1.24.04 richmond va -

Started by slimkim, Sep 25, 2008, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimkim

per chance does anyone have a recording of this show?

this was me first show and would love to hear it now...

great setlist...

2004-01-24 The Canal Club - Richmond, VA      
1. Mahgeetah
2. Dancefloors
3. Picture Of You
4. The Way That He Sings
5. Lowdown
6. Just One Thing
7. Sooner
8. One Big Holiday
9. I Will Sing You Songs
10. Phone Went West
11. Steam Engine
----------
12. Golden (Jim James solo)
13. Bermuda Highway (Jim James solo)
14. X-mas Curtain
15. War Begun
16. Run Thru

thanks

slim i am
there's a pool and a pond... pond's good for you...

logan5ive

It's not on the Internet Archive site (yet) but it was taped and according to db.etree.org these people have it in their collections: http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=196377&show_users=true
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

slimkim

QuoteIt's not on the Internet Archive site (yet) but it was taped and according to db.etree.org these people have it in their collections: http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=196377&show_users=true

swell...

thanks

slimkim

better yet...

i just looked at the list and i see one of my buddies on there. doh. i don't know why i didn't ask him...

i just had a slurpee... so brain freeze....

anyway, thanks again...

Jellyfish

I was at this show and I have the recording.It sounds pretty sweet too.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

slimkim

QuoteI was at this show and I have the recording.It sounds pretty sweet too.

cool. yeah i went blind. my buddies and i were out random and someone suggested we go to the canal club. and there it was...

i never heard the band before or anything. so we were hanging out. and every now and then, i was forced to stop what i was doing to hear this voice, hauntingly emanating from the stage.

finally by the end of the night, i was in a standstill with mouth wide open staring at jim and the band, singing and playing their hearts out. I bought the cd at the show...it still moves.

i figured it would be great to hear that show knowing what i know now. i got to hear Sooner and didn't even know it.

so do you live here in richmond?

Jellyfish

QuoteI was at this show and I have the recording.It sounds pretty sweet too.

cool. yeah i went blind. my buddies and i were out random and someone suggested we go to the canal club. and there it was...

i never heard the band before or anything. so we were hanging out. and every now and then, i was forced to stop what i was doing to hear this voice, hauntingly emanating from the stage.

finally by the end of the night, i was in a standstill with mouth wide open staring at jim and the band, singing and playing their hearts out. I bought the cd at the show...it still moves.

i figured it would be great to hear that show knowing what i know now. i got to hear Sooner and didn't even know it.

so do you live here in richmond?

No,I live about 3 hours away in Martinsville.My buddies parents live there and he was going up to visit them so I begged him to take me so we could go and check out MMJ.He had never heard them and I had just bought ISM the previous year in the fall.I knew they were gonna be good and we both had enjoyed the show and were hooked ever since.I can send you the show if you like.Pm me.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

cbd

what a coincidence, I just came here to post the 1st of 3 old shows I taped in 03- 04 this week and that is one of them. In fact Ryan gave us a sbd patch that night & I have a sbd matrix that sounds really nice. here's the 1st one:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=519013

Rock 'n' roll is alive and well and living at a stinking dive bar near you.

--Patterson Hood, Drive-By Truckers

searchinbig

Quotewhat a coincidence, I just came here to post the 1st of 3 old shows I taped in 03- 04 this week and that is one of them. In fact Ryan gave us a sbd patch that night & I have a sbd matrix that sounds really nice. here's the 1st one:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=519013

Thanks for sharing and here's to that Matrix............. :P  :P !!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."