MMJ 2017.07.14 Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD

Started by opsopcopolis, Jul 15, 2017, 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPP

Quote from: MMJTX on Jul 15, 2021, 08:24 AMPWW is such a quintessential jacket tune, it is so special to me (and i'm not even a big reggae guy at all), couple of years back some buddies and i were on a bachelor party, partaking in some hallucinogenics, watching the sunset, i put on PWW live from RR 2016 and everyone was just silent listening, watching, loving it. A lot of them are jacket fans so wasn't that hard, but since then it has kind of become tradition when we are toegether on a guys trip watching the sunset one night.

Lol, hallucinogenic sunsets with PWW and best buds should be everyone's tradition. 

I agree, been on sort of a mission trying to get the unaware in my life to at least hear this band, preferably at a show.  Virtually all like them on first listen, but so did I.  It wasn't until this PWW 2017 MPP moment, that it went from like to must hear it all, any chance I can.

My efforts worked on my older brother, his moment was that unreal Carried Away at the Broomfield NYE run.

PWW IMHO might be the best example how they take a good album song, and rework into a majestic, no-one-does-this-shit-anymore stunner live.

MMJTX

Anytime

APR

Quote from: MPP on Jul 16, 2021, 04:46 PM
Quote from: APR on Jul 16, 2021, 03:04 PMMe too.  I stayed up a little too late last night because of this. Great audio! I totally agree about the Spring/OTR overlap.  I was at this show.  Great setlist too!

It was an awesome setlist!  Great version of SOTA.  Guessing you've been at all the DC area shows I've seen since 2015, we were talking about it during that Slim's-Pearl Jam bootleg discussion.  Maybe we'll get to meet up IRL if you're going Sept 7.

Yes definitely to the meet up!.  I'm there Sept 7.  I'll send you a PM, and we'll arrange.

I was listening to a podcast with Stone, and they were talking about that secret Slims show.

Lonndown27

best setlist outside of Cincy of the slightly disappointing 2017 summer tour.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018