Best Hotel for IROQUOIS AMPHITHEATER

Started by rna2525, Feb 02, 2016, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rna2525

Hello,

Anybody have any tips as to where is the best place to stay for these two shows im may?Would it be better to stay near the venue or in the downtown area.Id prefer some where near the venue.Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

ty

ebrunner76@gmail.com

We like downtown. Doesn't seem to be much around Iroquois.

slappymoe

yeah, if you're just looking for a place to sleep, there are a couple of cheaper hotels on dixie highway at the watterson x-way (I-264). those and the hotels near the airport are about as close to the park as you're going to get, maybe a 10 minute drive.

if you're looking for something to do aside from the shows, downtown would certainly be the better choice. iroquios park is pretty big and surrounded by neighborhoods, only thing of interest nearby would be the frisbee golf course next to the amphitheater.

AlwxanderD10

Louisville is a big city people-wise, but geographically it's pretty small, so even if you decide to stay downtown in one the nicer hotels (which I may recommend) you're still only 20 minutes or so from the venue and just about anywhere else in the city.

johnnYYac

I always stay at the Galt, though when I'm in Louisville, its always been for Forecastle, so...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ebrunner76@gmail.com

We are staying at the Galt House too. Stayed at Seelback and Brown. Brown suggested over Seelback but Galt seems to be the most fun atmosphere when doing Forecastle anyway.

MikeR1390

Staying downtown would probably be the best option in terms of easiness of getting to the venue and after-show bar options. The drive is easy as you can take 65 south or take the scenic route and go straight down 3rd street.

LBSUNFLWR

Getting around is very easy. I think you'll have the most fun downtown as well.
And have your pick of nice hotels...

timescaper

I would recommend staying downtown.  They just remodeled the embassy suites so it's super nice and a new aloft.  There are about 15 different hotels within a few blocks of each other if you need to save a few books look at Jeffersonville, IN right across the bridge.  It's very easy to get an uber or Lyft in Louisville to get around

iLikeBeer

My wife and I are thinking about bringing our pop up and camping for the weekend.  There's a KOA right across the bridge in Clarksville, IN that looks like where we might end up.  It's says it's only a mile from downtown Louisville...  :beer:

DaydreamNation

Quote from: rna2525 on Feb 02, 2016, 05:33 PM
Hello,

Anybody have any tips as to where is the best place to stay for these two shows im may?Would it be better to stay near the venue or in the downtown area.Id prefer some where near the venue.Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

ty
As a native Louisvillian, I would highly recommend staying downtown. As others have said there is very little out by Iroquois Park/Amphitheater. There is a variety of hotel options downtown so whatever your price range is you'll find what you're looking for. Nu-Lu, our revitalized arts district directly east of downtown offers all sorts of dining and drinking and artsy stuff to do within a few blocks of wherever you're staying (full disclosure: I work at a restaurant in said district). The amphitheater is a brief 10-15 min drive from downtown, a straight shot down 3rd or 4th street. If you are flying in, Uber is always very easy to use in Louisville. If you insist upon finding a place closer to Iroquois I would look near the airport, which is within a few miles.

Best of luck! Can't wait to welcome you and other MMJ fans travelling here to our beautiful city in May!
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

slappymoe

Speaking of local dining, I highly recommend any and all visitors check out the Butchertown Grocery. Patrick is part owner. Fantastic food. Great service.

http://butchertowngrocery.com/

MikeR1390

Quote from: slappymoe on Mar 02, 2016, 03:56 PM
Speaking of local dining, I highly recommend any and all visitors check out the Butchertown Grocery. Patrick is part owner. Fantastic food. Great service.

http://butchertowngrocery.com/

Especially their brunch! Best biscuits and gravy I have ever had. Plus instead of bread service, they bring out free cinnamon rolls...