Who's taping at Merriweather tonight?

Started by lynnzzz, May 01, 2010, 09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynnzzz

Big Tom,myself and Ryan will be so there's three of us right there. I think all of us have pit tickets and that might not be the best place to tape. Anyone else thinking anything different?

jmk

johnnYYac

QuoteLooks like Mr. Alex Leary has taken care of some stuff for us folks.

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2010-05-01?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Listening on stream while downloading.  Sounds good.  Nice turnaround.  Wonder if we'll see (hear) any of the other shows between Atlanta and this?  

Good catch jmk.  Great job Mr. Leary!  Tellin' of a stone he'd bring!  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jellyfish

It's up on etree as well:
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=534796
My Morning Jacket
01 May 2010
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Columbia, MD

Source: Milab VM-44 Link > Darktrain silver interconnects > Edirol R-44 (24/48)
Transfer: R-44 > iMac. Tracked and dithered via Sound Studio, FLAC via xACT

Recorded by Alex Leary (vwmule at gmail.com)

Disc One

01. Kentucky Derby call > intro >
02. One Big Holiday
03. Gideon
04. Off The Record
05. I'm Amazed
06. Mahgeetah
07. Tonight I Want to Celebrate With You
08. Golden
09. What a Wonderful Man
10. Lay Low
11. The Way That He Sings
12. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
13. Carried Away

Disc Two

01. Steam Engine
02. Smokin From Shootin >
03. Run Thru >
04. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2
05. Anytime
06. crowd
07. E: Wordless
08. Carnival Time *
09. Dancefloors
10. Move On Up

Notes:

-- Preservation Hall Jazz Band opened
-- * Preservation Hall Jazz Band joins for rest of show
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

wakebord

downloaded this earlier.  sounds GREAT.  best taping of the tour.  dancefloors was so awesome.  guys were totally on point.  really enjoying carried away with carl on vocals.  hope that turns up on an album sometime soon (either his or a jacket album).

johnnYYac

Quotedownloaded this earlier.  sounds GREAT.  best taping of the tour.  dancefloors was so awesome.  guys were totally on point.  really enjoying carried away with carl on vocals.  hope that turns up on an album sometime soon (either his or a jacket album).

I happen to be listening to Carried Away as I read your post, except this is from Carl live in 2007: http://www.musicalfamilytree.com/band/carl_broemel

FiddleCastro

Quotedownloaded this earlier.  sounds GREAT.  best taping of the tour.  dancefloors was so awesome.  guys were totally on point.  really enjoying carried away with carl on vocals.  hope that turns up on an album sometime soon (either his or a jacket album).

I happen to be listening to Carried Away as I read your post, except this is from Carl live in 2007: http://www.musicalfamilytree.com/band/carl_broemel

Thanks for sharing that. Carried Away is such a good song.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

johnnYYac

Thanks for sharing that. Carried Away is such a good song.

Hey, your OM-100 was looking mighty nice in that picture.  I'm jealous.  Had a blast, though, jamming with the OM-84 in the parking lot at Chastain in Atlanta.  Blew folks away with OBH, Touch Me 2, Steam, Bermuda, etc.  Would have loved to see Tonight!  

Erik26

Thanks to the taper!! Show sounds great. I am really hoping to see the 4 or 5 shows surface that haven't yet...especially the one with Steam and Dondante!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

Don Dante

Umm, this tape is incredible.  Huge props to the taper, Alex.  Unbelievably good.  Far and away the best sound of the tour - just listened to the whole thing and probably will again before the day's up.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

mahg33ta

Agreed.  Huge Thanks to the taper.   Listening to it again is bringing back bits of memories.   For example, at the beginning of What a Wonderful Man, Jimmy had equipment failure - you can hear the band repeated the intro while Jimmy ran over to the side to switch something - they didn't miss a beat.

headhunter

thank you for making me almost as happy as i was sat night at merriweather. an excellent taping job of an excellent show.  thank you for ensuring that my memories of a great GREAT night never fade.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Ruckus

Thank you Alex Leary for this wonderful taping.  It took me a while to get around to listening to this in its entirety and the quality is phenomenal.  I agree that it is the best audio I heard captured on this tour and just damn good overall. [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

In my mind, I slapped the girl that was obnoxiously talking about her beer transaction with the the vendor and working out the financial details with her friends at the conclusion of TWTHS into and through the beginning of Wonderful. 8-)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head