Main Menu

Forecastle 2016

Started by Emb1528, Dec 04, 2015, 01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emb1528

Anyone have any insight on 2016 Forecastle lineup for sures?
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

EverythingChanges

Lineup drops tomorrow apparently. This is a surprise.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Emb1528

Yeah I saw that. Excited to see what pops up

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Emb1528

LBSUNFLWR

I am thrilled about Ryan!!
not big on the other 2 headliners, but I count 8-9 other bands I am definitely interested in.
always love Phosphorescent!

Emb1528

I'm excited to see the Shakes. I've had tickets to see them twice, but both times had last minute conflicts come up.

parkervb

could we see Jim perform with Femi Kuti at least?
Don't you ever turn it off

kholl44

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 08, 2015, 02:46 PM
could we see Jim perform with Femi Kuti at least?
Or would he possibly get on stage for another hip hop remix of AEIOU with 1200?
I'm in love with this soul; it's a meaning that I understand

LBSUNFLWR

last time Phosphorescent played Louisville Jim came out with him for encore. that was awesome!

AlwxanderD10

I listened to j.k. McKnight announce the line up on Wfpk. When the dj commented on the lack of local bands in the lineup this year, McKnight made reference to a local band announcement coming up that would make a lot of people happy.............

kholl44

Quote from: AlwxanderD10 on Dec 10, 2015, 11:00 AM
I listened to j.k. McKnight announce the line up on Wfpk. When the dj commented on the lack of local bands in the lineup this year, McKnight made reference to a local band announcement coming up that would make a lot of people happy.............

:shocked:

We can only hope! But there are a lot of smaller local bands who rock that he could be referring to... I think they already have all their headliners, but I hope I'm wrong!
I'm in love with this soul; it's a meaning that I understand

MarkW

I'm trying to make this work.  Always wanted to visit Louisville, and this lineup looks fantastic.  Will probably tie in with some time in Nashville etc while I'm over.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

LBSUNFLWR

It's a great experience. They do a fantastic job with all the little details.
The crowd is usually well behaved too.

iLikeBeer

My wife and I are doing Forecastle this year for the first time since Jacket headlined and curated.  The linup the last two years has been lacking for me but this linup looks amazing so far.  Forecastle is arguably my favorite festival as Louisville is a grat town and the vibe of the festival can't be beat!   :beer:

MarkW

Tickets bought yesterday.  Planning underway for a two-week vacation around Louisville, St Louis, Chicago, Memphis and Nashville.  A great combination of friends and music.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: MarkW on Jan 22, 2016, 04:37 AM
Tickets bought yesterday.  Planning underway for a two-week vacation around Louisville, St Louis, Chicago, Memphis and Nashville.  A great combination of friends and music.

That's awesome!

LBSUNFLWR

http://inforoo.com/thread/35180/forecastle-2016?page=6

some interesting speculation going on here ^^^
can't wait to see these add ons.

oistheone

The Arcs are a great add! They blew me away when I saw them last year -- my only wish was that instead of a seated theatre, they were playing niiiiice, open spaces with room to groove. Looks like we'll get plenty of that this summer!

LBSUNFLWR

if that's true. seems logical based on that clue. I've never heard them.
I'd be thrilled if Dead and Co. were added!!