2019 Albums - What's good coming out next year?

Started by APR, Dec 15, 2018, 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crooney

william tyler - goes west.  released in a couple weeks.

new hiss golden messenger.

Cameron

Hoptimus Prime

Excited to hear the rest of Mayonnaise (Deer Tick), out 2/1.
New Tedeschi/Trucks "Signs" is out 2/15
Hoping for news on BNQT Vol. 2
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

sillyboob

Quote from: Hoptimus Prime on Jan 17, 2019, 06:55 PM

Right there with you on the new Deer Tick.  Curious about the new BNQT - do you know if it's new vocalists or the same guys as before?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Hoptimus Prime

Quote from: sillyboob on Jan 17, 2019, 07:01 PM
Quote from: Hoptimus Prime on Jan 17, 2019, 06:55 PM

Right there with you on the new Deer Tick.  Curious about the new BNQT - do you know if it's new vocalists or the same guys as before?

The two "rumored" additions I was excited about were Shakey Graves and John Paul White...

Hoptimus Prime

Jason Lytle seems to be more active in the area, playing a solo show for NoisePop in SF soon.  I heard a few years ago he had an Elliott Smith related project in the works, then BNQT got announced.  I'll buy just about anything he does, but would REALLY love to see what he can do with ES material.

LBSUNFLWR

Just got the new Steve Gunn last night. I'm excited to check it out. Anybody heard it?

Crispy

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 18, 2019, 11:05 AM
Just got the new Steve Gunn last night. I'm excited to check it out. Anybody heard it?

I got the LP a couple days ago and I love it -- though so far for me it doesn't have stuff quite as groovy as that on Eyes or Way Out, but the songs are deep and juicy. He is a damn geetar wizard and I can't wait to see him this spring!
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

sillyboob

Quote from: Hoptimus Prime on Jan 17, 2019, 07:39 PM
Jason Lytle seems to be more active in the area, playing a solo show for NoisePop in SF soon.  I heard a few years ago he had an Elliott Smith related project in the works, then BNQT got announced.  I'll buy just about anything he does, but would REALLY love to see what he can do with ES material.

Have you heard the Admiral Radley album?  I dig it.  Jason & Aaron Butch from Grandaddy teamed up with Aaron Espinoza (he did the the soundtrack for This Is Your Day with Jason) and Ariana Murray of Earlimart (another great band).  I was lucky enough to see them open for Band Of Horses many years back in Vegas, they put on a great show.

Lucius

I'm excited that Foals are releasing two albums this year. "Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost" Parts 1 & 2. First volume coming in March with the second later this year. Hoping to finally catch them live this year too, I've heard great things!

Also hoping/anticipating/awaiting announcements for new records from Blondie, Lucius, Band of Skulls, Kaiser Chiefs, Hot Chip, Santigold and Ladyhawke who have all been teasing studio time.

The new White Lies album is also shaping up quite well. I'm seeing them Feb 1st in Bristol, can't wait. Solid live act! They're not at all 'highly regarded' in the UK Alt scene but I have a huge soft spot for them!

it wouldn't be a party without you

cshum372

Deerhunter's new album is really gorgeous, and I also am enjoying the new Guster release. :P

Hoptimus Prime

Quote from: sillyboob on Jan 18, 2019, 05:19 PM

Have you heard the Admiral Radley album?  I dig it.  Jason & Aaron Butch from Grandaddy teamed up with Aaron Espinoza (he did the the soundtrack for This Is Your Day with Jason) and Ariana Murray of Earlimart (another great band).  I was lucky enough to see them open for Band Of Horses many years back in Vegas, they put on a great show.

I Heart California I assume?  I liked it a lot.  Oh man, would have loved to see that show in Vegas.  My first Grandaddy show back in the day was my last Elliott Smith show.  They're very different, but it made for a kickass night.  I still have some free Grandaddy bottle openers from the merch stand.

sillyboob

Quote from: Hoptimus Prime on Jan 21, 2019, 01:27 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Jan 18, 2019, 05:19 PM

I Heart California I assume?  I liked it a lot.  Oh man, would have loved to see that show in Vegas.  My first Grandaddy show back in the day was my last Elliott Smith show.  They're very different, but it made for a kickass night.  I still have some free Grandaddy bottle openers from the merch stand.

Yup - I Heart California and more.  Good stuff, and a great show.  Was lucky enough to see Grandaddy with Earlimart opening back in 2012.

Murph

Apparently we're getting a new one from Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.  I know I'm late, but I got so into him this year.  Hope this new album brings a new tour. 

Cameron

First song off Isbell produced Josh Ritter rekkid. Tour also announced today.

https://youtu.be/37jimrogxMw

cshum372

The debut album by Better Oblivion Community Center ( Conor Oberst and Phobe Bridgers) is a masterpiece to my humble ears- I'm a huge Conor fan, and this is my favorite thing he has done in years. I'm loving every track!

LovelyFix

I love to travel. If you have somewhere cool, that is where you will find me.

jttouch2

Quote from: LovelyFix on Feb 04, 2019, 07:31 PM
Clark Jr, Steve Gunn, some others.

I haven't loved either of Gary's singles so far and the new stuff he premiered on his fall tour wasn't super great in my eyes. I've been a big fan of his for a while but I'm just not really feeling the excitement for this album like I did for the release of Sonny Boy Slim.

parkervb

Quote from: LovelyFix on Feb 04, 2019, 07:31 PM
Clark Jr, Steve Gunn, some others.

new Steve Gunn is out. I've got one listen in and going back for more.
Don't you ever turn it off