2019 Jim solo shows

Started by walterfredo, Nov 19, 2018, 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRoy286

Quote from: mymorningcatnip on Jan 29, 2019, 10:43 AM
Maybe I'm the biggest hater but I'm really over Jim solo. The last round just didn't do it for me. Saying this out loud is breaking. my. heart. Mama needs her jacket back   :cry:

Sorry to be such a debbie downer.
I loved that he finally did a solo acoustic tour - the Chicago show gave me some true jacket feels. But I couldn't care less about him playing with a different band. Listen to Throwback from Red Rocks 2016, then listen to a Jim solo band version...yikes.

MMJTX

Dallas!! Woohoo. Thank god he's not playing at House of Blues
Anytime

logan5ive

Quote from: MMJTX on Jan 29, 2019, 11:48 AM

Let me know if you find out what the presale code is for tomorrow.
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

PJAMVedder

yes what are the codes???

gardenparty

Yeah, i'm sitting out the Jim solo tours.  Bring back the Jacket

Bought all the solo records, saw him a couple times since last MMJ gig.
Pretty bored with him now

MMJTX

Quote from: logan5ive on Jan 29, 2019, 01:50 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on Jan 29, 2019, 11:48 AM

Let me know if you find out what the presale code is for tomorrow.

Will do! so pumped that it's going to be at Granada
Anytime

APR

Exciting news today!  It didn't say anything about codes for the pre sale, but if anyone learns of any, please post.  I'll do the same if I hear.  9:30 Club will be a great one.  I'm surprised it's there considering the last band show was at the Warner Theater and the previous solo acoustic was the Lincoln Theater. 

midwesterner

I will be doing Dallas and Austin.

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

mymorningcatnip

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jan 29, 2019, 11:47 AM
Quote from: mymorningcatnip on Jan 29, 2019, 10:43 AM
Maybe I'm the biggest hater but I'm really over Jim solo. The last round just didn't do it for me. Saying this out loud is breaking. my. heart. Mama needs her jacket back   :cry:

Sorry to be such a debbie downer.
I loved that he finally did a solo acoustic tour - the Chicago show gave me some true jacket feels. But I couldn't care less about him playing with a different band. Listen to Throwback from Red Rocks 2016, then listen to a Jim solo band version...yikes.

Agreed on Throwback! I was at that show and when I heard it (I had maybe only heard it once previously) I was like HOLY SHIT THIS IS MY JAM! I play it all the time. It is so incredible, I was surprised to see it pop on his solo work and not as a Jacket song.

pjfan04101

I'm wondering if he is going to stick solely with his solo stuff or if he'll mix in some Jacket songs as well?  Might be weird playing MMJ songs with a different band. 

jttouch2

Quote from: pjfan04101 on Jan 30, 2019, 09:36 AM
I'm wondering if he is going to stick solely with his solo stuff or if he'll mix in some Jacket songs as well?  Might be weird playing MMJ songs with a different band.

I think he said on his 2013 tour that he stopped playing Jacket songs without the boys because it felt weird. obviously solo acoustic settings are a bit different but I can't imagine he mixes in full band jacket tunes with this group.

robb

after the clusterfuck of getting red rocks tickets, it was nice to grab these no problem.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

PJAMVedder

THROWBACK for today's presale code, from Spotify

Derek713

Got mine easy peasy, and I love The Heights Theater! I wish the Austin show wasn't the day before mother's day, or I would do it too.

AKS

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jan 30, 2019, 10:13 AM

I think he said on his 2013 tour that he stopped playing Jacket songs without the boys because it felt weird. obviously solo acoustic settings are a bit different but I can't imagine he mixes in full band jacket tunes with this group.

The "Plus Selections From His Entire Catalogue" makes you wonder if that just means his other solo stuff or Jacket songs. If it is Jacket material, for some reason I feel like it will only be some select stuff off The Tennessee Fire. Pure speculation. I got my tickets for his Michigan date today but the real treat comes in August!

midwesterner

Quote from: AKS on Jan 30, 2019, 11:14 AM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Jan 30, 2019, 10:13 AM

The "Plus Selections From His Entire Catalogue" makes you wonder if that just means his other solo stuff or Jacket songs. If it is Jacket material, for some reason I feel like it will only be some select stuff off The Tennessee Fire. Pure speculation. I got my tickets for his Michigan date today but the real treat comes in August!

I am guessing like the other solo band tours it will only be solo material with maybe 1 or 2 MMJ acoustic songs per show.

EBoston66

Muchas Muchas Gracias!!!!!  I venture to Ashville to see friends and music as much as possible.  Was at Warren's Xmas Jam last 3 years.  Yim was great this year and the bonus Orangepeel show on Sunday was once in a lifetime.  Been missing the Jacket!  3 shows for 2019???  Hopefully this will fill the gap, a bit.  Crazy thing, Tame Impala is in town the same night at the Arena.  Hmmmmm???
Thanks again, Peace.

pjfan04101

Yeah, I could see a Wonderful, Bermuda Highway, Golden, ect possibly after the encore. I bet he'll limit it mostly to that. 

Cameron

Bought Houston and Austin. Pumped.