Jim James Sunday Fillmore show cancelled

Started by MMJCOBRA, Jun 21, 2019, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJCOBRA

This sucks!!!  Flying out right now to spend the week in the west coast, to be anchored by a 2 night SF run.

Sooooooo disappointed :undecided:

Varitek

That's a bummer unravelled, sorry to hear it. I was going to this as well. I live 20 minutes away so while disappointing, it's not a huge adjustment.

However, I have will call tickets through a ticketstoday presale and I received an email from them about the cancellation. It says I can get a refund or use my Tix for Saturday night instead. I will be going Saturday but does that mean these shows were so undersold that they canceled Sunday to have one full night?
"Did he just put on a cape?"

MMJCOBRA

That's what I'm assuming. Each show must've waaaaay undersold expectations.

walterfredo

Week sauce. Didn't they pull this somewhere else in the last few years? Cancel a show for lack of ticket sales? Very unprofessional IMO.

Varitek

I agree. They have also cancelled it in a very stealth like fashion. No general announcement. Quietly removed it from the Fillmore website. There are still links on some pages out there for Sunday and Saturday/Sunday combo tix but when it takes you to TM's site it just says tickets went fast and are unavailable. Kind of shady and unprofessional indeed..

MMJCOBRA

I thought Jim would have commented on social media or issued some sort of statement or apology. Maybe he'll do an extended set Saturday night.

walterfredo

I'm a bit worried about his Paso Robles show, from what I can tell they've hardly sold any tickets. Kind of a weird spot for them to play, a bit out of the way from almost everywhere. There are still tix in the pit and in the seated area you can buy tix in the 3rd row. Not a good sign.

parkervb

the album cycle is reaching its conclusion, plus he's played a 65 shows in last 2 years w/ quite a bit on the west coast.

time to make the magic happen Jimmy!
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 26, 2019, 08:44 PMI'm a bit worried about his Paso Robles show, from what I can tell they've hardly sold any tickets. Kind of a weird spot for them to play, a bit out of the way from almost everywhere. There are still tix in the pit and in the seated area you can buy tix in the 3rd row. Not a good sign.

I have no idea where that is, but that is not a good sign.  Hopefully you'll still catch him there with plenty of room to roam.  A week or two ago I noticed that the Montana show with solid openers Lennon-Claypool and Built to Spill had tons of good seats and pit available.  That venue and setting look amazing.

Good point parker.....JJ has been around the West a lot.  That could be why the SF shows didn't sell too well.  On the other hand, in DC he sold out the 9:30 Club one night.  And it was pretty crowded the second night.  And last fall his acoustic show sold out the Lincoln Theater.

diddy57

Quote from: Varitek on Jun 21, 2019, 04:02 PMI have will call tickets through a ticketstoday presale and I received an email from them about the cancellation. It says I can get a refund or use my Tix for Saturday night instead. I will be going Saturday but does that mean these shows were so undersold that they canceled Sunday to have one full night?

That's interesting that you were offered Saturday. I would certainly switch days but Ticketmaster says it has already refunded my money and I didn't get the Saturday night option.

Varitek

Quote from: diddy57 on Jun 27, 2019, 06:37 PM
Quote from: Varitek on Jun 21, 2019, 04:02 PMI have will call tickets through a ticketstoday presale and I received an email from them about the cancellation. It says I can get a refund or use my Tix for Saturday night instead. I will be going Saturday but does that mean these shows were so undersold that they canceled Sunday to have one full night?

That's interesting that you were offered Saturday. I would certainly switch days but Ticketmaster says it has already refunded my money and I didn't get the Saturday night option.

Just got a "low ticket alert" for Saturday. Even with the Sunday cancellation they are having a hard time selling Saturday. Although Jim has been in the Bay Area a bit during this recent Jacket hiatus, he hasn't played a headlining Electric with a Band gig in several years. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night and would love to chat with any forum folks who show up, I will be wearing a Steelism t-shirt and hanging out where the carpet meets the wood dance floor in front of the soundboard.

MMJCOBRA

Amazing set. Double encore w/ I'm Amazed into Bermuda Highway back to the end of I'm Amazed.

Yes to Everything was ridiculous. Jim loves guitar.

Not necessarily a 2 for 1 but Jim played his heart out for the crowd.