My Morning Jacket Charlotte 7/8/2017

Started by Lonndown27, Jul 11, 2017, 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

for a 17 song show, they still deliver 2 hours worth of pure soul melting rock and roll, my apologies for not understanding how damn good this band is at every turn, I shouldn't doubt them again.

full filmed show by Josh Daniel, make sure to subscribe and / or like the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTVhSEHa6Ow

highlights so far for me:

that END JAM of I'm Amazed right after Jim's solo IS JUST OUTRAGEOUSLY COOL!!!! I love when they breathe new life into the warhorses (meaning Wordless, Victory, Rekkid, etc the "hits") this is absolutely otherworldly cool guys and gals. I hope everyone gets a chance to hear that, listen to the whole version of the song, it just COOOOOOKS

also Jim saying "this one's for the moon" before Circuital.

the lonesome train whistles in the back at the beginning of Circuital actually add a cool ambience to me, Jim works with it.

:beer: :beer:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

hoojack

After the amazed/circuital combo I remember looking at my buddy with a shit eating grin and saying holy shit I don't even like those two songs.  The set list doesn't really do the show justice as you said.

Also as an aside the guy who recorded this is a local charlotte musician. He's done some pretty cool dead covers and always sounds great when I've heard him around town.  Charlotte peeps check him out if you get a chance. If you're not local check out some of his other videos.

Lonndown27

Quote from: hoojack on Jul 11, 2017, 10:20 PM
After the amazed/circuital combo I remember looking at my buddy with a shit eating grin and saying holy shit I don't even like those two songs.  The set list doesn't really do the show justice as you said.

Also as an aside the guy who recorded this is a local charlotte musician. He's done some pretty cool dead covers and always sounds great when I've heard him around town.  Charlotte peeps check him out if you get a chance. If you're not local check out some of his other videos.

THANK YOU DOOD i'll check that out!!! I know wasn't that disgusting??? I'm Amazed isn't one of my favorites, I loved it like crazy in 2008 but got sick of it by 2012, but now i'm loving this new spin on it, makes it fresh to me again. Circuital always is fresh to me, it's just a matter of timing, when and where it's played can ruin it for me.

The setlists NEVER do the Jacket justice. Even when it looks like a tasty setlist you never realize how great it is until you delve in and either experience it in person or listen to it later or see them going crazy through the footage.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018