radio city 6-20-08

Started by doeslittle, Jun 22, 2008, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllyDee

los

This is a top-notch recording.

I heard "Phone Went West" has birthed a new religious sect along the Nile.

DavidCrosby

....so amazing, love hearing even though I was just there....
listen to vinyl

Jellyfish

The link isn't working.Was it deleted?
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

getinthevan

Seriously, you tapers are awesome.  I'm amazed by these turn around times.  Its been like 2-3 days at the most on the last 4 shows.  Impressive.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

chaz725

holy crap thank you soooo much!

edit:wait, the link doesnt work...help!!

musicman86

I'm so glad someone got Radio City -- what a concert. Can't get the link to work.

chaz725

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2008-06-20.dpa4023.flac16

try that...its posted like that in a diff thread and it worked

searchinbig

Thanks for the quick up.   ;)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

dhollensbe

Wow, sounds extremely nice.

EDIT:  BEST Tape of this very young tour...thanks for sharing.
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

scott brown

i posted the 24 bit version as well:

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2008-06-20.dpa4023.flac24

if anyone has an extra poster, i'd love to buy it from you.  i had no place to safely put it during the show because of the gear, so I couldn't pick one up

dhollensbe

Quotei posted the 24 bit version as well:

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2008-06-20.dpa4023.flac24

if anyone has an extra poster, i'd love to buy it from you.  i had no place to safely put it during the show because of the gear, so I couldn't pick one up

We are officially spoiled, thanks for the 24bit greatness.

What was your impression of the sound in this place?  You think you were too close?  One thing I have noticed is Jacket needs a new sound man, way too many fuck ups recently in my opinion.  
Dead on the beach,

scott brown

I think the recording sounds exactly like it did at the show.  unfortunately, that's not the greatest thing

the vocals were too low in the mix, and i thought the instruments kind of bled into each other.  I didn't think the sound was that good at all on friday

and no, i definitely wasn't too close. I wish I was closer

dhollensbe

QuoteI think the recording sounds exactly like it did at the show.  unfortunately, that's not the greatest thing

the vocals were too low in the mix, and i thought the instruments kind of bled into each other.  I didn't think the sound was that good at all on friday

Its a shame the mix wasn't better given the venue and the hype around the band.  Regardless, the tape sound good to me.  
Dead on the beach,

baustin

QuoteI think the recording sounds exactly like it did at the show.  unfortunately, that's not the greatest thing

hey scott!

good meeting you on friday. what a wild weekend in nyc. i still don't feel right. we had a nice evening flight booked for sunday which unfortunately got canceled causing us to have to fly out first thing monday morning. if you're unaware, booking a flight less than 24 hours before travel sets you up to get additional screening and of course, a bag full of recording equipment just looks funny to them. i think the guy was legitimately scared of the schoeps kwon bars. i couldn't help but think that they do resemble sticks of explosives!

i'm currently tracking down my recording from the balcony. i was very happy with the way it sounded from up there. like i mentioned at the show, i'm really new to this schoeps setup so, on a whim, i ran the hyper caps on the NOS bar. all and all, i'm very happy with the results. oh yeah, and i figured you had things on lock down on the floor so i ran HOT up there!

don't know if this actually has anything to do with the sound in the venue but.... i was seated directly to the right of the PA soundboard on the 2nd balcony. i started chatting with the guy (trying to butter him up to get a SBD patch) but found out he was only the PA soundguy for the venue. i personally have no clue what that meant. 2 soundguys? anyway, as the show started, he was pounding a huge order of chinese take out. as soon as he finished it, he passed out and literally slept through the entire show. well that is until another guy showed up. as soon as the other guy showed up towards the end, he started scurrying around up there actually doing stuff, then left. i think the other guy may have actually started tweaking things because it got much louder in there towards the end. just what i saw.  :-/

hope to have another recording up for everybody in a day or 2!

-ba

Honest Man

You Fucking Rule! I knew someone had to be taping it. Great concert. Now I can take the moments with me.

Solid!
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Thanks for taping this. What a show. I think my favorite part of the recording is the first 2 lines of OBH. The crowd is so loud you can barely hear Jim sing "good and limber".

Amazing.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.