Grammy Nomination

Started by dontgetupset, Dec 07, 2015, 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontgetupset

I'm tempted to not even post due to the Grammy's irrelevancy/vacuousness but

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2015/12/2016_grammy_awa.html

MusiKel Mama

Agreed on irrelevancy, but deserved nonetheless. Congratulations to the hardest working men in show business!!! They deserve every ounce of honor they receive. Hope it gets their music in the ears of more people. This album is a gamechanger.

justbcuzido

I also agree on the irrelevance of it all. A neighbor of mine back in Chicago used to manage several large name bands from the 1970's-1990's and he told me that he always just lets his kids do his Grammy vote for him as he doesn't care but still gets to vote. He told me that a lot of industry people he works with do similar things or just don't really care about the Grammy process in general.

Voting apathy aside, it is great the boys are getting recognized for what they put together. I imagine Alabama Shakes will win if only because they seem to be on that fast track and are the darlings of the Grammy's/industry. Not to take anything away from them as their second album was great. I still like their first album better though.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

APR

There was an interview this year when Jim was quoted as saying that getting recognized in general and the Grammys specifically were meaningful.  It had something to do with being pointed out for doing good work and breaking thru all the noise/clutter was something he seriously appreciates.

There is stiff competition in MMJ's category this year. 

The greatest Grammy speech was when Eddie Vedder got up there for a PJ win and said it was meaningless to him.

walterfredo

Happy for them, much deserved!

Quote from: APR on Dec 07, 2015, 11:05 AM
The greatest Grammy speech was when Eddie Vedder got up there for a PJ win and said it was meaningless to him.

if it was meaningless I find it odd that he was in attendance

dookie shoot bandit

Well deserved!
Congrats guys :thumbsup:

tdb810

Third time's a charm?  I just like to see the red carpet photos  :cheesy:

.....Back at the Model Home

parkervb

Quote from: tdb810 on Dec 08, 2015, 01:52 PM
Third time's a charm?  I just like to see the red carpet photos  :cheesy:

Pat looks like he just came from a meeting with the two Bobs.
Don't you ever turn it off

Come Closer

A straight shooter with upper management written all over him.