Main Menu

OBH 2022

Started by CC, May 13, 2021, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zutroy

Quote from: bobmono on Jun 03, 2021, 12:39 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 03, 2021, 12:24 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 02, 2021, 04:18 PMI saw Phish's riviera maya fest is back on for Feb 2022, at The Moon Palace and their tickets go on sale next week i believe, so i've got to imagine we'll get some more info for OBH within the month right?

I think the music gawds are f'n with me on this one, these two are literally back to back with 2 days off in between. I would LOVE to just stay there for ten days, but don't think that is realistic. We are going to have to pick one or the other and that is no easy task.

Same, I'm going to OBH - so much more bang for the buck.  I wish Phish would just bring a few more bands with them (which will never happen).

Bet they'll announce right around the Phish onsale next Wednesday.

Bulldog

Quote from: Zutroy on Jun 05, 2021, 09:03 PM
Quote from: bobmono on Jun 03, 2021, 12:39 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 03, 2021, 12:24 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 02, 2021, 04:18 PMI saw Phish's riviera maya fest is back on for Feb 2022, at The Moon Palace and their tickets go on sale next week i believe, so i've got to imagine we'll get some more info for OBH within the month right?

Just make it soon this is killing me....I wanna booked already, or at least start at room options and dream.

I think the music gawds are f'n with me on this one, these two are literally back to back with 2 days off in between. I would LOVE to just stay there for ten days, but don't think that is realistic. We are going to have to pick one or the other and that is no easy task.

Same, I'm going to OBH - so much more bang for the buck.  I wish Phish would just bring a few more bands with them (which will never happen).

Bet they'll announce right around the Phish onsale next Wednesday.

Cameron

I wish it was a week later (spring break for my kids). We probably can't pull it off but I'll be traveling to see plenty of other shows next year.

walterfredo

We are going to phish the week before. Gonna take some serious will power to board my flight home when mmj is coming in the next day. Swinging both doesn't seem doable.

bobmono

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 08, 2021, 09:41 PMWe are going to phish the week before. Gonna take some serious will power to board my flight home when mmj is coming in the next day. Swinging both doesn't seem doable.

Awesome!  You are going to have a blast.  Spend any free time looking for a place to hideout/camp for Jacket the next week!

walterfredo

Quote from: bobmono on Jun 09, 2021, 10:21 AM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 08, 2021, 09:41 PMWe are going to phish the week before. Gonna take some serious will power to board my flight home when mmj is coming in the next day. Swinging both doesn't seem doable.

Awesome!  You are going to have a blast.  Spend any free time looking for a place to hideout/camp for Jacket the next week!

After a couple drinks last night we decided we're gonna stay and do both. Let's see if this plan sticks.

bobmono

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 09, 2021, 11:29 AM

Damn.  That's Awesome - I'm very jealous.

After a couple drinks last night we decided we're gonna stay and do both. Let's see if this plan sticks.

robb

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 09, 2021, 11:29 AM

those could prove to be a couple really expensive drinks! here's to hoping you're able to pull it off.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

millerjustin

y'all heard any chatter on the number of nights of music for OBH5?

CID's save the date says March 2-5, which is 4 nights (sounds ok so far), but all 4 prior announcements have been for 5 "nights" - I assume counting the exit day.

maybe this is just different announcement format through CID?  or maybe not?
What's in here won't disappear

walterfredo

I've only gone once, OBH 2, pretty sure it was 4 nights.

rkwedge

Quote from: millerjustin on Jun 09, 2021, 02:04 PMy'all heard any chatter on the number of nights of music for OBH5?

CID's save the date says March 2-5, which is 4 nights (sounds ok so far), but all 4 prior announcements have been for 5 "nights" - I assume counting the exit day.

I see what your saying, OBH4 thru Cloud 9 said 3/2 thru 3/6 which was 4 nights of music.  My guess is it is 4 nights of music just the way CID puts it. Walterfredo, how many night of music is Phish as it says 2/24 thru 2/27.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

robb

Quote from: millerjustin on Jun 09, 2021, 02:04 PMy'all heard any chatter on the number of nights of music for OBH5?

i'm pretty sure they just aren't factoring in the check out date like cloud9 did.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Cameron

Makes it sound like a better deal until you realize all you're doing on that last day is checking out and heading to the airport.

Zutroy

From the phish message board, it sounds like the CID purchase experience was a serious crap fest. Lots of unhappy and stressed out folks.

walterfredo

Phish is 4 nights of music

walterfredo

Quote from: Zutroy on Jun 09, 2021, 04:49 PMFrom the phish message board, it sounds like the CID purchase experience was a serious crap fest. Lots of unhappy and stressed out folks.

This is true, it was a shit show. However, Phish has a much larger fan base than jacket does, I don't expect OBH on sale to be anywhere near as stressful.

Zutroy

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 09, 2021, 05:20 PM
Quote from: Zutroy on Jun 09, 2021, 04:49 PMFrom the phish message board, it sounds like the CID purchase experience was a serious crap fest. Lots of unhappy and stressed out folks.

This is true, it was a shit show. However, Phish has a much larger fan base than jacket does, I don't expect OBH on sale to be anywhere near as stressful.

You're not wrong. But it's indicative of the CID approach vs Cloud9. Cost more and not necessarily a focus on the fan experience.

niccamp

I dont know anything about the Phish event... however, when I perused the Playin in the Sand packages my first impression was that the layout sucked. I felt pretty overwhelmed with it and I wasnt even getting tickets. The different areas of the resort being different areas to click on. The way that it's grouped by occupants and days of trip separately and not listed as just add ins after. Did not like. And I can def see it being stressful day of on sale.

srhb11

Does anyone want to volunteer to tell me the likelihood or non-likelihood that a OBH newbie will even have the opportunity to buy a package?  I've been daydreaming but wondering if it's a waste of time.  I'm fully prepared to have my bubble burst. Shoot me straight folks!

Zutroy

Quote from: srhb11 on Jun 10, 2021, 10:17 AMDoes anyone want to volunteer to tell me the likelihood or non-likelihood that a OBH newbie will even have the opportunity to buy a package?  I've been daydreaming but wondering if it's a waste of time.  I'm fully prepared to have my bubble burst. Shoot me straight folks!

I feel pretty confident you'll get a package if you want one. But I wouldn't sleep on the onsale.