MMJ Go Record Shopping at Amoeba

Started by Mr. White, Oct 12, 2015, 08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

touchingmept2

:thumbsup: To tommy for snatching that Blood Orange album. He referenced the new album, which is really groove heavy, but said it wasn't available. Peep this fucking heavy groove

Do you think Tommy can slap a bass like that?
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

subinai

all of their picks were pretty great. stoked that jim picked dilla's donuts. bo had it right about his madlib/dilla comment.

walterfredo

For a second Jim had Jerry Garcia 'Compliments' in his hand, but they didn't show him talking about it. Very cool though! Love it.

tippitoes22

Quote from: subinai on Oct 12, 2015, 09:59 PM
all of their picks were pretty great. stoked that jim picked dilla's donuts. bo had it right about his madlib/dilla comment.
Jim's right on the money with Dilla's Donuts. And yeh Bo was right about him and Madlib being the Miles & Coltrane of that sound. Do yourself a favor and get the  Madlib lp "raids blue note" Madlib basically just decided he wanted to play jazz one day. He's got so much ability and cred that Blunote records let him raid their stacks and made an LP that they included in Bluenotes 75th anniversary issue releases. Amazingly talented guys. May J.Dilla rest in peace.
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

subinai

Quote from: tippitoes22 on Oct 13, 2015, 01:38 AM
Quote from: subinai on Oct 12, 2015, 09:59 PM
Jim's right on the money with Dilla's Donuts. And yeh Bo was right about him and Madlib being the Miles & Coltrane of that sound. Do yourself a favor and get the  Madlib lp "raids blue note" Madlib basically just decided he wanted to play jazz one day. He's got so much ability and cred that Blunote records let him raid their stacks and made an LP that they included in Bluenotes 75th anniversary issue releases. Amazingly talented guys. May J.Dilla rest in peace.

great record!!! im a big fan of anything madlib touches

ruralt

Well if I ever stumble upon some yard sale and see that Wizard of Oz 78 I know what I'm gonna do.

APR

That was fun to watch.  What a diverse selection of stuff the band picked out to buy. 

beaguan4mmj

Really love this. Seeing the diversity of their picks makes me happy.