Roll Call - Charlotte, NC 8/27

Started by MMJTX, May 24, 2021, 11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: ericm on Aug 28, 2021, 02:03 PMReally fun show last night and a great kick off to the tour. :thumbsup:   

Enjoyed the tour debuts and just when I thought I'd seen it all, we get that great Dondante with the Where To Begin snippet. So very cool and here's hoping it shows up again somewhere.

So good to see so many familiar faces in the crowd last night and catch up as it's been far too long. Also cool to meet some new ones and put faces to the screen names. Looking forward to seeing you all again down the road and til then, enjoy your shows.
"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

rkwedge

rkwedge

Thanks jsnl for these great videos!

Mike D

If anyone has an extra backpack they aren't wanting if be interested in buying one

parkervb

the Tapings section getting hungry for these shows...i am sure there were some tapers right?
Don't you ever turn it off

hoojack

There was at least one setup at the front of the lawn just behind the sound board.  Hopefully it pops up sooner rather than later. 

parkervb

I'm enjoying the videos that up on the 'Tube from "jsnl"

i kinda thought the Wasted guitar parts were reversed when I listened to the album but shows what kind of "ear" I have for it
Don't you ever turn it off

roffrs

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 30, 2021, 12:06 PMi kinda thought the Wasted guitar parts were reversed when I listened to the album but shows what kind of "ear" I have for it

I also thought it was Jim then Carl, and then Jim again in the slow down. It was a cool surprise to see it's the other way around. In our defense, the album version has their guitars panned to the opposite sides of their stage set up. 
Good luck comes from trying.

Lonndown27

Quote from: roffrs on Aug 30, 2021, 12:36 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Aug 30, 2021, 12:06 PMi kinda thought the Wasted guitar parts were reversed when I listened to the album but shows what kind of "ear" I have for it

I also thought it was Jim then Carl, and then Jim again in the slow down. It was a cool surprise to see it's the other way around. In our defense, the album version has their guitars panned to the opposite sides of their stage set up. 

that was a badass revelation! i thought it was Jim second but cool to confirm. Also, he's been rocking that white Stratocaster more...interesting, thin steely sound, much like the one on "Anytime" or "Smoking From Shootin" or the original "Lay Low".

What an unreal show to open the tour, a 2 hour 45 minute banger....who thought they were goin soft???
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

MMJTX

So there's already a recording on Archive of MPP last night but still no recording of Charlotte, i'm gutted. I saw at least 1 taper at Charlotte set up....this is tragic if this never comes out  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Anytime

Lonndown27

Quote from: MMJTX on Sep 08, 2021, 09:45 AMSo there's already a recording on Archive of MPP last night but still no recording of Charlotte, i'm gutted. I saw at least 1 taper at Charlotte set up....this is tragic if this never comes out  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Charlotte is still best show of the tour thus far. Longest, too;
I hope the band do 3 hours at Forest Hills, I bought my ticket to watch
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018