2015 Red Rocks Poster

Started by excel, Sep 13, 2017, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

excel

Anyone interested in buying the 2015 Red Rocks Poster. I have 2 of them.

MMJTX

Anytime

excel

Haven't decided just yet. I have already got some interest on Reddit and I am trying to get a consensus of how much people would be willing to pay. I have noticed some MMJ posters go for a lot of money on ebay. I thought i would try on here and reddit first to make sure it goes to a true fan and not someone looking to flip it for a profit. Is there an offer you could make and I could compare it to the offers I get on Reddit?

millerjustin

you should provide details on whether FOIL or regular and the numbering

check expressobeans for value, but I'd guess maybe $75 for regular and perhaps $150 for FOIL. 

I bought the last FOIL at the show and have it framed at home
What's in here won't disappear

walterfredo

Also, I think it's a bit of a slippery slope when folks post something for sale with a "what are you willing to pay for it" position. Especially when you are saying others are also sending you offers, somewhat of a silent auction that doesn't lend itself well to honest positive interactions. I am in no way implying that excel is any way dishonest or has bad intentions!! I don't think that at all.

I'm a member of another forum that deals with posters, and they have a firm rule that when you are selling something you set a price and post it...or, you take it to Ebay if you want to run an auction. Obviously I don't make any rules around here, just sharing my general opinion toward the down side of the "send me an offer" approach.

MMJTX

Quote from: walterfredo on Sep 14, 2017, 11:01 AM
Also, I think it's a bit of a slippery slope when folks post something for sale with a "what are you willing to pay for it" position. Especially when you are saying others are also sending you offers, somewhat of a silent auction that doesn't lend itself well to honest positive interactions. I am in no way implying that excel is any way dishonest or has bad intentions!! I don't think that at all.

I'm a member of another forum that deals with posters, and they have a firm rule that when you are selling something you set a price and post it...or, you take it to Ebay if you want to run an auction. Obviously I don't make any rules around here, just sharing my general opinion toward the down side of the "send me an offer" approach.

good point, by all means excel, go for what you want out of it, but if you're looking for more than $100 im probably going to pass. I have a copy of this poster i got from the artist presale but wanted to get one for my buddy that came with me to the show, it was he and I's first RR show and it was his first MMJ show!
Anytime

APR

Well said walterfredo.   And it's a slam dunk reassurance to know that the poster will go to a good home if MMJTIX gets it, which hopefully will happen at a fair number for you and excel.

johnnYYac

We haven't set any rules here on posters, though I generally like the idea that the MMJ Forum keeps tickets at face value and posters at a fair price. If I want to see how much I can get for a poster, I go to eBay. If I want to help a fellow fan, I ask for the price I paid, plus $20 for shipping and "handling". If its something of significant market value. like a Burwell, I look to Expresso Beans for its value.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

excel

:shocked: Well now I feel a little silly about my approach. I haven't dealt with many posters before and only own 3 MMJ posters. I by no means want to rip anyone off but also love this poster and that's why it has taken me 2 years to even think about letting it go. One is on my wall already and there is a chance I will hang the second one in the new cannabis dispensary I am planning to open. However I am a little strapped for cash these days (especially after buying OBH4 tickets) so I am selling some of my belongings. I feel a little overwhelmed with this situation now...

I guess for me I would be most interested in selling it to someone who was actually at the show but wasn't able to get one. I was unable to get one myself but due to the high demand I was able to get in on the second edition release. So if you were at the show and really want this poster please let me know and we can discuss further.

MMJTX

Quote from: excel on Sep 14, 2017, 03:11 PM
:shocked: Well now I feel a little silly about my approach. I haven't dealt with many posters before and only own 3 MMJ posters. I by no means want to rip anyone off but also love this poster and that's why it has taken me 2 years to even think about letting it go. One is on my wall already and there is a chance I will hang the second one in the new cannabis dispensary I am planning to open. However I am a little strapped for cash these days (especially after buying OBH4 tickets) so I am selling some of my belongings. I feel a little overwhelmed with this situation now...

I guess for me I would be most interested in selling it to someone who was actually at the show but wasn't able to get one. I was unable to get one myself but due to the high demand I was able to get in on the second edition release. So if you were at the show and really want this poster please let me know and we can discuss further.

