold 3,000 people
10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3

delso13

there really arent too many bad seats in this place.. its beautiful

think of it as a larger version of the cap but with seats, no GA

are there rumors of a thurs fri shows being announced?

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: delso13 on Jul 17, 2015, 12:29 PM

A lot of folks on here seem to think it's set in stone.

ericm

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jul 17, 2015, 12:19 PM

Your obstruction won't be bad IMO. The soundboard is wide but there's usually only two people in there that you'll have to see beyond, as opposed to a whole row of standing peeps. I don't remember it going all across the section, and depending on what side your seat is, it might not be obstructed at all. I could be misremembering that a bit but just going off memory in passing it, and not having sat behind or real close to it.

Here's a pic I found, and hope this helps a bit.

http://www.seva.org/images/content/pagebuilder/Beacon_Theater.jpg
"Where's Jim going?"

SVRDhand13

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jul 17, 2015, 12:30 PM
Quote from: delso13 on Jul 17, 2015, 12:29 PM

A lot of folks on here seem to think it's set in stone.

I'd be surprised if more shows aren't added.  They played Radio City Music Hall in 2008 and that holds 6k people.  Two Beacon shows hold the same amount. 

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: ericm on Jul 17, 2015, 12:31 PM

Your obstruction won't be bad IMO. The soundboard is wide but there's usually only two people in there that you'll have to see beyond, as opposed to a whole row of standing peeps. I don't remember it going all across the section, and depending on what side your seat is, it might not be obstructed at all. I could be misremembering that a bit but just going off memory in passing it, and not having sat behind or real close to it.

Thanks, that helps reassure me. Just disappointed I'm so far back BUT I believe I have an aisle seat (seat 114) so if that's the case I'll be happy. Unless that aisle seat means I'll be directly behind it lol. Oh well...we'll see

Fritz

Got some decent Loge seats during presale, but figured I'd try to upgrade today. Tried pulling pairs for 20 minutes with absolutely no luck whatsoever. Then the site just stopped loading. Now all I get is 403/forbidden errors. Did they ban my IP or something? Ridiculous.

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: Fritz on Jul 17, 2015, 12:40 PM
Got some decent Loge seats during presale, but figured I'd try to upgrade today. Tried pulling pairs for 20 minutes with absolutely no luck whatsoever. Then the site just stopped loading. Now all I get is 403/forbidden errors. Did they ban my IP or something? Ridiculous.

They may have. I have been banned in the past for trying to get tickets to quickly (refreshing/searching again too much). Very frustrating and stressful when that happens.

ericm

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jul 17, 2015, 12:34 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jul 17, 2015, 12:31 PM

Thanks, that helps reassure me. Just disappointed I'm so far back BUT I believe I have an aisle seat (seat 114) so if that's the case I'll be happy. Unless that aisle seat means I'll be directly behind it lol. Oh well...we'll see

Well you're guaranteed to have excellent sound!! No question about that. As far as being far back, you won't be getting any ET fingers from Jim, but the Beacon isn't all that big, and I don't think you'll be bummed with the distance.

Here's a pic of the Allman's sound board. They have a couple of monitor type things going on, and this pic is from 2013. It might've had something to do with their web stream they offered. I don't remember seeing those at any other shows I've seen there.

http://www.definitionbam.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Studer_AllmanBrothers1.jpg
"Where's Jim going?"

Fritz

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jul 17, 2015, 12:41 PM

They may have. I have been banned in the past for trying to get tickets to quickly (refreshing/searching again too much). Very frustrating and stressful when that happens.

Totally ridiculous. They expect me to wait a few minutes between searches when the system isn't pulling anything up?

Glad I already had tix...

ericm

Yeah they do that once in a while if you keep searching, and tossing back too many tix. They'll lock you out for 24 hours sometimes.
"Where's Jim going?"

itrainmonkeys

I'm excited no matter what. Just wish I could have scored the seat I had in my cart or convince one of my friends to go to these shows. So many of them don't obsess about MMJ or don't want to spend the money (which is expensive if you're not a hardcore fan).

Hoping I'm able to do 3 (or 4) of the shows assuming the others get announced. It's been too long without a full length Jacket show

PaulyC7

Shut out in the Roll Call presale, passed on the crap seats in the American Express presale, and passed on the Gilt presale since you don't know where your seats are and don't find out until will call (plus $110 ea for $81 seats...come on).  Now after an hour of trying on TM I can only pull up Upper Balcony...WTF.  I guess I'll have to hope for some more show announcements and/or try to pick up some face value seats the week of.  Bummed.

I hate to complain but Roll Call really needs to work on securing more tickets for high demand shows like these.  After getting shut out and reading all the posts here it's apparent they didn't have many to go around.  Some of the other presales seemed to have more/better tickets.  Oh well...I guess I have 4 months to find some!

itrainmonkeys

It doesn't help that it's a relatively small-ish venue and there were like 5 different pre-sales to divide all the tickets up to.

itrainmonkeys

You know what really hurts? Seeing front row center tickets on sale on Stubhub for over $200 (some asking for $600-2,000).  Let the fans have the tickets. I hate this.

PaulyC7

Absolutely...hopefully no one will buy them.  Fucking scalpers.