T5 It Still Moves available on ebay

Started by Trukel, Aug 05, 2015, 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trukel

werduga

Dang I need that, but I'm sure it will go for 300 bucks. I have TTF, At Dawn, and Evil Urges, but I still need nights 3 and 4 to complete my set.  Those T5 posters sold out faster than any posters I've ever seen at any show.

Trukel

I hear ya. I went to the ISM and EU shows and was able to get each of those after the fact. ISM was available from the artist and I got in touch with Randy Fung for the EU poster....really nice guy btw.

CountSA

$16.14 to ship a poster?  Is Wonderful Union holding the auction?  :undecided:

Trukel

the bid price more than doubled after i posted the link.....maybe I should ask for a commission.

AMightyCaporal

Quote from: werduga on Aug 05, 2015, 11:10 AM
Dang I need that, but I'm sure it will go for 300 bucks. I have TTF, At Dawn, and Evil Urges, but I still need nights 3 and 4 to complete my set.  Those T5 posters sold out faster than any posters I've ever seen at any show.
I'm selling a bunch of  4 of 5 T5 show posters (EU night was sold) Someone on ExpressoBeans did reach out expressing interest in the ISM poster but if that falls through I will let you know.  I made a post a while back on the forum (here: http://mymorningjacket.net/index.php/topic,19080.0.html) and here's a link to photos of the posters being sold: http://imgur.com/a/JPzD5#0
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

subinai

if you still have the Z poster in a year i will buy it from you

AMightyCaporal

Quote from: subinai on Oct 20, 2015, 08:49 PM

Sounds good man - let me know
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

dontgetupset

Poster seller- I have no problem making a profit on the show posters but the prices should be within reason.

Asking $250 for the Burwell from MSG show in 2011 is ABSURD as are most of your prices.

Again, it's not that you're price gouging that bothers me it's that your prices are out of sync with what the actual MARKET PRICES of those posters are.

Normally on ebay a poster like that msg one would be going for X and since this is the forum for the most dedicated fans you'd ask 70 80 or 90 percent of X.

That is it.

johnnYYac

Quote from: AMightyCaporal on Oct 20, 2015, 09:05 PM

If that doesn't work out, I'd be interested in that Brammer Z print.

Good to see you again, AMC, even if it is to rape us with your poster sales.  :wink:

I've seen Burwells fetch $100-300, Slater's Z bats break $400, and I fear your asking price on the Brammer Z (ah, I see... never mind...).

I believe AMC has earned respect here and suggest negotiating off-Forum instead of publicly calling him out. I'm a huge anti-poster flipper guy, but know AMightyCaporal to be a fine citizen.

I see the Buwell MSG 11 on eBay and his own site for less, so have at it, and don't get upset.  :drum:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

AMightyCaporal

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 21, 2015, 04:23 PM
Quote from: AMightyCaporal on Oct 20, 2015, 09:05 PM

If that doesn't work out, I'd be interested in that Brammer Z print.

Good to see you again, AMC, even if it is to rape us with your poster sales.  :wink:

I've seen Burwells fetch $100-300, Slater's Z bats break $400, and I fear your asking price on the Brammer Z (ah, I see... never mind...).

I believe AMC has earned respect here and suggest negotiating off-Forum instead of publicly calling him out. I'm a huge anti-poster flipper guy, but know AMightyCaporal to be a fine citizen.

I see the Buwell MSG 11 on eBay and his own site for less, so have at it, and don't get upset.  :drum:

Thanks YAC - wasn't aware I was being publicly called out. I understand the poster selling is a hot button and complicated issue so I'm sorry if anyone is getting offended by my trying to sell my stock. I'd be happy to have a discussion with anyone about it though.

Hope all is well YAC and the rest of the old crew here.

dontgetupset

Just seeing these two responses. Johnny, you are probably right that there's no need for any "calling out" here and since AMC is clearly a big fan and is vouched for by Johnny I feel minimal regret.

All things T5 are there own being and as someone who just has the Evil Urges Fung hanging 5 feet away from me I can state in no uncertain terms that I'm jealous of those that own other ones. I don't even mind exorbitant asking prices due to their uniqueness and scarcity.

The other prices are just ridiculous though and I'd feel bad for anyone who paid anything close to $200 for that 2011 Burwell only to realize they overpaid by a lot.

