BT: 04-08-2000 Amsterdam on DIME

Started by aMillionDreams, Sep 06, 2008, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyfish

Did they play twice on this day? I also have a recording with 5 songs from same day and venue.Appears to be an FM recording.
QuoteApril 8, 2000 - Paradiso, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

incomplete, these songs were broadcast on Dutch FM radio

What Will I Do / I Will Sing You Songs / War Begun / I Will Be There When You Die / It's About Twilight Now
http://www.gerpotze.com/cgi-bin/mmjsearch.pl?header=date&search=2000
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

searchinbig

QuoteDid they play twice on this day? I also have an FM recording with 5 songs from same day and venue.Appears to be an FM recording.
QuoteApril 8, 2000 - Paradiso, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

incomplete, these songs were broadcast on Dutch FM radio

What Will I Do / I Will Sing You Songs / War Begun / I Will Be There When You Die / It's About Twilight Now
http://www.gerpotze.com/cgi-bin/mmjsearch.pl?header=date&search=2000

I was a little confused with that also.
You probably have this show from the Magnix Series:

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2000-04-08.fm.flac16

It's a great recording and with a little luck the rest of the show will pop up.

:)

:)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

BH

I think it's the same show with two different recordings but I'm not sure.  I can double check by playing them back to back when I get a chance.

Has anyone listened to the AT DAWN!   Awesome version with some new lyrics added at the end.   This one should go on my Top 40 hits comp.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

OK, I finished Disc One at lunch and it's definately the same show.  I know this because of I Will Be There When You Die, when Jim retired the baby blue guitar. ;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jellyfish

QuoteOK, I finished Disc One at lunch and it's definately the same show.  I know this because of I Will Be There When You Die, when Jim retired the baby blue guitar. ;D
Thanks,I guess they just aired 5 songs from the show on the radio.I assume they are 2 different sources as well.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

BH

QuoteOK, I finished Disc One at lunch and it's definately the same show.  I know this because of I Will Be There When You Die, when Jim retired the baby blue guitar. ;D
Thanks,I guess they just aired 5 songs from the show on the radio.I assume they are 2 different sources as well.

I think so, the five song audio is actually a bit better I think, even though this recent one sounds like a soundboard.  And I only say that because the lack of crowd noise.

dhollensbe

I think so, the five song audio is actually a bit better I think, even though this recent one sounds like a soundboard.  And I only say that because the lack of crowd noise.

I thought the same thing when I listened to this the first time that this was a soundboard, crows noise seems to be coming from Jims mic.
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......