Any Fans in Recovery out there?

Started by evilurges86, Apr 14, 2019, 06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilurges86

I got my ticket to the Forest Hills Show. Jim is coming to my town in May, and this will be my first solo sober concert. It makes it a little easier because I'm so close to support, and home. I'm getting a little nervous thinking about NY though. I have a friend in NY, but I will be going to the show alone. So I'm writing to see if anyone in recovery would want to meet at FH in August. I have heard that the dead has a recovery community.. I'm hoping MMJ does too. <3  :drum:
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

RobRoy286

I don't have an answer for you but just wanted to say congratulations, keep it up man.

millerjustin

I know there have been FOB meetings at each of the OBH's - perhaps you could rally a group using FB pages?  good for you btw!
What's in here won't disappear

evilurges86

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

Stevie

I know and care about many people who have gone through this struggle.  Good for you for being proactive.  Good luck!

StillWishing

MMJCOBRA

The grateful Dead used to have a group of fans that were sober or were in recovery.

They would meet up and go to shows together for support.

Called themselves the "wharf rats" methinks. It's based on a fantastic song of the same name. Has one of my all time favorite lyrics about a man whose down and out but finds inspiration....

"But I'll get back on my feet again someday
The good Lord willin'
If He says I may
I know that the life I'm livin's no good
I'll get a new start, live the life I should
I'll get up and fly away,
I'll get up and fly away, fly away"

Really powerful stuff. Good luck.

walterfredo

Indeed the Wharf Rats for GD sober group. Phish has The Phellowship as well.

StillWishing

The non-profit group Harmonium (Hamoniuminc.org) is at major festivals throughout the country. Not affiliated with any 12 Step groups, but rather are a bunch of clean and sober concert goers providing a safe haven for others in recovery.

millerjustin

Quote from: unravelled on Jun 18, 2019, 02:26 AMThe grateful Dead used to have a group of fans that were sober or were in recovery.

They would meet up and go to shows together for support.

Called themselves the "wharf rats" methinks. It's based on a fantastic song of the same name. Has one of my all time favorite lyrics about a man whose down and out but finds inspiration....

"But I'll get back on my feet again someday
The good Lord willin'
If He says I may
I know that the life I'm livin's no good
I'll get a new start, live the life I should
I'll get up and fly away,
I'll get up and fly away, fly away"

Really powerful stuff. Good luck.

nicely done - just saw D&C play this last night at SPAC - pretty epic
What's in here won't disappear

Jrbelger02

Anyone know of AA Meetings during this years OBH?  Will be in Cancun and would love to have a few meetings during the week.