I'm hopeful that all of these pieces are worth significantly more in the coming decades and that we'll all laugh that people once felt that anything less than $3000 for a Burwell was expensive.

AMightyCaporal

Quote from: dontgetupset on Oct 21, 2015, 10:12 AM
Poster seller- I have no problem making a profit on the show posters but the prices should be within reason.

Asking $250 for the Burwell from MSG show in 2011 is ABSURD as are most of your prices.

Again, it's not that you're price gouging that bothers me it's that your prices are out of sync with what the actual MARKET PRICES of those posters are.

Normally on ebay a poster like that msg one would be going for X and since this is the forum for the most dedicated fans you'd ask 70 80 or 90 percent of X.

That is it.

So this is what YAC was referring to - I missed it earlier. I understand your points and admit that the costs do seem a little on the higher side. I posted these a couple months ago and at that time I was using expressobeans to ballpark the pricing but haven't looked back much since then so maybe the average costs have dropped since then. The prices are high but I am absolutely happy to negotiate with anyone - especially for an MMJ fan.

If I wasn't in the financial situation I am in - I'd keep these posters. I love looking at the art work, it's inspiring as an artist and it reminds me of how excited I felt that my own art was used by the band. Growing up sucks, real life responsibilities suck and saying having to sell this artwork really sucks but some things are more important, right?

Again - I'm sorry if I've ruffled any feathers. Don't let those prices stop you from reaching out, I want these things in a good home - with people that will enjoy them the way I have so don't be afraid to make an offer.

dontgetupset

Good evening. Totally hear ya on using whatever that automated program is to price.

I would love for both you and a potential buyer to agree on great fair prices. Glad that everything was cleared up.

Cheers

ericm

I always thought something was worth what someone was willing to pay for it. So what if it might be found cheaper someplace else?  If someone finds something they like, finds the price in their budget, and is willing to pay what's asked, it seems to me both parties are happy.

Maybe the buyer doesn't want to go searching, or buy from a total stranger, and they feel more comfortable buying from someone on a fan forum even if it does cost more. Not everyone shops price. Some shop convenience, security, and where they're comfortable. It's  fair IMO for a seller to ask whatever they want for their goods, and try to get as much as they can. No one is forcing anyone to pay that. AMC already said he's open to offers so I don't see a problem.

Do people always go with the cheapest contractor on a job?

Maybe other things factor in for a person/buyer and I don't think anyone should try and dictate what a seller is asking. If people don't like the price, they're free to pass on it or make a counter offer and it's up to the seller if they want to sell for that price.

Just my .02  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

AMightyCaporal

Quote from: ericm on Oct 24, 2015, 08:56 PM
I always thought something was worth what someone was willing to pay for it. So what if it might be found cheaper someplace else?  If someone finds something they like, finds the price in their budget, and is willing to pay what's asked, it seems to me both parties are happy.

Maybe the buyer doesn't want to go searching, or buy from a total stranger, and they feel more comfortable buying from someone on a fan forum even if it does cost more. Not everyone shops price. Some shop convenience, security, and where they're comfortable. It's  fair IMO for a seller to ask whatever they want for their goods, and try to get as much as they can. No one is forcing anyone to pay that. AMC already said he's open to offers so I don't see a problem.

Do people always go with the cheapest contractor on a job?

Maybe other things factor in for a person/buyer and I don't think anyone should try and dictate what a seller is asking. If people don't like the price, they're free to pass on it or make a counter offer and it's up to the seller if they want to sell for that price.

Just my .02  :beer:
Really good points

:beer:

Vitz

If anyone is looking for this print, I have one which has been stored flat in my portfolio.  I am looking to offset some recent moving costs and am accepting offers, so please hit me up if interested.  Thanks.

parkervb

Quote from: Vitz on Feb 17, 2016, 02:41 PM
If anyone is looking for this print, I have one which has been stored flat in my portfolio.  I am looking to offset some recent moving costs and am accepting offers, so please hit me up if interested.  Thanks.

you might have some luck on the Facebook fan page.
Don't you ever turn it off

ZLayLowZ

Also would like voice my concurrence of opinion with Mr EricM. My thoughts exactly  :thumbsup:

searchinbig

Lots of nice Burwell's up on ebay for reasonable opening bid if anyone needs to fill a hole in their collection.  :thumbsup:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."