Any OBH insight?

Started by Bulldog, Apr 04, 2021, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog

Hey All,

I see they are firing up Playing in the Sand again this year. Been to both OBH and the last Playin and debating on doing one or the other this year after being cooped up for a year.

The million dollar question I have will there be some form of OBH this year? Much as I luv my Dead, given the choice I'll take an OBH over Playin any day....

Anyone has any insight or rumors I'm all ears. Hate like hell to pull the trigger on Playin only to have OBH announced a month later.

MMJCOBRA

They used to not announce until July or June. But I can't remember if they waited that late to announce OBH4.

Bulldog

Quote from: unravelled on Apr 04, 2021, 08:20 PMThey used to not announce until July or June. But I can't remember if they waited that late to announce OBH4.

Thats exactly what I'm afraid of....Been to all the OBH and I agree announcement was early June ish and as much fun as Playin was I'd MUCH rather see MMJ just hate to wait and end up missing out on both

MMJCOBRA

Per a forum search, OBH1 announced in June, OBH2 announced in June, OBH3 announced in March and OBH4 was announced in July.

MMJTX

My wife and I were debating this too, we went to OBH4 and had the time of our lives, but thinking about doing another type of this trip so Playin in the Sand was up there as our next choice.
I feel like tho with OBH we'll get more bands that we like since the OBH4 lineup was incredible outside of MMJ.
Do other big name bands play at Playin in the Sand?
Anytime

sillyboob

Definitely hoping Cloud 9 does some sort of announcement about which festivals are coming back. I've done 3 OBHs and 1 Closer To The Sun, although the CTTS would have been Wilco's Sky Blue Sky if they had announced that sooner.  And seeing that Wilco already said SBS is coming back (as of now) in January 2022, definitely would like to know what the options are going to be.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

slappymoe

I need another tropical getaway.

Or a new car.

Much rather spend $5000 on OBH5 than on a down payment.  I've gotten 226,000 miles out of the Acura so far, surely I can coax another year out of it.

Any chance they could return to the smaller Hard Rock Riviera Maya? Much preferred over Punta Cana.

ranyart

I just got a message saying 2022 Playing in the Sand sold out on alumni presale tickets alone.  Wow...

I hope MMJ realizes that demand for their shows is going to be off the charts, especially things like NYE and OBH I would think.  Go big is my suggestion to them.  If you bill it we will fill it!

Bulldog

Quote from: ranyart on Apr 09, 2021, 01:55 PMI just got a message saying 2022 Playing in the Sand sold out on alumni presale tickets alone.  Wow...

I hope MMJ realizes that demand for their shows is going to be off the charts, especially things like NYE and OBH I would think.  Go big is my suggestion to them.  If you bill it we will fill it!

Amen...I'd do both in a heartbeat right now LUV to see a Colorado NE followed by a OBH in either the Dominican or Mexico

MMJTX

Strings & Sol just announced for December 9-13 (Greensky Bluegrass, Yonder Mountain, Trampled by Turtles, Railroad Earth, etc.)

Playing in the Sand announced a second weekend since the first sold out in the alumni presale

COME ON OBH
Anytime

Bulldog

Yeah its KILLING me...I passed on the Playing the first time, but may buy for the 2nd weekend if we dont hear something soon.

Frustrating though, as much fun as I had at Playing, for me OBH wins hands down, my fear is the boys hold out another year as has been the case recently.

slappymoe

Quote from: Bulldog on Apr 09, 2021, 08:51 PMLUV to see a Colorado NE followed by a OBH in either the Dominican or Mexico
i'll take this opportunity to renew my campaign for a NYE blowout in the mecca of MMJ, louisville, ky.

haven't had a hometown show in 5 long years. we're due for something special.

ranyart

Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 18, 2021, 05:59 PM
Quote from: Bulldog on Apr 09, 2021, 08:51 PMLUV to see a Colorado NE followed by a OBH in either the Dominican or Mexico
i'll take this opportunity to renew my campaign for a NYE blowout in the mecca of MMJ, louisville, ky.

haven't had a hometown show in 5 long years. we're due for something special.

+1 would love some MMJ shows in Louisville!

MMJTX

Gotta think they'll play a show or multiple shows before going out and headlining festivals right?
Anytime

robb

bo was just on the road case podcast, and when asked about OBH '22 he said "that's a good possibility. i'm going to pencil it in."
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

MMJTX

Quote from: robb on May 10, 2021, 08:36 AMbo was just on the road case podcast, and when asked about OBH '22 he said "that's a good possibility. i'm going to pencil it in."

:cheesy:
Anytime

slappymoe

Quote from: MMJTX on May 10, 2021, 09:08 AM
Quote from: robb on May 10, 2021, 08:36 AMbo was just on the road case podcast, and when asked about OBH '22 he said "that's a good possibility. i'm going to pencil it in."

:cheesy:
I second that.  :cheesy:  :cheesy: