OBH 2022 Undercard

Started by Zutroy, May 14, 2021, 06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zutroy

What would your top gettable bands be for OBH 5?

Would personally love The War on Drugs, Fruit Bats, Kurt Vile, and the Flaming Lips

Bulldog

Lucius PLEASE, harmonies last time were amazing and of course Preservation.

Other than that I would honestly hope they go for new blood and bring in some bands they havent been to OBH with prior.

Cameron

Dr. Dog and Sylvan Esso are always welcome to me.

MMJCOBRA

Dr Dog
Carl Broemel
WoD
Modest Mouse
Spanish Gold

bearlyowlsome

Ok been to every One Big Holiday except the first. Here's my undercard for what it's worth. Love Dr Dog and War on Drugs.. just sticking to the new for my list.

Strand of Oaks
Dan Reeder
Bahamas
Woods
M Ward
Black Pistol Fire
White Reaper

I know, I know too many. Got carried away. 

4th time around and still super excited. OBH is about the best time a person can have. Magical! Expensive yes, but you can't take with you.

hoojack

Alabama shakes/Brittany Howard, black pumas, Rayland Baxter would all fit nicely.

JaOlen5543

I'd love to see Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats back on the bill.

What about Illiterate Light, they seem like a natural fit.

MMJTX

I thinks Strand of Oaks and Illiterate Light would be good guesses and very possible.
Would love to see Marcus King Band on there,
Susto
Futurebirds
The Bright Light Social Hour
Israel Nash

Trying to think of who would headline MMJ's off night, gotta be someone pretty popular, I thought Sylvan Esso and Portugal The Man last OBH was a fantastic night for MMJ's off night.
Leon Bridges?
Lukas Nelson?
Lord Huron?
Anytime

robb

Quote from: MMJTX on May 17, 2021, 08:49 AMI thinks Strand of Oaks and Illiterate Light would be good guesses and very possible.
Susto
Futurebirds
Israel Nash

Trying to think of who would headline MMJ's off night, gotta be someone pretty popular, I thought Sylvan Esso and Portugal The Man last OBH was a fantastic night for MMJ's off night.
Leon Bridges?
Lukas Nelson?
Lord Huron?

i would LOVE lukas + POTR.

that being said, i'd like to hope bands like futurebirds and strand of oaks are a lock. s.g. goodman would make for a nice afternoon set a la hurray for the riff raff.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

bobmono

Would love any of the following:

War on Drugs
Spoon
Sylvan Esso
Modest Mouse
Sturgill
Houndmouth
Parquet Courts

Plus many many more, but no matter who else is playing - I'm going!

slappymoe

lake street dive and grace potter. sturgill would be a great off-night headliner.  houndmouth ceased to exist when katie toupin left.

Come Closer

It should be mostly fresh blood. Spoon was pretty meh last time. I don't think Alabama Shakes are a thing anymore, but Brittany would be cool. Is Susto still good, b/c aren't they like a whole different band besides Justin now? Futurebirds fit, but probably not a big enough name to be a headliner. Billy Strings maybe. I could see Jim enlisting Bright Eyes possibly.

Cameron

Susto had some lineup changes but Marshall is still drumming and I know he's been writing some with Delaware again so I'm looking forward to the next record.

brob

Quote from: robb on May 17, 2021, 09:13 AM
Quote from: MMJTX on May 17, 2021, 08:49 AMI thinks Strand of Oaks and Illiterate Light would be good guesses and very possible.
Susto
Futurebirds
Israel Nash

Leon Bridges?
Lukas Nelson?
Lord Huron?

i would LOVE lukas + POTR.

that being said, i'd like to hope bands like futurebirds and strand of oaks are a lock. s.g. goodman would make for a nice afternoon set a la hurray for the riff raff.

Lukas Nelson and POTR would be great - it would be really cool if they did a Neil night with all of the artists on the undercard doing Neil songs with POTR as the backing band.

MMJTX

Quote from: Osistheones on May 17, 2021, 09:07 PMIt should be mostly fresh blood. Spoon was pretty meh last time. I don't think Alabama Shakes are a thing anymore, but Brittany would be cool. Is Susto still good, b/c aren't they like a whole different band besides Justin now? Futurebirds fit, but probably not a big enough name to be a headliner. Billy Strings maybe. I could see Jim enlisting Bright Eyes possibly.

Susto still puts on a great show, have seen them a number of times over the course of the changes they've made, hell i would even take Delaware's new band The Artisinals, they're great too.

I thought about Billy Strings as well last night, would be awesome to have him. or JRAD or Darkstar Orchestra, one of the dead cover iterations
Anytime

APR

I don't think they would repeat the openers.  Bands who are pals with MMJ who have yet to be at OBH that wouldn't surprise me:  Fruit Bats, Brittany Howard, Strand of Oaks

dr_trousers

A lot of you guys are picking bands that have already played OBH and I would rather see bands I haven't seen play there. I would love the co-headliner be either The National or Lake Street Dive.

sillyboob

Quote from: dr_trousers on May 19, 2021, 10:57 AMA lot of you guys are picking bands that have already played OBH and I would rather see bands I haven't seen play there. I would love the co-headliner be either The National or Lake Street Dive.

If The National were to headline the non-MMJ night, my wife would be in heaven.  I'd be quite pleased as well.  That said, I don't think it's happening, since I'm assuming they are going to reschedule their own Homecoming Festival at some point.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Bulldog

Given how much Brittney is playing with them I gota figured shes gonna be there just a matter of where on the schedule.

MMJTX

Is anyone familiar with the other bands (besides Brittany Howard) touring with Jacket this fall?

I had heard of Durand Jones & the Indicators but gave them a listen and definitely dig em

I listened to a about 2 songs of Bedouine and had to turn it off, was putting me to sleep honestly
Anytime