Girl in the backgound I will sing you song

Started by Pooch151, Apr 21, 2020, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooch151

Not sure how to start this but....

Over the past years that I have been jamming out to the Okonokos. I have been loving the little things in the background in the recording.  My absolute favorite is in the 5th track I Will Sing You Songs.  Such a romantic tune with a ton of emotion.  The into is set up to what is about to happen, kind of like the calm before the storm.  At 1:54 into the song there is a girl that screams "ROCK AND ROLL" in between the guitar ripping out notes.  I totally love it and usually answer back "Yes This Is" or "F***ing Right" or something along those lines, like I'm completely agreeing with this stranger.  I Wonder who she is, dose she also listen to it and knows its her screaming it.  There is a lot more to this rabbit hole, but I do love this rabbit hole that I find myself in   
Just wondering if anyone else has heard it or do anything like this and if so what are your thoughts.

Thanks for your time and always enjoy life but enjoy music more

Come Closer

Most of the time I don't like people inserting themselves a la Acoustic Citsuoca (is it Sooner?). I think there are probably some instances (bootlegs usually) where it happens that I don't mind and maybe even enjoy it, but not coming up with anything specific at the moment.

ChiefOKONO

Hahah that is funny.. I have to re-listen to that again.  I was at the show but don't remember that person unfortunately... damn it has been 15 years, insane!!!

sillyboob

Quote from: Osistheones on Apr 21, 2020, 04:27 PMMost of the time I don't like people inserting themselves a la Acoustic Citsuoca (is it Sooner?). I think there are probably some instances (bootlegs usually) where it happens that I don't mind and maybe even enjoy it, but not coming up with anything specific at the moment.

Yeah, that girl screaming during Sooner is no bueno.  But the girl who screams rock & roll is okay for me because she isn't that noticable.

Another one to point out, which once you hear it, you can't unhear it, is the unknown whistler on the One Big Holiday 2014 recordings.

My favorite audience capture is from One Big Holiday 2017.  Right before the band kicks into "This Land Is Your Land" you can hear someone yell "Let's fucking goooo!!!".  It's great.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

millerjustin

Quote from: sillyboob on Apr 28, 2020, 06:03 PM
Quote from: Osistheones on Apr 21, 2020, 04:27 PMMost of the time I don't like people inserting themselves a la Acoustic Citsuoca (is it Sooner?). I think there are probably some instances (bootlegs usually) where it happens that I don't mind and maybe even enjoy it, but not coming up with anything specific at the moment.

Yeah, that girl screaming during Sooner is no bueno.  But the girl who screams rock & roll is okay for me because she isn't that noticable.

Another one to point out, which once you hear it, you can't unhear it, is the unknown whistler on the One Big Holiday 2014 recordings.

My favorite audience capture is from One Big Holiday 2017.  Right before the band kicks into "This Land Is Your Land" you can hear someone yell "Let's fucking goooo!!!".  It's great.

lol - yeah the OBH whistler sullied lots of the tracks from both OBH1 and OBH2 - totally annoying.  In particular, harvest moon gets wrecked.  FWIW, he was tracked down and I know his name....
What's in here won't disappear

ChiefOKONO

You know his name?  Did anyone ever tell him that he ruined the show??

millerjustin

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Apr 29, 2020, 04:00 PMYou know his name?  Did anyone ever tell him that he ruined the show??

I think there were people looking for him at OBH3 lol - I'm not 100% sure, but I heard someone gave him a ration of crap at a show and he was somewhat indignant.  I recall his name is Ross Johnson or something like that?  no clue if he's in here or not?  Anyway, I'll never understand the psychology of not only wrecking a recording you know is being made, but also simply ruining the sound and experience for every single person standing around you?  I would have lost my mind if he was near me.  /end of rant/
What's in here won't disappear