Don't feel silly man! you were in the right place looking for a fan to sell it too. I was "hoping" since you said you already had one that you were just looking to offload it for a decent price to a fan, but i am all about getting fair market value so i think you should definitely find what a price that you want for it and let the people know! I'll be thinking about it but hopefully you can get your price!
Anytime

johnnYYac

As Walter said, we honor your intentions. Its just sparked debate on how to use the Forum for poster transactions.

I would suggest we start a thread to discuss Forum etiquette for poster sales, similar to the discussion around tickets that set our simple guidelines. I'll start the thread and pin it for input.

Thanks for making this sought-after poster available, excel. It is important to let us know if its a foil, as the image shows, or not. That makes a big difference on value.

walterfredo

Quote from: excel on Sep 14, 2017, 03:11 PM
Well now I feel a little silly about my approach.

absolutely nothing to feel silly about. And like I said, I was in no means questioning your intentions. I was just voicing an opinion on how these types of approaches aren't always the best on forums.

I completely understand needing money, and wanting to get top dollar for something that has a value associated with it. I was an avid (and that's describing it lightly) poster collector for over a decade, and my interest in posters has waned, other than shows I attend. Over the past year or so I have sold off about 90% of my collection, and at a time when I was in need of cash for home repairs. I Ebay'd almost all of them and don't feel shitty about it at all!

walterfredo

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 14, 2017, 04:18 PM
I would suggest we start a thread to discuss Forum etiquette for poster sales, similar to the discussion around tickets that set our simple guidelines. I'll start the thread and pin it for input.

to further the discussion a bit, on the "other forum" site I mentioned above, there is a long-time debate over after market prices for tickets vs. after market prices for posters. And while I can see both sides of the debate... both cost X amount of money when purchased, both are now worth Y amount of money on Ebay/stubhub, etc. The overwhelming consensus among the (phish) fans on the other forum is that a ticket's value is directly tied to date and experience and should not appreciate, while a poster's value can continue to rise (or fall) over time and it can continue to hold value over long periods of time. You can buy a poster for $150 and sell it again for the same price (or more or less) a year later. If you buy a concert ticket for $150 it is worth $0 a year later.

Who knows, maybe this all totally hypocritical shit. But I think we all agree that selling tix over face is just a dicky move. As is, in my opinion, buying posters with the sole purpose of selling them on Ebay, like the A-hole(s) at Red Rocks last year!

johnnYYac

Quote from: walterfredo on Sep 14, 2017, 04:46 PM

to further the discussion a bit, on the "other forum" site I mentioned above, there is a long-time debate over after market prices for tickets vs. after market prices for posters. And while I can see both sides of the debate... both cost X amount of money when purchased, both are now worth Y amount of money on Ebay/stubhub, etc. The overwhelming consensus among the (phish) fans on the other forum is that a ticket's value is directly tied to date and experience and should not appreciate, while a poster's value can continue to rise (or fall) over time and it can continue to hold value over long periods of time. You can buy a poster for $150 and sell it again for the same price (or more or less) a year later. If you buy a concert ticket for $150 it is worth $0 a year later.

Who knows, maybe this all totally hypocritical shit. But I think we all agree that selling tix over face is just a dicky move. As is, in my opinion, buying posters with the sole purpose of selling them on Ebay, like the A-hole(s) at Red Rocks last year!
Amen!

rkwedge

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 14, 2017, 04:50 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Sep 14, 2017, 04:46 PM

Amen!
Agree 100% with this also. It's not just Red Rocks last year either, I seen posters on ebay that night or the next day from almost every show they did this summer. I know they can't police who buys them but maybe a limit of 2 at most should be enforced at these shows. I have gladly bought posters for other people on this forum at shows but would never consider profiting from it. Maybe I have to much respect for people in general but for sure the artists.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Laurenmychael

Hey there! I know I am super late to this party, but if you still have an extra of this 2015 Red Rocks poster, I would love to buy it from you. I was at this show, and I met my husband at a camping trip the very next day. Since then, we have started collecting and framing posters from concerts and events that have had a role in our relationship as well as those for our kids' first concerts and festivals. This would make an incredible addition to the collection. Let me know if you still have it and are still open to parting with it! Thank you! - Lauren