Railbird Festival in Lexington Kentucky

Started by MMJTX, Apr 27, 2021, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Got an e-mail today with the schedule. Not happy that it has My Morning Jacket only slotted for 1 hr. & 45 minutes (9:15 - 11:00).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Pineapple

If they can give DMB a full 2 hours on Sunday, then the headliners who are actually from Kentucky surely deserve 2 at a minimum. I was really bummed to see that, and to see the overlap with Billy Strings. I'd choose MMJ over literally anyone, so it's not a tough decision to make, but I'd have liked to see Billy for the 6th time this year!
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

Pineapple

Quote from: Pineapple on Jul 26, 2021, 08:17 PMIf they can give DMB a full 2 hours on Sunday, then the headliners who are actually from Kentucky surely deserve 2 at a minimum. I was really bummed to see that, and to see the overlap with Billy Strings. I'd choose MMJ over literally anyone, so it's not a tough decision to make, but I'd have liked to see Billy for the 6th time this year!

Still, being at my first Jacket show in 756 days will be cathartic for sure.

Mr. White

Got my single day Railbird Festival wrist band for Saturday in the mail today!

Took this photo to share with everybody (Railbird wrist band, My Morning Jacket The Waterfall Project wrist band with Deluxe Edition/Box of The Waterfall in background).

goiu

We got our wristbands today :thumbsup: , but never received an email with the schedule (& can't find it online).  Anyone able to share the schedule w/ times?  TIA!!   :drum:

Mr. White

goiu

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 27, 2021, 06:08 PM
Quote from: goiu on Jul 27, 2021, 05:54 PMWe got our wristbands today :thumbsup: , but never received an email with the schedule (& can't find it online).  Anyone able to share the schedule w/ times?  TIA!!  :drum:

Got an e-mail with this link on the 23rd.

Thanks so much Mr. White!!

ranyart

Quote from: Pineapple on Jul 26, 2021, 08:17 PMIf they can give DMB a full 2 hours on Sunday, then the headliners who are actually from Kentucky surely deserve 2 at a minimum. I was really bummed to see that, and to see the overlap with Billy Strings. I'd choose MMJ over literally anyone, so it's not a tough decision to make, but I'd have liked to see Billy for the 6th time this year!

I am in 100% agreement with y'all.  1:45 is way too short of a slot for MMJ especially after all of this darn waiting and Billy is the only other act I would really want to see on Saturday so any overlap is totally unacceptable. 

:cry:

Pineapple

As long as live nation gives them at least 2 hours at bonnaroo, they'll partially redeem themselves. But it's still unfair to those who are only doing Railbird and not roo

Mr. White

Got this e-mail earlier today.

"COVID-19 Health Policy and Railbird Entry Requirements

The safety of our patrons and our staff is our number one priority. As such, a full COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results will be required to attend Railbird 2021.

For patrons who are not fully vaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of first attending Railbird.

Railbird 2021 Entry Procedures
Comply with the Railbird Fan Health Pledge
Each day, bring a printed copy of your Vaccine Card, Vaccine Record, or printed result Negative COVID-19 test (showing test date). Regardless of your vaccination status we ask that you please also bring a mask.
Bring your Festival Wristband
If you are unvaccinated, wear a mask throughout your time onsite.
Please also remember our updated bag policy– CLEAR BAGS ONLY – and No liquids are allowed to be brought into Railbird
At this time Railbird is not requiring masks be worn by fully vaccinated patrons in outdoor spaces at the festival.  Railbird is providing numerous shade tents/structures (in both the GA and VIP sections) at the festival that are open-sided and considered outdoor spaces.

Railbird Fan Health Pledge

We ask that you not attend if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
Within 14 days before attending the festival you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
Within 48 hours prior to attending the festival, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention);
Within 14 days prior to attending the festival, you have travelled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.

Additional Information:
We will have increased hand sanitizer stations on-site, and our cleaning crews will do frequent cleanings in high touch areas.

These policies are subject to change, in accordance with state and local guidelines and changing circumstances. We will be updating procedures as necessary as we get closer to August 28th. For the most up-to-date information check the Railbird website www.railbirdfest.com and follow our social media accounts.

As a reminder, the last date you would be eligible to be considered "fully vaccinated" would be August 14, 2021 with a Johnson & Johnson one-shot vaccine. If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines or need resources to find a vaccination location near you, please check out www.vaccinefinder.org."

thesteamengine

I have two wristbands for sale - DM if anyone is interested. I'm selling for exactly what I paid for (not just sticker, taxes, etc., not a cent over what I paid overall). I have the physical wrist bands and will mail out within 1 day.

thesteamengine

I'll also pay shipping. I truly want a real Jacket fan to go.

Quote from: thesteamengine on Aug 07, 2021, 09:37 PMI have two wristbands for sale - DM if anyone is interested. I'm selling for exactly what I paid for (not just sticker, taxes, etc., not a cent over what I paid overall). I have the physical wrist bands and will mail out within 1 day.

Jack D

Railbird revised the schedule. MMJ gets 15" more, playing 9:00-11:00. Better, but still an hour short...

Pineapple

Quote from: Jack D on Aug 23, 2021, 08:12 PMRailbird revised the schedule. MMJ gets 15" more, playing 9:00-11:00. Better, but still an hour short...

11:00 feels like a pretty early curfew for a Saturday night in a college town. Hopefully they play later than scheduled!

Mr. White

Quote from: Pineapple on Aug 24, 2021, 09:49 AM
Quote from: Jack D on Aug 23, 2021, 08:12 PMRailbird revised the schedule. MMJ gets 15" more, playing 9:00-11:00. Better, but still an hour short...

11:00 feels like a pretty early curfew for a Saturday night in a college town. Hopefully they play later than scheduled!

Yeah, it's also on the outskirts of town, so I wouldn't think the "noise factor" will be much of a problem ... unless the rich folks who live in Lexington have that thing so tightly regulated that nobody would dare violate the ordinance ... if there is one in place. Hoping they rock and roll well into the night!!!

klegel

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS-xYiYMJxr/?utm_medium=share_sheet

Getting antsy! Excited to see the setlist from Charlotte to try and figure out the mood of the tour start.

goiu

There are 2 of us staying at the TownePlace Suites for Railbird, but don't have transportation & are looking for a ride to the festival.  We have a VIP parking pass we can offer for the ride if anyone can take us :headphones:

Mr. White

Been nervous and excited for days now.

As they say in the concert attendance business, "One more sleep!"

I'll be driving up to Frankfort (about 1 hour and 30 minutes for me) to my high school friend's house, where he'll be picking up the driving/parking duties.

Hope everything goes smoothly.

Rock And Rollllllllllll

Anu

:headphones:  <3

I am on the Facebook group & kind of forgot about this forum until this morning, but I have been a member of this forum since 2006!! I am also excited & nervous about tonight.

ranyart

Storms look like they are holding off at least for now.  Enjoy the show!