Me figuring out how to play Steam Engine

Started by Lonndown27, Aug 23, 2015, 05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

you can hear my Les Paul in the right ear i believe, there's some pretty sick stuff that goes down, especially for a first try, this was played to RR2012 version of Steam engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOBeR6vxacA
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

johnnYYac

Quite a nice and raunchy mix of MMJ and lonndown27.  Wish I could play guitar...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Lonndown27

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 25, 2015, 10:47 AM
Quite a nice and raunchy mix of MMJ and lonndown27.  Wish I could play guitar...

YESSSSSSS!!! Johnny that means a lot! thank you bro!!! I can play it WAAAAAAY better now, note for note, a lottttt better than in this video, but I figured oh well, I wasn't trying to show how good I could play or some vanity thing, it was more of a weird experience of imagining being 3rd guitarist in MMJ for a couple minutes...sorry It ended before the freak out at the end, my camera was gonna die and erase the whole video so I had to stop right then.

THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!!! I tried my best!!!

P.S Johnny, anyone can play guitar!!! You just have to want to and requires dedication over a long period of time. I've been playing since 2002, and feel like my pure desire to want to learn took me over in a good way. I now can play nearly every instrument in a 5 piece band set up (keys, bass, drums, guitar and half-assed vocals). You could learn to play VERY EASILY  :beer: I would love to help push you in the direction of learning to play guitar, Johnny, I guarantee you'd be let onstage with the guys to do a 30 minute version of Run Thru where you get a long wah wah solo or somethin hahahaha, YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!!!

Im trying to get Steam down perfectly so I can drop the bomb on the guys and ask if I could play this with them onstage hahahah. Its such a fuckin grab in the dark, there's NO WAY they'd ever let someone onstage to fuck with their Jacket Vibe, especially considering how seriously they take each and every show, but who knows, maybe if I don't fuck it up it'll be alright. haahah

ONE CAN HOPE JOHNNY!!!!  :drum: :beer:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

CHIMMJFAN

Damn very cool. Yeah I definitely work on covers with my buddy. I'm not very good but hey I try to mess around with piano and hit those Bo keys!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Lonndown27

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Aug 26, 2015, 07:59 PM
Damn very cool. Yeah I definitely work on covers with my buddy. I'm not very good but hey I try to mess around with piano and hit those Bo keys!

CHIMMJFAN

Dood thats sick!!! Bo is the most underrated keyboard player of all time, seriously he's fuckin ridiculous what we can do on the keys. He's the most versatile too, he has like 7 different boards around him hahah and like 20 pedals to himself hahaha.

It was pretty sick doing this experiment because my guitar style fit right in with MMJ's, despite maybe my playing being a bit TOO busy. I definitely didn't wanna get in the way of Carl's slide solos so I stayed on the power chords there, cause you just CANT solo over the top of that or come up with an alternative melody over that...its TOO PERFECT those slide parts are majesty personified.

Sorry for the horrifying camera angle, I just propped the phone up against the laptop and pressed play. I had someone doubt whether I was really playing along to the song the other day and it made me laugh, cause that's a compliment if he couldn't tell who's guitar was who's. But for anyone really wanting to know if I am, due to the poor camera angle, check for yourself on my other guitar videos up on youtube and you'll be assured. I may record another one again, if not for vanity purposes then for purposes of making a better version.

Either way, you can't fuck with Steam Engine  :cool: