Jim w/ Louisville Orchestra - 4/7/2018 - Kentucky Center - Roll Call

Started by Mr. White, Sep 15, 2017, 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

http://www.kentuckycenter.org/all-shows/select-tickets?performanceID=15560&pageID=5e88cfb5-31a0-6cc4-9a84-ff00001988fd

Louisville, KY – The Louisville Orchestra is delighted to announce that Jim James of My Morning Jacket will perform with the Louisville Orchestra on Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 8PM at the Kentucky Center. Scheduled as part of the Orchestra's "Classics Series" sponsored by Brown-Forman, the concert, titled "Kentucky Classics," was already announced and is currently on sale.

James will perform with the orchestra in a set of his original songs orchestrated by LO Music Director, Teddy Abrams. The two have hoped to collaborate for years in an orchestral performance.

The concert on April 7, 2018, also features the orchestra performing a Louisville premiere of Natural History by Michael Gordon under the direction of Teddy Abrams. The piece, written to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the United States National Parks Service, honors the beauty and grandeur of the American National Parks. A selection from the 2017 Grawemeyer Composition First Place Award winning work Play by Andrew Norman will also be performed by the Orchestra.

Tickets are $58 to $27 and are available at the only authorized LO ticket ventor: Kentucky Center Ticket Office (501 W. Main, Louisville) by calling 502.584.7777 or 800.775.7777 or online at KentuckyCenter.org. Concert details are available at LouisvilleOrchestra.org.

LOUISVILLE ORCHESTRA
PLAY: FESTIVAL OF AMERICAN MUSIC 1
SAT 07 APR 2018
8PM  |  Kentucky Center

Jim James, guest artist
Teddy Abrams, conductor

http://louisvilleky.com/jim-james-morning-jacket-perform-louisville-orchestra/
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

LBSUNFLWR

I think it sounds pretty cool and I'd like to go. It's just hard to plan something so far in the future...

slappymoe

assuming i survive Punta Cana.......i'll be there. thanks for posting!

Roll Call

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe +3

midwesterner

Very tempting.  I went to both fo the MMJ Boston Pops shows and those were very cool.

robb

i bought tickets, so for now at least:

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe +3
3. robb + 1
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

ditty

100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

rmpotsy

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe +3
3. robb + 1
4. ditty + Mrs.
5. Rmpotsies
out go the lights it begins

DayDrinkin

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe +3
3. robb + 1
4. ditty + Mrs.
5. Rmpotsies
6. Daydrinkin + 1

Mike D

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe +3
3. robb + 1
4. ditty + Mrs.
5. Rmpotsies
6. Daydrinkin + 1
7. Mike D +1

louisvilledanahys

Whoops.  Didn't see that these had gone on sale.  Not sure if I want to pull the trigger, but who and I kidding?

Tee Vegas

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe +3
3. robb + 1
4. ditty + Mrs.
5. Rmpotsies
6. Daydrinkin + 1
7. Mike D +1
8. Tee Vegas +1

MateoDeKY

I ended up getting 2 balcony seats. I think this will be really cool. Does anybody have any idea how long Jims set will be?

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe +3
3. robb + 1
4. ditty + Mrs.
5. Rmpotsies
6. Daydrinkin + 1
7. Mike D +1
8. Tee Vegas +1
9. MateoDeKY +1
Our earthly bodies will surely fall, But the love we share outlives us all

sue smith

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe +3
3. robb + 1
4. ditty + Mrs.
5. Rmpotsies
6. Daydrinkin + 1
7. Mike D +1
8. Tee Vegas +1
9. MateoDeKY +1
10. Sue and Dan Smith

PookdaddyG

I got tickets for myself and the missus a couple of months ago! Im pretty exited to see this show.

jttouch2

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe +3
3. robb + 1
4. ditty + Mrs.
5. Rmpotsies
6. Daydrinkin + 1
7. Mike D +1
8. Tee Vegas +1
9. MateoDeKY +1
10. Sue and Dan Smith
11. jttouch2 +1

What do you guys expect Jim to play at the orchestra show next week? He said "new music, a few covers, and a few chart-topping hits" on instagram, so I imagine it'll be something like

State of the Art
A New Life
Here in Spirit
We Ain't Gettin' Any Younger
I Just Wasn't Made for These Times
The Order of Nature (the new piece)
Eternally Even

whatever it is, I'm super stoked to see it go down!!! Jim (and MMJ) has put some really cool string parts into his music, I can't imagine how awesome it'll be to have a full symphony orchestra backing him.

MMJTX

Anytime

Stevie

That article indicates that theremay be some sort of official after-show kind of thing going on.  Maybe i read it wrong.  Sounds intriguing though.

BH

1. Walking in the Snow   
2. Here in Spirit   (EE)
3. The Human Touch [Charles Reuben]   
4. In Demand   
5. Back to the End of the World   
6. Who am I? [Leonard Bernstein]   
7. Over and Over (Unreleased Original)   
8. Set it to Song   
9. Same Old Lie   (EE)

I think Over and Over is a new song but what about track 1, 4, 5 and 8?   Are those new?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MateoDeKY

It looks like the took the recording of the show from Funk-It Blog off of Soundcloud. Does anybody have any idea when they will be releasing the audio and dvd they mentioned? I thought every song was fantastic and cant wait to listen to it again.
Our earthly bodies will surely fall, But the love we share outlives us all