01-24-2004 matrix download inside...

Started by PhriendlyMMJPhan, Feb 25, 2009, 07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

hey,
found this show on bt.etree.org.  I was planning on posting the flac link but the torrent is already down due to lack of seeders.

I had an idea that would be quite easy if others want to upload shows to this account and have a little place other than archive.org where we can get shows easily, mediafire.com seems decent.  plus it's free.

if you have shows that you want to upload chillin on your HD, feel free to do it without asking.  it's for all of us to enjoy.

::disclaimer:: mp3 shows are not to be used for trading.

uploader login:
user: mymorningjacket@yahoo.com
pass: jacket

the more the merrier.
--------------------------------

http://www.mediafire.com/mymorningjacket

--------------------------------
My Morning Jacket
January 24, 2004
Canal Club
Richmond, Virginia

Source:Matrix: Schoeps CMC6/mk41(fob/dfc)>V2 + sbd>Mackie 1202vlz>minime>dap1
Recorded by: Monty Allen/Carrington Crawford/Craig Davis
Transfer: DA-20 -> Audiophile 2496 ->Soundforge 6.0(48->44.1) ->CDWAV->flacfrontend->flac
Transfer by Jay Morris(jaymorris814@hotmail.com)
Seeded by: Craig Davis

One Set
Disc One:
1.Mahgeetah
2.Dancefloors
3.Picture of You
4.The Way That He Sings
5.Lowdown
6.Just One Thing
7.Sooner
8.One Big Holiday
9.I Will Sing You Songs
10.Phone Went West

Disc Two
1.Steam Engine
2.Golden (Jim solo)
3.Bermuda Highway (Jim solo)
4.Xmas Curtain
5.The War Begun
6.Run Thru

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

no prob hope people upload other shows, would be awesome.  :-*

Bumbeli

Great idea
Just one question, is the quality of FLAC really so superior to mp3? I use to download mp3 as I want to play it on my ipod, but if FLAC is so much better maybe I should switch to it
Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

searchinbig

QuoteGreat idea
Just one question, is the quality of FLAC really so superior to mp3? I use to download mp3 as I want to play it on my ipod, but if FLAC is so much better maybe I should switch to it

Yes. Flac is the original file with the original sound quality and, imho, is what should be traded only. The individual listener should convert the files to whatever they like. Let me explain. Without proper cataloging of the original flac files, the trading pool can become polluted. By that I mean files can be continually degraded to the point that they become distorted, etc.

Just my purist opinion, thats all. I know many will disagree.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

goose

QuoteGreat idea

Yes. Flac is the original file with the original sound quality and, imho, is what should be traded only. The individual listener should convert the files to whatever they like. Let me explain. Without proper cataloging of the original flac files, the trading pool can become polluted. By that I mean files can be continually degraded to the point that they become distorted, etc.

The only problem I see with this is there are a lot of village idiots like me out there who don't know how to do all that shit.  I guess if I sat down I could figure it out, but I like to get my music and go.  Maybe I will figure it out someday.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteGreat idea

I think this is bound to happen, the same as it does for any other band with heavy taping, Phish, DMB, whatever.  I agree Flacs should be used for trading and mp3s for personal use.

but, I don't see the practicality for some listeners to download the flacs if they're not burning the files to CD.

if your personal goal is to put a show on your ipod to listen to it (which is my case at the moment) I don't really understand the fuss.  as long as the mp3s are encoded at at least 256 or 320 they sound just about as good.

I think people who trade will always be able to find good quality shows from other traders who are down with the same quality issues.  in a lot of cases that's why you trade, to get bomb shows you couldn't get otherwise.  the likely hood of a trader needing a heavily circulated show that's been converted to mp3 seems highly unlikely.  I think people who trade a lot are smart enough and usually know their connect to some degree before hand.  

since a lot of trading is probably based online now anyways, you literally see what you're downloading.  if it says .mp3 and you aren't down let the person know they shouldn't be trading it.

its a debatable issue but I think it was more of a big deal 4 or 5 years ago when shit wasn't so heavily moved online if that makes any sense.

all I wanted to do was upload a show for people who like having good quality shows on their ipods or computers.  the statistics are showing people are only downloading certain songs anyways.  which is fine with me, some people don't have the room for an entire show and maybe just want to hear the kick ass version of "phone went west" or something.

blah blah I still have the flac, I'll see what up when I get home.

searchinbig

QuoteGreat idea

I think this is bound to happen, the same as it does for any other band with heavy taping, Phish, DMB, whatever.  I agree Flacs should be used for trading and mp3s for personal use.

but, I don't see the practicality for some listeners to download the flacs if they're not burning the files to CD.

if your personal goal is to put a show on your ipod to listen to it (which is my case at the moment) I don't really understand the fuss.  as long as the mp3s are encoded at at least 256 or 320 they sound just about as good.

I think people who trade will always be able to find good quality shows from other traders who are down with the same quality issues.  in a lot of cases that's why you trade, to get bomb shows you couldn't get otherwise.  the likely hood of a trader needing a heavily circulated show that's been converted to mp3 seems highly unlikely.  I think people who trade a lot are smart enough and usually know their connect to some degree before hand.  

since a lot of trading is probably based online now anyways, you literally see what you're downloading.  if it says .mp3 and you aren't down let the person know they shouldn't be trading it.

its a debatable issue but I think it was more of a big deal 4 or 5 years ago when shit wasn't so heavily moved online if that makes any sense.

all I wanted to do was upload a show for people who like having good quality shows on their ipods or computers.  the statistics are showing people are only downloading certain songs anyways.  which is fine with me, some people don't have the room for an entire show and maybe just want to hear the kick ass version of "phone went west" or something.

I think these days you will find most people agree with you, I'm the anal one!

And I'm sure everyone does appreciate your effort here.  :)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

josh2

I chimed in on the Pemberton one too. I agree that the original "traded" files should be the highest quality, but I typically shy away from listening to things that aren't streaming MP3's on archive.org. That's just a good place to keep a whole collection and it's fun to peruse, like the cereal aisle at the supermarket.

Just my two cents.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteGreat idea

I think these days you will find most people agree with you, I'm the anal one!

And I'm sure everyone does appreciate your effort here.  :)

you're not anal, you're just thinking long term which I'm sure a lot of us will be thanking you and others like you for in the years to come.  i also left the access for anyone just in case the taper saw it and was pissed they could delete it.  

I totally completely understand the quality thing, I definitely don't want to dirty up shit.  especially when it's just starting to really get going.  hahah stoner rant.  peace everybody, enjoy the show.  support the tapers and always be thankful, they definitely deserve our gratitude and thanks for all the effort, money, and time put into pumping all of these shows out.  it's really cool to see and be a part of as it blossoms and stuff.  maybe someday, some rich fan will buy a private server and host every my morning jacket show ever recorded.  1... 2..years?  we'll see.  must listen to shows, must eat music.

slimkim

this show was my introduction to the band. went to the canal club on a whim. what a whim...

there's a pool and a pond... pond's good for you...