Main Menu

2019 Run

Started by AKS, Aug 19, 2019, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKS

I'm still riding high from those 4 shows, you guys! What an incredible run that was. Each show so unique with a totally different feel to each one. All 5 guys absolutely locked in! If I had to pick a favorite it would have to be that Night 2, Saturday at Red Rocks. Wow! That took me to another freaking dimension. I can't get over that Steam Engine, loved every damn minute of it. It Beats 4 U felt especially strong even though it wasn't stretched out or anything. Then that encore just finished me. Spring>Magic Bullet>Highly Suspicious>Touch Me Pt2>OBH.  That little funk party in there was so damn great! That chugging or whatever the hell you'd call it that they do during Steam & Touch Me Pt2, just so menacing and dark! That was my first time seeing them at Red Rocks and those shows did not disappoint. Lights were great, too.  Our group basically made a blood oath that we'll never miss another MMJ show on the rocks.

I haven't stopped listening to the Cap Theatre show since coming back from vacation either. What an incredible recording and performance from the boys!   That was a really special night. You could feel it inside. Jim was doing so many scans of the crowd and smiling and you could tell how much fun they were having on stage. Jim's voice was on point and beautiful as ever. Carl was an absolute mad man during the Twilight>Evelyn>War>Picture thrashing!! Bo during They Ran was magical and then Patrick and Tommy just holding it down, keeping the rhythm and then going nuts when it was time!! I feel like I could comment on every damn song I saw over the course of these shows!   I'll stop rambling! I hadn't got around to posting anything and had only been reading all the great things people were saying on here!

Also, shout out to the Jbpats for being a gentlemen and selling his Cap tickets for face. We met some great Jacket fans during our 11 days of travel between Colorado & NY. So sad it had to end last week but we've got some great recordings and amazing memories to fall back on until these dudes hit the road again!

Also, I MIGHT MIGHT have an extra poster from the Forest Hills show poster to trade if my buddy decides he doesn't want it. It will not be in mint condition. I will have something on here soon once I know.

Lonndown27

Quote from: AKS on Aug 19, 2019, 12:40 PMI'm still riding high from those 4 shows, you guys! What an incredible run that was. Each show so unique with a totally different feel to each one. All 5 guys absolutely locked in! If I had to pick a favorite it would have to be that Night 2, Saturday at Red Rocks. Wow! That took me to another freaking dimension. I can't get over that Steam Engine, loved every damn minute of it. It Beats 4 U felt especially strong even though it wasn't stretched out or anything. Then that encore just finished me. Spring>Magic Bullet>Highly Suspicious>Touch Me Pt2>OBH.  That little funk party in there was so damn great! That chugging or whatever the hell you'd call it that they do during Steam & Touch Me Pt2, just so menacing and dark! That was my first time seeing them at Red Rocks and those shows did not disappoint. Lights were great, too.  Our group basically made a blood oath that we'll never miss another MMJ show on the rocks.

I haven't stopped listening to the Cap Theatre show since coming back from vacation either. What an incredible recording and performance from the boys!   That was a really special night. You could feel it inside. Jim was doing so many scans of the crowd and smiling and you could tell how much fun they were having on stage. Jim's voice was on point and beautiful as ever. Carl was an absolute mad man during the Twilight>Evelyn>War>Picture thrashing!! Bo during They Ran was magical and then Patrick and Tommy just holding it down, keeping the rhythm and then going nuts when it was time!! I feel like I could comment on every damn song I saw over the course of these shows!   I'll stop rambling! I hadn't got around to posting anything and had only been reading all the great things people were saying on here!

Also, shout out to the Jbpats for being a gentlemen and selling his Cap tickets for face. We met some great Jacket fans during our 11 days of travel between Colorado & NY. So sad it had to end last week but we've got some great recordings and amazing memories to fall back on until these dudes hit the road again!

Also, I MIGHT MIGHT have an extra poster from the Forest Hills show poster to trade if my buddy decides he doesn't want it. It will not be in mint condition. I will have something on here soon once I know.
Would love a chance at the Forest Hills poster but I'm glad you're posting your experiences on here. We have a major discussion already going down in the Summer 2019 tour topic if you wanna copy and paste this to there. Either way, what a gruesome foursome of shows
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018