get the Conan clip here while you can

Started by thebigbang, Feb 03, 2005, 11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigbang

Due to all the interest in this, I've created a web page where you can get the video of MMJ playing One Big Holiday on my server space for downloading. It is a huge mpg file, 49.5 megabytes, so don't try this without a broadband connection.

Enjoy, and get it while you can. Don't know how many downloads will be allowed before my server company will tell me it is hogging too much bandwidth.

Here is the link to the page:
http://www.kentuckythings.com/mymorningjacket/mmjftp/
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

EC

Hey!  That's really terrific of you!  Big props.  :)

whothrewthecake

for some reason, i could never get this to work on the server. so this is SO nice of you. thank you!

p.s. i think my face melted off from watching it.

EC

Ho. Lee. Shiyat.

That is some motherfucking craziness.  Woah.  Talk about kicking the shit out of a Conan audience.

Yahoooooo!

chunt983

how do I download it? I viewed it already, i take it i streamed it, but i wanna have it for keeps.

sweatboard

Right click, Save target as.  I think.
There's Still Time.........

thebigbang

Quotehow do I download it? I viewed it already, i take it i streamed it, but i wanna have it for keeps.

Sweatboard is correct. I've put instructions on the page to "right click, then save target as".

I should have done this originally, because if people repeatedly stream it, it will consume huge amounts of bandwidth. If they download it, they can watch it over and over and over till their heart's content. It's pretty mesmerizing stuff. The guys really need to release a DVD.

I wore out my video tape of this playing it on my television.  Which is why I sure would like to get a DVD copy if anyone can transfer it to that medium.  I didn't think about that until after I wore out my tape.

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

Chills

Thanks a lot man, had never seen this before, it's great!

LaurieBlue

I never got to see that before either - that was OUTSTANDING!

Thanks!
Laurie

JacketNation

Man, I almost cried while I was watching that.  At least, for 4 minutes and 44 seconds America got to see and hear what we all know.  And that is that those 5 guys from Louisville KY kick ass.  I appreciate the download, I have wanted to see the clip since their appearance and now I have it forever.  I'm proud of Conan, he "gets them" too based on his heartfelt reaction.

BIGVICLBI

Thanks for posting it, it was awesome, but my computer illiterate ass can't find it now. I saved it under save as target, now where do i find it? ??? ???

EC

QuoteThanks for posting it, it was awesome, but my computer illiterate ass can't find it now. I saved it under save as target, now where do i find it? ??? ???
It's probably in your temporary internet files.  Check your "recent history" section if you can, and it might be there.  Usually when you hit "save as" it gives you the opportunity to choose where you want to save it to, and what you'd like to call it.  (At least, it does on my computer - I work on a PC with Windows XP.)  If all else fails (heh), you can do a search for mpeg files, and then  search through those...

Hope you find it!!

thebigbang

QuoteThanks for posting it, it was awesome, but my computer illiterate ass can't find it now. I saved it under save as target, now where do i find it? ??? ???

An easy way to find your default location is to right click on the link again, and choose "save target as" again, and then look at the default file path when the window pops up that lets you rename the file before you save it. That folder/directory it wants to save your file into is where you should find the first copy you saved.

p.s.  No need to save and replace it if you find your first copy, as that will save some bandwidth for others.

SmoothOprtr

The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Elizanne33

I am so glad you posted the clip.  I taped it when it originally aired, but it was really fuzzy because I didn't have cable tv.  Now I can watch it over and over, and it's clear.  THANK YOU!!!

utonynashm

paula_j

Thanks so much for doing that!!!! I am glad there are people like yourselves who can cuz I sure can't :-/ but I would have good intentions!! ;) I am downloading it now and can't wait to crank it. Might have to wait til tomorrow tho gotta watch Boston Legal.  ;)

SMc55

The guys really need to release a DVD.

You're right there  :D

MMJ_fanatic

I'm salivating for the day when Bonnaroo finally realizes they can sell DVDs of compleat artist performances rather than the mixed DVDs they've been selling.  I'm first in line for that puppy!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

The Boar

QuoteI'm first in line for that puppy!

Right behind you.