It Still Moves Re-Issue

Started by subinai, Apr 03, 2016, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amskinz

En La Ceremony has been talked up so much that I was nervous when it came time to let it ride. It is magical! It took me for a ride!! Some songs may seem to have more touched up than others, but I have absolutely zero complaints. This release has put ISM back at the top of my favorite albums. If you know anyone that doesn't have this album, make sure they get the deluxe vinyl!!!
Anyone have a clue as to how many they pressed? My records are numbered 38,273-38,275 which would put them around the 9,568th set. Just curious how big of a run they did.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

Lonndown27

Quote from: amskinz on May 31, 2016, 06:33 PM
En La Ceremony has been talked up so much that I was nervous when it came time to let it ride. It is magical! It took me for a ride!! Some songs may seem to have more touched up than others, but I have absolutely zero complaints. This release has put ISM back at the top of my favorite albums. If you know anyone that doesn't have this album, make sure they get the deluxe vinyl!!!
Anyone have a clue as to how many they pressed? My records are numbered 38,273-38,275 which would put them around the 9,568th set. Just curious how big of a run they did.

I hope big enough for me to get one soon...it's been so fucking frustrating being financially strapped and not wanting to download a leak of a remaster (what's the point of THAT??) . I wanna get the CD if I have to get one on a budget, because I'm going to get it on some format, BUT i wanna get that DELUXE VINYL SO BADLY
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Come Closer

Quote from: kotchishm on May 30, 2016, 09:18 PM
anyone else get their vinyl yet? I was in Denver all weekend and the package wasn't in front  of my apartment. Appears to have been stolen  :undecided:

Mine didn't arrive yet either. Or was stolen, but unlikely.

kotchishm

Quote from: Osistheones on May 31, 2016, 07:14 PM
Quote from: kotchishm on May 30, 2016, 09:18 PM
anyone else get their vinyl yet? I was in Denver all weekend and the package wasn't in front  of my apartment. Appears to have been stolen  :undecided:

Mine didn't arrive yet either. Or was stolen, but unlikely.

Ok that's good to hear. I sprang for the t-shirt so it was about $70 LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Brother Beck

I really didn't know there was anyone who thought of The Waterfall as MMJ's masterpiece.  I don't mean that in a smarmy, negative way - I honestly hadn't heard anyone say that before.  To me it is a decent album where many of the songs are much, much better live, to the point where it makes me wish the album versions were a little more like the live versions.  This is particularly true for Compound Fracture and Only Memories Remain.  Now that we've had the album for a while I have to say that I'm not a fan of the production at all, and really only listen to live versions of most of the songs. 

Then again, I know I'm a little bit out of step with most fans, as I tend to think Circuital is a fantastic album, and one that would've been a damn masterpiece with a couple tweaks to the tracklisting.

This is why I'm particularly bummed out about them now scrapping the idea of the quick follow-up album this year where we would've gotten some of the other 24 songs they finished during the Waterfall sessions.  I had a bad feeling that would happen when they talked about having completed so many songs for The Waterfall but then the album came out and was only 10 tracks long.  I know Jim has said we'll get a couple of those songs on soundtracks and compilation albums, but that really can't amount to more than one or two songs realistically.  It makes me wish they pulled the trigger on an all out double-album for The Waterfall. 

Oh yeah, and the It Still Moves reissue is amazing.  I didn't think you could improve upon perfection but it's like they magically went in and just made the perfection different. 

Lucius

Quote from: Brother Beck on Jun 01, 2016, 12:22 PM
To me it is a decent album where many of the songs are much, much better live, to the point where it makes me wish the album versions were a little more like the live versions.  This is particularly true for Compound Fracture and Only Memories Remain.  Now that we've had the album for a while I have to say that I'm not a fan of the production at all, and really only listen to live versions of most of the songs. 

This x100, I've never gotten the same buzz from Compound Fracture, Only Memories or even Spring since hearing them live! The only one I felt didn't work well live was In Its Infancy. Am I alone there? Love the studio version but live it didn't grab me!

In a complete contrast, ISM2.0 actually took me back to seeing the band live! It really does sound incredible! I wouldn't have even guessed there was a problem with the mixing, I just took it as it was. It's perfect!
it wouldn't be a party without you