Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

walterfredo

parkervb

Let's go 'Bron! Back against the wall like 2016
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: parkervb on May 25, 2018, 10:05 AM
Let's go 'Bron! Back against the wall like 2016

It's going to be fun!  Also less surprising if the Cavs win this series compared to the '16 Finals.  He doesn't have Kyrie this time, and the Celtics don't have the lineup or the most wins ever like the Warriors had then.  I really hope he pulls out another win.  A Rockets-Celtics series doesn't have the same spark as Warriors-Cavs rematch.

Come Closer

Maybe not the same spark, but probably a more entertaining and competitive series I would guess. I think GS steamrolls this Cavs team worse than last year.

parkervb

Celtics shot themselves out of the game...well, Terry Rozier & Jaylen Brown going 3-22 from 3 shot them out of the game. I can't think that was part of the gameplan.

Lebron did what he had to (incl getting some generous calls/non-calls) and he's now won 6 straight games 7. Not bad.

One more game 7 to go. I think Warriors win handily.

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on May 08, 2018, 11:26 PM
Rockets over Dubs in 7

Anything is posssssiiiiiibbbblllleeeeeeee!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

rkwedge

Cavs-Dubs round 4. Houston put up a good effort, just seemed to run out of steam. I don't feel the Cavs have a chance, same as last year, Dubs in 5
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

Quote from: rkwedge on May 29, 2018, 12:23 AM
Cavs-Dubs round 4. Houston put up a good effort, just seemed to run out of steam. I don't feel the Cavs have a chance, same as last year, Dubs in 5

is "run out of steam" a euphemism for "missing 27 straight 3s"? for real, it's one of the craziest things I've ever seen to miss 27 straight 3s.

Warriors in 6

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on May 29, 2018, 09:54 AM

is "run out of steam" a euphemism for "missing 27 straight 3s"? for real, it's one of the craziest things I've ever seen to miss 27 straight 3s.

Warriors in 6

I hear ya Parker. They were chipping the paint off those rims last night with those bricks. Embarrassing shooting for any team let alone one at home in a game 7 of a Conference final.

And boy oh boy did Harden leave the court quick when it was over. So much for poor shooting "not mattering". Lol
"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

Cavs-Dubs round 4. Houston put up a good effort, just seemed to run out of steam. I don’t feel the Cavs have a chance, same as last year, Dubs in 5

Warriors in 6
HaHa exactly, you lose your legs the long jumper is the first thing to go!

Harden sure didn't make any new fans either with that qiuck exit from the court. Like you said earlier ericm "need to see Paul and Harden show up for a whole big time series" and we didn't.

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on May 29, 2018, 10:47 AM

Warriors in 6
HaHa exactly, you lose your legs the long jumper is the first thing to go!

Harden sure didn't make any new fans either with that qiuck exit from the court. Like you said earlier ericm "need to see Paul and Harden show up for a whole big time series" and we didn't.

Yup. Harden got his 32 or whatever he finished with but they sure were a quiet 32. What did it take to get them? It seemed like he took a ton of shots.

No doubt the loss of CP for games 6 and 7 hurt them but I don't want to hear that excuse. There's no guarantee they would've won had he played, yet I'm sure we'll hear that out of them all offseason.
"Where's Jim going?"

iLikeBeer

Quote from: ericm on May 29, 2018, 11:02 AM
No doubt the loss of CP for games 6 and 7 hurt them but I don't want to hear that excuse. There's no guarantee they would've won had he played, yet I'm sure we'll hear that out of them all offseason.

It's not really an excuse though.  CP3 was arguably Houston's best player in this series.  It's tough to overcome an injury of that magnitude against a team as good as Golden State.

Let's say Steph or Clay goes down in the finals and the Cavs somehow would go on to win.  You don't think everyone would be saying the Cavs won BUT...

And one last thing, LeBron is far and away the MVP this season and that is even MORE obvious after watching the performances of LeBron and Harden in the conference finals.  One went on the road and led his team to a win in game 7, the other disappeared in a home game in a loss in game 7.  Too bad the people that vote for it can't figure it out...

APR

Playoff performances don't factor into MVP voting, but I still agree LeBron should be MVP.  It's Harden's turn so he'll get it.  LeBron deserves a few more MVPs as did Kobe (who only got one).

Boston and Houston both had terrible nights shooting when it mattered most.  It happens.   Injuries happen too.  Warriors beat Cleveland without Kyrie and Love, Houston without Paul, and the Spurs without Leonard.  They're lucky and good.

Warriors in 5 if Igoudala is back...... maybe it goes to 6 if he is out.  I'm just glad I get to watch LeBron more, and it would be insane if he could pull out an upset.

Come Closer

parkervb

QuoteLet's say Steph or Clay goes down in the finals and the Cavs somehow would go on to win.  You don't think everyone would be saying the Cavs won BUT...

This already happens with Draymond missing game 5 in 2016.

ericm

Quote from: iLikeBeer on May 29, 2018, 11:45 AM
Quote from: ericm on May 29, 2018, 11:02 AM

It's not really an excuse though.  CP3 was arguably Houston's best player in this series.  It's tough to overcome an injury of that magnitude against a team as good as Golden State.

Let's say Steph or Clay goes down in the finals and the Cavs somehow would go on to win.  You don't think everyone would be saying the Cavs won BUT...

And one last thing, LeBron is far and away the MVP this season and that is even MORE obvious after watching the performances of LeBron and Harden in the conference finals.  One went on the road and led his team to a win in game 7, the other disappeared in a home game in a loss in game 7.  Too bad the people that vote for it can't figure it out...

Too easy and a cop out imo. It would be different if they proved themselves in the past like GS and suffered an injury like you describe but CP and Harden haven't won squat. While they might've won if CP played, I don't want to hear them say they would've as if it was a certainty. I could just as easily say with certainty CP would've choked. Until they prove themselves as winners, to me they'll be looked at as always coming up short when it matters.
"Where's Jim going?"

Murph

Very strange series.  I don't remember two series going 7 games that each had so many blowouts one way or the other.

If somehow, someway Lebron can pull this out I'm ready to call him to GOAT (Warriors in 5 is my prediction though)

parkervb