Did anybody see Jim on ACL Last Night?

Started by 40223, Jan 13, 2005, 08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was watching PBS last night and Austin City Limits came on with Wilco and Bright Eyes as the feature performers.  During Bright Eyes set, Jim (as well as M.Ward) played a couple of songs--including "Golden".  I think it must have been during the Monsters of Folk tour?  Anyways, it was pretty awesome and I will try to find out when they will be reshowing it.

Don't beat me up for saying this, but I actually liked listening to Bright Eyes, although I definitely think Mr. Oberst's antics/movements could be refined.  

EC

See, here is another example of a possible reason I would live in the States.  ACL sounds like a show that might actually make me watch tv again.  

40223, if you want to read more, we talked about ACL here:
http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=theshows;action=display;num=1098537782

(I get a little kick out of Bright Eyes, too.  I have one record, "Lifted".  I think that no matter what, CO does his own thing, and that is the shit.  Plus, his story about his friend Rose made me cry.)

corey

That episode of ACL is set to record on the Tivo this weekend. If I can get a long enough cable to run from the Tivo to my computer soon, I plan on making a DVD of it. If so, I'll trade it around to anyone that wants it.

peanut butter puddin surprise

by mere happenstance, I flipped around the dial and there it was...caught CO right before M Ward came on and watched the rest.  "golden" was awesome.

yo, if you record that on tivo, can you send it to the FTP server (if you can get to it)?  that would be so awesome.

much obliged... :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

orrrrrrrrrrr, alternately, if you want to send it to me (gal with highspeed), I would be effin' ecstatic to upload it!!

corey

I don't have highspeed anymore*, but I could send it to EC to upload it.

Soon. I hope. I hope. I miss it.

EC

(looks like we were thinking the same thing!)